Alvarez talk about mcgregor boxing skills and say..

"To me, he's just a left hand. He's just a guy with a left hand. That's how I see him. He does something that we call a 'rock back' well. Mayweather does it. A lot of Philly fighters do it. He (McGregor) lives and breathes off it. A lot of MMA guys don't know about these boxing things that they do. This is a move that's very easily taken away and we're going to dominate every step of the way."

So, what do you think, sherdogger?
He's gonna keep on talking about that left hand and it'll CATCH up to him..

Whats up with NO fans, analysts, fighters or MMA reporters talk about Conors teep kick? The teep kick of McGregor is IMO one of hes biggest weapons outside of the left hand.
Conor broke down Dennis Siver, Chad Mendes, and Nate Diaz (2nd fight) with that teep kick, and thats a fact.
Conor talks about it all the time, but no one is buying it. Back stage after the 2nd Nate fight he credits hes win to the teep kick, and all of hes team also noticed how the teeps changed the fight by zapping Diazes cardio. Its obvious in the Siver fight, its obvious in the Medes fight and its super obvious in the 2nd Diaz fight.
Have anyone else noticed it or am I delusional?
It's a snap front kick but yeah it's a good kick if you place it correctly

They all understand Conor's game until they get cracked by that left.

It's nighty night after that. Alvarez will be no different.

Why was it not "nighty night" for Halloway, and Diaz twice? His power isn't going to phase Alvarez, who has been getting hit by grown men his entire life instead of midgets.

A large part of me hopes this fight is just purely standup, including the clinch
It would be so good
That would be awesome.

I think Eddie might have other plans, though!

Why was it not "nighty night" for Halloway, and Diaz twice? His power isn't going to phase Alvarez, who has been getting hit by grown men his entire life instead of midgets.
Holloway was affected by his power almost immediately. After the first exchange he was like a deer in headlights and it completely changed the complexion of the fight.

In the second Diaz fight, Nate was really coming on, baited Mcgregor and ate a straight left that took all the wind out of his sails and completely changed the fight.

Power is about far more than KO's. When a fighter has true power, it hurts even when blocked. McGregor has extremely heavy hands, which is evidenced by him never loading up. Almost any fighter can KO another fighter when they load up. True power is when they have it going in any direction.

McGregor has extremely heavy hands, which is evidenced by him never loading up. Almost any fighter can KO another fighter when they load up. True power is when they have it going in any direction.
Never loading up? I reference you the first round of Conor vs Diaz. Conor loaded up so many left hands he gassed himself out

He knows what he's doing. He's not going to give away any real strategies he working on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but McGregor didn't start using the pull counter in the way he did against Diaz until really recently. Before he was pulling in the way that Stevie Wonderboy does, which is different
I'd be more inclined to listen to Mark Henry describe Conor's style. Eddie's never struck me as having the highest fight IQ and I've heard him mention in interviews that he doesn't llike tape study.

Nah, he's used both throughout his career. In the ufc his pulling away aka wonderboy style has been more prominent, though, but he used the rock back a lot back in his regional days.

He claims that technique is so easy to take away, yet Mayweather used it as one of his main weapons in every fight and retired undefeated.
{<huh}

I wonder how Eddie's darting right is going to play in this fight actually
I like Eddie in the fight as well, I think he'll take some shots but get inside. In my head he gets dropped or stumbled a couple times but turns this into a grind, and probably beats Conor up against the fence for a bit.
It's close though, I favor Conor from range just because the striking is close and Conor is very comfortably at fighting as the longer man against orthodox guys

Eddie will have kicks at range,too, and Eddie kicks like a mule. I remember him almost kicking huerta's leg off.

Whats up with NO fans, analysts, fighters or MMA reporters talk about Conors teep kick? The teep kick of McGregor is IMO one of hes biggest weapons outside of the left hand.
Conor broke down Dennis Siver, Chad Mendes, and Nate Diaz (2nd fight) with that teep kick, and thats a fact.
Conor talks about it all the time, but no one is buying it. Back stage after the 2nd Nate fight he credits hes win to the teep kick, and all of hes team also noticed how the teeps changed the fight by zapping Diazes cardio. Its obvious in the Siver fight, its obvious in the Medes fight and its super obvious in the 2nd Diaz fight.
Have anyone else noticed it or am I delusional?

Edit: Ive learned that its the "snap front kick" I'm referring to,,, not "teep kick".
Meh, I think his side kicks to the thigh which dissuade Orthodox guys from taking the vaunted outside angle on him is much more pivotal in his offense. There were two thrown right before the Aldo KO which aided in getting Jose to leap forward like he did (amongst a few other things).

That outside angle position is something Conor predicates most of his offense off of so he can safely throw that left hand down the pipe. Think of that leaping forward, upjab-cross he throws for an example. The leaping upjab gains him outside foot position so he can fire the left down the pipe without a lead hand threat and the cross counter having to come all the way across his opponents body. Add his reach into the mix and it really magnifys how advantageous that angle is.

Anyways, that angle works both ways and those side kicks stops the opponent from committing to that outside angle.

Never loading up? I reference you the first round of Conor vs Diaz. Conor loaded up so many left hands he gassed himself out
No, he wasn't loading up. He was exerting and shocked he couldn't put Nate down, which shocked and drained him. Loading up is about technique.

No, he wasn't loading up. He was exerting and shocked he couldn't put Nate down, which shocked and drained him. Loading up is about technique.

He was throwing uppercuts from the waist trying so hard to make his dumb little prediction come true lol.

It's a pull counter
205qfph.gif
This is so beautiful
<{boneytears}>

Eddie just needs to stay conscious long enough to take Lepreconor down. After that it's over.

Eddie will have kicks at range,too, and Eddie kicks like a mule. I remember him almost kicking huerta's leg off.

Yeah I've been mentioning this in other threads, Eddie kicks hard as fuck. Chains kicks off of punches and punches off of kicks exceptionally well

Thanks for the rock-back post also, I've only seen a couple of McGregor's regional fights. Only the three (?) before coming to the UFC.

Conor loads up on a lot of his strikes. Look how far they travel.

I'd forgotten how well Eddie kicks. That's a real problem for Conor.

One of the most annoying aspects of the fast Aldo KO is I really wanted to see how Conor dealt with a great low kicker. Here's why.

Conor Stance is exposed to a great low kicker (yes I understand southpaw low kick dynamics).

Conor's whole game centers around controling range of engagement, in particular looking for ways to to slide off the center line outside punching range, low kicks completely change that range game and the margins of error for ideal exchanges.

Back