• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

As a WHITE MALE you aren't allowed to have an opinion

How much of a puss do you have to be to coming running to the Internet for support for this instead of dealing with anyone making those comments?

Its an asinine stance by very stupid people, so why can't you handle them?

Another question. I'm Latino do you consider that white? Because it seems to be white when it suits peoples argument.
honest opinion, i think it depends. if you look like Pau Gasol, then yes aboslutely he's white.

If you like Hector Camacho, then no, he's hispanic/brown or whatever people want to call that.

The better question, is what about black hispanics from Dominican Republic or Panama? i think most just call them black, but many might deem them hispanic still

Allowed to have an opinion.

How many people have actually encountered this argument personally? How is it not racist/sexist to tell someone theire opinion doesn't matter because of their race or gender? Secondly, doesn't this argument assume I'm unable to think rationally and have an open mind from the get go?

Thoughts?
nope. I tend to give off a vibe that deters stupid assholes from saying that shit to me.

not vegans, not feminists, not BLM supporters. they don't go there with me.

once this dumb kid, probably about 20, told me to "check my privilege" at work. I've been told I gave him a look of death. He avoided me for about 9 months after that.

i did get T"d up at work at a safety meeting for saying 'fat people are fat for a reason, they clearly don't work out enough'......that was considered fat shaming, and i work on a USMC base ffs

i have a feeling if i was say gay or a women, that shit woulda slid by unchecked

How much of a puss do you have to be to coming running to the Internet for support for this instead of dealing with anyone making those comments?

Its an asinine stance by very stupid people, so why can't you handle them?
I'm not running here to get support. I simply asked a question.

honest opinion, i think it depends. if you look like Pau Gasol, then yes aboslutely he's white.

If you like Hector Camacho, then no, he's hispanic/brown or whatever people want to call that.

The better question, is what about black hispanics from Dominican Republic or Panama? i think most just call them black, but many might deem them hispanic still
So if I look European (Spanish) I'm white. Okay. I think the way people divide privilege to others is hilarious.

The 'progressive stack' essentially says straight cisgendered white males' opinions are of less value than everyone else's.

So if I look European (Spanish) I'm white. Okay. I think the way people divide privilege to others is hilarious.
i'm just saying how i think most would argue.

if people don't know what i'm talking about, yes Gasol is spanish but he's even pretty white for a spaniard
Pau-Gasol-Lakers.jpg

and then say someone like Hector Camacho, how i feel some would say is a 'typical mexican' looking guy

i feel you tho, it becomes hard w/ someone like Oscar De La Hoya, who is clearly Hispanic, but pretty light skinned
Oscar-De-La-Hoya49.jpg

shit, shoulda went w/ Canelo Alvarez since he's a borderline ginger mexican. people probably have no clue what to call that guy

Allowed to have an opinion.

How many people have actually encountered this argument personally? How is it not racist/sexist to tell someone theire opinion doesn't matter because of their race or gender? Secondly, doesn't this argument assume I'm unable to think rationally and have an open mind from the get go?

Thoughts?

You.

I'm a white male and I've got nothing but opinions. This is what I do.

The time I start whining about racial and sexist discrimination, whether it be against the white man or others, is about the time I put a noose around my neck. If the world around you goes mad, the solution is not to join the ranks of insane.

If someone says that you do not deserve to have an opinion because you're a "white man", you should immediately understand that you're having a conversation with a person that has the intellect of an ant. A conversation with such a person is unlikely to yield any kinds of results.

Last edited:
You guys understand that this objection is usually centred around race-relations, right? Such that, as a white person, you can't understand what minorities feel? You can't understand what it's like to not have this ineffable privilege? Nobody has ever said white people can't have general opinions...

What kind of thread is this? some college kid got told to shut up by an activist or something?

No, it hasn't happened to me and if it did I would walk the fuck away before some feelings get hurt. I try not to overtly hurt other people's feelings.

What kind of thread is this? some college kid got told to shut up by an activist or something?
Lol. I'm no longer a college student and haven't been for a long time. It was an honest question. Why does it have to be I'm crying to the internet or got my feelings hurt? I'm a grown ass man and can handle a disagreement, I just was taking a poll of sorts. Relax.

Lol. I'm no longer a college student and haven't been for a long time. It was an honest question. Why does it have to be I'm crying to the internet or got my feelings hurt? I'm a grown ass man and can handle a disagreement, I just was taking a poll of sorts. Relax.

There are 7 billion people out there, some of them think you shouldnt have an opinion at all.

Im Mexican and tons of people in this board think i shouldnt have an opinion because of that. You simply ignore them or keep talking.

Back