[No Source - Unconfirmed] Bret Hart On MMA vs. Wrestling

I always find the insecurity of MMA fans over comparisons to pro-wrestling to be amusing.

Jet Li fights people for months at a time with nobody getting hurt. Still fake.

c07790dbe8f059b738881bbf7e94b07b.jpg

efe9a1fb181d0d84fb327d739e27f2a4.jpg

brethulk.png

Linkwhere he said thisabout mma. He's said this in interviews before but it had nothing to do with mma.

I think you're trying to stir shit

It's not a link; it's a movie. The title is "Wrestling With Shadows." It's true he doesn't go right out and say "in comparison to MMA" but the implication is certainly there. After all in what other sport do you have fights that are shoot versions of pro wrestling matches? In MMA they even hire wrestlers and in pro wrestlers they've hired MMA fighters. Pro boxing doesn't hire pro wrestlers and pro westling doesn't hire pro boxers. The only pro sport which shares a significant amount of crossover to and from pro wrestling is MMA.

The aspect he's referring to is in MMA the goal is to hurt your opponent. In pro wrestling the goal is to make it look like you're hurting your opponent while putting on the best, most exciting match you can deliver, while both opponents cooperate with each other to try to make each other look good and at the same time protect each other from injury.

As far as MMA has come since UFC 1, the yearly attendance at MMA cards in The USA doesn't even come close to the yearly attendance at pro wrestling matches during its heyday - most of the 20th century.

Apples and oranges.

One's acting and performing stunts.The other is real combat.Each have their own unique skill but is an entirely different field.

Just ask this guy...

While it's true that each profession's athletes have their own skillets, there is a significant crossover. Some of the most successful MMA fighters have gone from one sport to the other and sometimes switch back again. Here are just some of the names that immediately come to mind of those who have worked in both MMA and pro wrestling and quite successfully made the transition in most of these cases:
1. Ken Shamrock
2. Dan Severn
3. Don Frye
4. Tank Abbott
5. Josh Barnett
6. Sakuraba
7. Fujita
8. Boby Lashley
9. CM Punk
10. Brock Lesnar

We have seen matches where guys have went 25 to 30 minutes without hurting eachother. It's called the 125 lb division.

Bret Hart said "Any idiot can hurt someone. It takes real talent to have a match with someone for 30 minutes or so, to look like you're hurting each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than some bruises."

Source?

It's not a link; it's a movie. The title is "Wrestling With Shadows." It's true he doesn't go right out and say "in comparison to MMA" but the implication is certainly there. After all in what other sport do you have fights that are shoot versions of pro wrestling matches? In MMA they even hire wrestlers and in pro wrestlers they've hired MMA fighters. Pro boxing doesn't hire pro wrestlers and pro westling doesn't hire pro boxers. The only pro sport which shares a significant amount of crossover to and from pro wrestling is MMA.

The aspect he's referring to is in MMA the goal is to hurt your opponent. In pro wrestling the goal is to make it look like you're hurting your opponent while putting on the best, most exciting match you can deliver, while both opponents cooperate with each other to try to make each other look good and at the same time protect each other from injury.

As far as MMA has come since UFC 1, the yearly attendance at MMA cards in The USA doesn't even come close to the yearly attendance at pro wrestling matches during its heyday - most of the 20th century.
Bro, don't fake news us anymore.

He's not talking about mma. He's talking about having a safe pro wrestling fight and not pulling a "Goldberg"

He's right. I've never heard an MMA fighter be called the 'excellence of execution'

Anderson Silva should be called that but he's busy being called something Bret would never be called :

THE GOAT.

Bret Hart, my fav wrassler on Smackdown vs Raw Playstation 2 Game. goat

@Blackjack
Your facts is whack
Total hack
Suck a sack
Of nuts
And hairy butts
Get in there
Show us what you're made of
In the squared circle
You're Steve uerkle
Did i do that?
A playful pat
With a barbed wire bat
Time for the steel cage match
Once they close that latch
You have to survive
Come out alive
60 min iron man match
My drift is what you'll catch
3 falls to your none
I won

Last edited by a moderator:
Anderson Silva should be called that but he's busy being called something Bret would never be called :

THE GOAT.
A Goat gimmick would be horrible. Do you remember the red rooster?

Good call by Bret

I think Bret needs to go see a neurologist ASAP.

His statements dont make any rational sense.
According to Bret's reasoning, movie stars are the pinnacle of athleticism.
In Kickboxer, Kurt Sloane dipped his hands in broken glass, beat the snot out of Tong Po with repeated punches to the face and GET THIS, there wasn't one scratch on Tong's face when the directors said CUT!

Now that is REAL talent Bret!

Some MMA fighters that have done the transition to wrestling have said in the past that wrestling is harder than MMA.

Something should be in there.

I can't believe adults still watch pro wrestling in 2017. These people are no better than circus performers. The circus is slowly going away.

Prime Bret would have the UFC LHW strap with three months training.

Back