Electoral college leaves millions of voters disenfranchised

shit, you find a woman and put a couple of babies in her, then move on to another woman and so on, this is how a mofo be franchising

The electoral college gives more weight to the rural GOP states. You sure you wanna take that away, OP.

This isn't about winning or losing. It's about being heard. Jack you're smarter then that and I don't appreciate your, what I would assume to be, purposeful misrepresentation of my beliefs.

What on Earth are you talking about? If you vote, but you don't win, you were still heard. Voting for a losing candidate isn't being "disenfranchised."

The electoral college gives more weight to the rural GOP states. You sure you wanna take that away, OP.

It's pretty equal. Sure there is wyoming but there is also Vermont, Rhode Island and other small northeastern heavily dem states that are overly represented.

In 2000 the right loved the EC. Since then its been a pain in the ass for them.

In 2000 the right loved the EC. Since then its been a pain in the ass for them.

I think the EC is bad and should be replaced, but it's not "disenfranchising" anyone. Democracy doesn't mean, "whatever I want goes." It means that the majority decides.

What on Earth are you talking about? If you vote, but you don't win, you were still heard. Voting for a losing candidate isn't being "disenfranchised."

When you don't live in a battleground state it definitely leaves your vote feeling meaningless. Jack, what are the pros of a winner takes all system?

I think the EC is bad and should be replaced, but it's not "disenfranchising" anyone. Democracy doesn't mean, "whatever I want goes." It means that the majority decides.
Ya I'm upset because I want to win everything.... lol this is a bipartisan issue. It isn't about me winning. So you think the account is bad as well.

As for 2000 I was unable to vote, but the ec always frustrated me

When you don't live in a battleground state it definitely leaves your vote feeling meaningless. Jack, what are the pros of a winner takes all system?

Your vote means something--but if it's in the minority, you don't win in a democratic system.

I would favor ditching the EC in favor of a nationwide popular vote.

I think we need more super delegates, and should even throw some super-duper delegates in the mix.

Democracy isn't perfect in such a large, diverse country. Make real change by being involved in local politics. It's the only way to ensure you're represented.

Your vote means something--but if it's in the minority, you don't win in a democratic system.

I would favor ditching the EC in favor of a nationwide popular vote.

I understand how a democracy works, no need to be condescending. Maybe I'm articulating my point poorly,but I feel you're being dense.

Why shold I vote for the presidential as a conservative in CA? Also feeling disenfranchised and literally not havng your vote count are different things. I didn't say they're trashing my vote before it counts lol

I understand how a democracy works, no need to be condescending. Maybe I'm articulating my point poorly,but I feel you're being dense.

Why shold I vote for the presidential as a conservative in CA? Also feeling disenfranchised and literally not havng your vote count are different things. I didn't say they're trashing my vote before it counts lol

There's no law saying that Republicans can't win the CA electors. Bush won them in 1988, and many Republicans before that. You're just "trashing your vote" because you're in the minority here.

There's no law saying that Republicans can't win the CA electors. Bush won them in 1988, and many Republicans before that. You're just "trashing your vote" because you're in the minority here.

So why are you against the ec since you seem to have your own reasons?

So why are you against the ec since you seem to have your own reasons?

I think apportioning electors by state is an anachronism. In the extremely rare instances that the electoral winner isn't the popular-vote winner, I think democracy is not well-served.

I think apportioning electors by state is an anachronism. In the extremely rare instances that the electoral winner isn't the popular-vote winner, I think democracy is not well-served.

How could somebody win the electoral and lose the popular? It's almost as if some people aren't being heard...

How could somebody win the electoral and lose the popular? It's almost as if some people aren't being heard...

We have it set up so there are 50 separate elections, rather than one. Everyone is being heard in all 50.

Back