Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

wow is that guy retaded. it doesn't have to be Roach btu Kvanagfh isnt even a high level striking coach by MMA standards let alone boxing.

SBG is basically like Taverdyan's gym.....seriously. what has that gym done? Both gyms gott heir fame from 1 fighter who had talent anyway and the few other decent fighters they have were built somewhere else. Kavanagh isnt even the most valueable coach over there he's a BJJ guy kinda like Greg Jackson but without the corner advice and strategy. Conor has ok-ish BJJ but it isn't even what makes him good nor has Kavanagh shown to give greta strategic advice.

The most valueable coach at SBG is Conors boxing coach whoever that is

Actually he's shown to produce great game plans.

This three-ring circus has just added another clown to the show.

It's good to see others are realizing how much of a clown Kavanagh is. He's an absolute wally who is latching onto Conors success. Just look at the cover of his book, how pathetic it is. Conor's name and image plastered all over it to get some dough. He's trying to make a name for himself from Conor. The thing is, Conor would have been a great fighter at any McDojo, the dude has some talent. Kavanagh is indeed the Irish Edmond.

61JCiSR5ppL.jpg

Of course this idiot is sitting here saying Freddie Roach is some imbecile who isn't smart enough to think of a way to beat Floyd. Floyd is unbeaten you goof. You think you know more about boxing than Freddie ? You think you will be able to come up with a better game plan ? YOU, JOHN FUCKING KAVANAGH ? LMAO.

The other thing that's funny is people thinking Conor can go in, like a complete novice, and some how by being such a novice he'll be 'unpredictable' and catch the boxing master off guard with his 'unpredictability'.

giphy.gif

It seems Kavanagh thinks this as well. LMAO.

Yeah he'll go in and be so shit that Floyd will get confused. Boxing is such a joke, the best way to out box a boxer is to not train in boxing, just go in with your MMA Irish McDojo striking, you'll fuck him up.

Dude yeah, I'd do better than the likes of Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto & De La Hoya. Floyd knows what they'll do, with me, he'd be caught of guard, I'd knock him the fuck out.

If this fight happens, Conor is getting embarrassed. It's funny seeing Conors fan club believing he'll somehow pull it off. Keep dreaming bozos.

Who cares .........go away Conor you suck!!

Nobody said Conor would beat Floyd with pure boxing. Conor has said he would beat him in a fight. So I expect some dirty tactics to be employed--ie shoulder checks, stepping on his foot, etc. All they need to do is set up a scenario where Conor can counter Floyd. And like I said before, Floyd has a long career for Conor to study. I'm sure there are some tendencies that he always displays.

When you fight Floyd you need to KO him, 3 knockdowns is not enough he will still get the decision the cards.

Just hope whoever trains him keeps him from getting dead. If I buy this, I want to see at least 5 rounds.

This guy has attempted to suck his own dick. You just know it.

MYK07_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
I can't decide who's worse at this point John, Conor, Conor, John..? I get it you've been around boxing by association gyms, mma, but you not involved in boxing. Kavanaugh ain't nothing but a hanger-on reaping the benefits.

If and when this farce fantasy fight happens my advice to Conor is "Don't go styling with your hands down with a better dancer or you'll get f*ked"...!

- paynebringer

Any boxing nerds in here? Would be interested to hear the stats on how many fighters Freddie Roach has trained that lost against Mayweather. He certainly didn't train any fighter that beat him.

Cody Garbrandts coaches trained tons of fighters that lost to Cruz.

That probably only helped them train Cody better for him. They've been studying Dom for years, just like Freddie has been studying Mayweather.

"Mayweather has proven himself to be perfect against guys who have trained purely in boxing"

Conor is in great hands.

To be fair, bringing in Roach would be a waste of money. The best coaches in the world aren't going to help Conor.

This is like Freddie Roach saying that he'll train Pacquiao in an mma fight because Greg JacksonWinklejohn lost an mma title fight.

These guys are completely rigid in their training. Floyd is a traditional trained to fight traditional boxers and he's excellent at it. When he has to fight someone that throws single shots at weird angles and with power, he's not going to be used to that. It's Conor's only chance of winning. He's not going to outbox Floyd.
It isn't just that Floyd trains against traditional boxers though. He is the best counter puncher around. That doesn't go away against non-boxers. So long as Floyd can spot openings, time shots, and read body movements than the karate stance won't help. It'll only let Floyd drain his gas tank even faster due to eating unnecessary shots.

Look at it like this. Conor throws single power shots without the intent to counter(Because countering advance defensive fighters is a science that Mcgregor is not privy to). Chances are Floyd shoulder rolls a few, keeps his distance, and starts taking advantage of the low guard. Picking at the body. Countering on the hard lefts.

There really isn't much to gain from using his traditional stance. Especially since Floyd will have a whole camp dedicated to finding every hole in Conor's stand up.

Conor has two options:

1) Throw power shots and pray to God for a Miracle

2) Fight as dirty as he can possibly get away with

Back