Kremlin wants apology from Fox News over calling Putin a "killer"

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
lmao can't make that up

"The Kremlin said on Monday it wanted an apology from Fox News over what it said were "unacceptable" comments one of the channel's presenters made about Russian President Vladimir Putin in an interview with U.S. counterpart Donald Trump. Fox News host Bill O'Reilly described Putin as "a killer" in the interview with Trump as he tried to press the U.S. president to explain more fully why he respected his Russian counterpart. O'Reilly did not say who he thought Putin had killed. "We consider such words from the Fox TV company to be unacceptable and insulting, and honestly speaking, we would prefer to get an apology from such a respected TV company," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on a conference call."

also solid reasoning by Trump there:

In January last year, after a British judge ruled that Putin had "probably" authorized the murder of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko in London, Trump said he saw no evidence the Russian president was guilty.
"First of all, he says he didn't do it. [...] So who knows who did it?" Trump said.

raw

source: Reuters http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-foxnews-kremlin-idUSKBN15L0XC

push

should fox news apologize?

Nice knowing you Bill O.

Well, if they called the Queen of England a killer I'm sure some Brits would be mad. They have a point. We get so used to our propaganda that these comments just breeze by, but think about it. Even if it's accurate, we don't say it about other people whether it is accurate or not.

Not saying Fox has to do anything. Freedom of speech. Just point out we don't say it about other leaders.

Last edited:
He has a point.

There is literally no evidence and many of these western corporate bought elite media regularly engage in libel and slander.

Also, why don't we call the Saudi King and other evil 'friends' of the US killers?

Freedom of the press andown freedom of speech.

If he thinks he was it as libel let him take it to court.

Well, if they called the Queen of England a killer I'm sure some Brits would be mad. They have a point. We get so used to our propaganda that these comments just breeze by, but think about it. Even if it's accurate, we don't say it about other people whether it is accurate or not.

Lol what a cuck.

Fuck Russia, Fuck Putin, and Fuck Bill O'Reilly.

The killing of Archbishop Oscar Romero was one of the most notorious crimes of the cold war. Was the CIA to blame?
Tom Gibb uncovers new evidence about the murder of El Salvador's spiritual leader

Tom Gibb

Wednesday 22 March 2000 21.11 EST

San Salvador. In the bright morning sunlight of March 24 1980, a car stopped outside the Church of the Divine Providence. A lone gunman stepped out, unhurried. Resting his rifle on the car door, he aimed carefully down the long aisle to where El Salvador's archbishop, Oscar Arnulfo Romero, was saying mass. A single shot rang out. Romero staggered and fell. The blood pumped from his heart, soaking the little white disks of scattered host.
Romero's murder was to become one of the most notorious unsolved crimes of the cold war. The motive was clear. He was the most outspoken voice against the death squad slaughter gathering steam in the US backyard. The ranks of El Salvador's leftwing rebels were being swelled by priests who preached that the poor should seek justice in this world, not wait for the next. Romero was the "voice of those without voice", telling soldiers not to kill.

The US vowed to make punishment of the archbishop's killers a priority. It could hardly do otherwise as President Reagan launched the largest US war effort since Vietnam to defeat the rebels. He needed support in Washington, which meant showing that crimes like shooting archbishops and nuns would not be tolerated.

The ordering of the murder was blamed on the bogeyman of the story, a military intelligence officer called Major Roberto D'Aubuisson who had, conveniently for Washington, recently left the army. In the weeks before the murder, he was repeatedly on television using military intelligence files to denounce "guerrillas". Those he accused were often murdered. Romero was near the top of the list.

But US promises to bring justice came to nothing. With no trigger-man, gun or witnesses, officials claimed lack of evidence. D'Aubuisson went on to become one of El Salvador's most successful politicians before throat cancer killed him at the end of the civil war 12 years later - the revenge of God, many concluded.

However, new evidence suggests that Washington not only knew far more about the killing than it admitted - but also did nothing to investigate for fear of jeopardising its war effort. Vital evidence was ignored. Key witnesses, including the most likely gunman, were killed by those supposed to be investigating.

https://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2000/mar/23/features11.g21

Fake news?

Of course Putin is going to say it's not true.
Trump had a point when he said that we had dirt on our hands too. But fuck he has such a horrible time speaking it just ends up sounding like he's equating the US and Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol at saying our media hasn't reported on similar things from our allies.

And then anybody saying our media should apologize for it.

Talk about being pussy whipped.

Kind of off topic, but I was surprised how much O'Reilly went after Trump. I was expecting softball questions and cheerleading.

Kind of off topic, but I was surprised how much O'Reilly went after Trump. I was expecting softball questions and cheerleading.
Next time it will be an interview with his bff Hanity.

He has a point.

There is literally no evidence and many of these western corporate bought elite media regularly engage in libel and slander.

Also, why don't we call the Saudi King and other evil 'friends' of the US killers?

I agree.

Expected. Russia is making moves now and establishing themselves over this weak administration. This is to test trump response. They know he and sean spicer will be asked about this. Something tells me they will side with Russia

Liberals believe the mayor of Paris & every single offended muslim should get millions in damages from Fox News.

Back