• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

As a WHITE MALE you aren't allowed to have an opinion

Raiman

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Allowed to have an opinion.

How many people have actually encountered this argument personally? How is it not racist/sexist to tell someone theire opinion doesn't matter because of their race or gender? Secondly, doesn't this argument assume I'm unable to think rationally and have an open mind from the get go?

Thoughts?

It's never happened to me.

Not once.

But....I'll never use sunscreen, so lets call it even?

Never had anyone say this to me.

If they did I would have no trouble telling them to eat shit and die.

I've had black people - especially black women, a double minority of sorts - latch onto my image when I enter racially sensitive discussions. There are people saying overtly racist things whereas I'm merely pointing out hard truths in as... delicate a manner as I possibly can. But since I'm a white male and not an aggressively proud one they latch onto me because I seem to be an easy target.

Why do I seem to be an easy target, you might ask? Because they've grown used to those types of white males being apologetic and submissive. We must stop this trend.

If white males didn't have an opinion one way or the other, or believed theirs didn't matter, nothing would get done as we represent the majority of the decision makers within the US.

The argument is usually shown in more subtle fashion than you've presented, usually in the guise of white privilege.

What proponents of white privilege refuse to recognize, is that by treating a person by the colour of their skin, and not as an individual, they themselves are showing their prejudice.

oooh white males are such victims. they cant get anywhere in life because they get judged by their whiteness.

Your OP in itself disproves this notion.

I am a white male.

I have an opinion.

Your thread and its premise suck.

pretty sure the millions upon millions of fans that bought Marshall Mather's rap albums (including black people, likely in the Millions as well) cared about his opinion...

just saying

also, if this were really true, nobody would freak out over anything Trump says right?

So you are saying white men should be silenced? And should just obey and serve? Sounds prety cuckish.

i think what TS is trying to say is nobody cares about white guys complaints.....

cuz opinions are totally different. Any white guy go into work Monday and tell a female coworker you think she has a fat ass.....see if anyone cares about your opinion and files a Sexual Harassment complaint (or perhaps it goes in your favor and you get some, either way the opinion was noted)...

or walk into a non white area and say some racist shit, whatever. pt is still the same

Another question. I'm Latino do you consider that white? Because it seems to be white when it suits peoples argument.

Back