***Dominick "The Devastator" Reyes SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your level of ground fighting? Do you practice BJJ, no gi, or strictly mma type sparring?

The light Heavyweight division is aging. My style is a great matchup for a lot of guys, I now consider myself the fastest man in the lhw divison.
I hope you don't run faster than Gus, with that said, your striking looks great, looking forward to your debut. Goodluck dude.

I watched a bit of pride back in the day. I prefer UFC, rules I dont like soccer kicks, and I dont like how you can fall out of the ring, it doesn't quite let you fight free.

What's the one thing that motivates you the most?

I hope you don't run faster than Gus, with that said, your striking looks great, looking forward to your debut. Goodluck dude.

Just watched the videos in the op. Those head kicks...

What's your level of ground fighting? Do you practice BJJ, no gi, or strictly mma type sparring?
I practice bjj and wrestling with robert drysdale and Joe Stevenson. I came in second at nogi ibjjf worlds, that was my first and only bjj tourney.

Most fighters, even UFC fighters, never have a moment like you with your last headkick, and just days later breaking down the door of the UFC, what's it been like? How are you gonna top Friday :)

Hahahah I def do run faster than gus just not in the same fasion. Thank you very much i work very hard on it, and I love the feeling I get when in "in the fire"

I practice bjj and wrestling with robert drysdale and Joe Stevenson. I came in second at nogi ibjjf worlds, that was my first and only bjj tourney.

Well shit. I'd say that's a pretty well balance game you've got there. ibjjf worlds is legit

Most fighters, even UFC fighters, never have a moment like you with your last headkick, and just days later breaking down the door of the UFC, what's it been like? How are you gonna top Friday :)
Yes, I am def blessed! it has been a whirlwind, but I created it so I feel in control of everything thats happening. Its def fun though, I plan on topping it the 25th by just competing on the canvas for the first time and putting it all on the line for the world to see.

Well shit. I'd say that's a pretty well balance game you've got there. ibjjf worlds is legit
I just have not had the opportunity to showcase my ground game yet. It's there though.

Ideally...how many fights would you want before a title shot? LHWs may have better or quicker paths than others. Look at Tyson Pedro for example. He's 6-0 as well & already ranked at #12.

Hahahah I def do run faster than gus just not in the same fasion. Thank you very much i work very hard on it, and I love the feeling I get when in "in the fire"
haha that's good. Keep doin your thing dude, good things will come.

And yes! being 'in the fire' is a lovely feeling, made my amateur kickboxing debut last weekend and what a rush! words can't describe the feeling.

As a D1 football star, do you feel your athleticism will separate yourself from the rest of the light heavyweight division? Who else do you see as athletic?

Outside of MMA, what do you like doing (hobby wise)?

and do you get nervous before a fight, or is it something that you enjoy so much that you just want to go out there and get on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back