Minnesota authorities release police dash cam video of Philando Castile shooting.

Deserved to die because he matched a description and tried his best to comply with a pussy cop who couldn't give clear and firm instructions, while his partner jerked off without a care in the world. Such a precarious situation for that cop to have to decide whether to kill a calm compliant man.

And yes, I'm all for firmer rules of engagement for police that puts them at a higher risk to ensure fewer dead innocent civilians. If that makes you butt hurt, then sorry but I'm not sorry. Fuck their safety. They are supposed to be there for our safety, not the other way around.

Do you read your posts? Because some guy didn't exactly follow a cops commands to a point instantly, it's OK to just shoot him a bunch of times with a child directly in the line of fire. You keep not wanting to touch that little detail. Let me guess, you think it's just bad luck for that little girl that a cop had to kill a man for reaching into his pocket like the officer asked?

I'm not the retard who thinks police should have a green light to shoot anyone who doesn't comply with instructions like a fucking robot. This shit isn't Westworld. You can't just tell someone "Cease all motor functions" or have the right to kill them.
Simmer down, Blahino

he asked twice not three times and then fired, it seemed the guy never reached for the gun, stupid people all around. the guy should lose his job at least.
he was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter and 2 counts of dangerous discharge of firearm.

and yes, he did lose his job. he is fucked for life

Matched description of robbery suspect. Was reaching for something out of view, after telling the officer he had a gun.

Was reaching for something out of view, like in almost all traffic stops at the request of the officer.

Is life a movie to you? Do you think all potential murderers are easily identifiable by their demeanor? Your logic is ridiculous. In one breath you're saying he shouldn't have shot him because he was calm. So if he wasn't calm, he could've shot him, even though the scenario would be the exact same? If Castile was shouting "Fucking asshole cops! Always harassing me! Let me get my ID! Oh' by the way, I have a legal gun in the car, you fuckin' pig!"

Is life a movie? I've actually had to make shoot or no shoot decisions, including during vehicle searches. I understand what's at stake and what can happen. You can tell a lot by a person's actions. Aggressive behavior is a huge indicator for problems afterwards. You're the one who thinks it's a movie where calm and compliant people with children in their cars just pull out guns and kill cops for traffic violations on the regular.

Then it would be okay to shoot the guy as he was reaching for his ID? It's okay to assume he was reaching for his gun, it's then okay to take the shot based on an assumption?

It's all about situational awareness. Robbery suspect makes no sense if the other officer isn't even paying attention to the vehicle during the approach and initial stop. If someone is being aggressive or circumstances present a high risk of violence, like apprehending someone for a felony, then there's more justification to use deadly force.

If you have no evidence to support them being that person you need to give them more leniency. Compliant. Calm. Around children (Again you love to ignore this part). Forthcoming about a firearm. That's not the guy you shoot for reaching into his back pocket.

Is their bodycam footage? Was the guy reaching for it? I mean, the cop says over and over don't reach for it.

That isn't an excuse. He also said to get his license and registration out. You can't just say "don't reach for it". You need to give precise instructions to people in a situation like that. This was utterly terrible.

he was charged with 2nd degree manslaughter and 2 counts of dangerous discharge of firearm.

and yes, he did lose his job. he is fucked for life

I mean.... He probably should have lost his job, don't you think?

Simmer down, Blahino

You're right. Who should care about police infringing on our Constitutional rights, caring more about themselves than the public they serve, killing innocent people for trying to comply with orders during minor traffic stops, and putting little children at extreme risk of death all on a hunch? What's to get angry about?

We should just blindly allow police to behave however they want. We should let them kill civilians at a sickening rate for minor perceived threats. We should let them treat 2nd amendment supporters like they have no rights.

So another case of someone not listening to an officer's command. I have my permit. I told a cop that on a traffic stop. He told me to keep my hands on the wheel. I did, he let me go with a warning. When are people going to realize that cops aren't playing around when they tell you to do something?

This guy wasn't told to keep his hands on the wheel. This guy WAS following the officer's commands. He was told to get his license and registration out and to not reach for his gun, then was shot and killed 15 seconds after being told to get his registration out. Absolutely no excuse for that.

This guy wasn't told to keep his hands on the wheel. This guy WAS following the officer's commands. He was told to get his license and registration out and to not reach for his gun, then was shot and killed 15 seconds after being told to get his registration out. Absolutely no excuse for that.

These are probably the same people who saw no issue with the way police responded to the Tamir Brown situation.

This "cop" should be executed by a Romero knee.

Not at all fishy that the police force he worked for fired him right after saying that the community was safer without him.

I mean.... He probably should have lost his job, don't you think?
honestly, I think the prosecutor/DA/chief/city knew they couldn't get a conviction from the beginning base from this dashcam video, but they have to appease the public by charging & firing this cop

This "cop" should be executed by a Romero knee.

Not at all fishy that the police force he worked for fired him right after saying that the community was safer without him.

That's the secret. They get fired and simply go to another town and work for that department. It's not uncommon for an officer to have been fired from other departments for poor behavior and get brought right back onto another one.

These are probably the same people who saw no issue with the way police responded to the Tamir Brown situation.

Both situations are very similar in that at the core of them is a young, inexperienced police officer who kills someone.

honestly, I think the prosecutor/DA/chief/city knew they couldn't get a conviction from the beginning base from this dashcam video, but they have to appease the public by charging & firing this cop

I would also have to think they would take into consideration the type of situation this young man thought he was walking into. It is rough all around.

So the cop tells him three times not to pull out his gun before he fires but you can hear Castile say, he's not pulling it out before the gun opens fire. without body cam, there's no way to tell what happened before the officer opened fire but even if you have a licensed gun, you never pull it out even to show the cop. That alone can be justification for a shooting.
The guys a janitor not a criminal, told the cop he was armed and that he was not reaching for it, they found the gun in his pocket with an empty chamber, his GF and her 4 YO were in the car with him, what are the odds he was reaching for his gun? I know being a cop is a tough job but you have to be prepared to be in a a dangerous situation without opening fire on a suspect without being positive you're being attacked.

That isn't an excuse. He also said to get his license and registration out. You can't just say "don't reach for it". You need to give precise instructions to people in a situation like that. This was utterly terrible.

He did but CCL classes will definitely tell you how you should proceed. You can question or ask the officer, you only have to be lawful so far, you can find alternative ways and ask the officer to do it for you. Him being high as fuck doesn't help.

That's a complete misrepresentation of the situation. The officer asked him for his ID, which is almost always in someone's back pocket. Castile then gave a courtesy warning that he had a legal firearm as he was grabbing the ID. The officer replied to not reach for it, implying the firearm to anyone reasonable. Castile assured him that he wasn't while he complied with the original instruction to get his ID, and in a matter of seconds the officer fired off 7 shots with a little girl directly in the line of fire.

It's fucking disgusting to hear people like you blame the victim for a pussy cop.

And now some of you assholes are really going to try and use marijuana as a way to vilify this man. The same people who want limited government and 2nd amendment rights.

It's very simple, when a cop says 'don't reach for it' and the subject is firearms, you freeze. If you don't, you might die. You don't keep reaching for something.

And I didn't mention anything about marijuana, I think you are lumping people together. I don't care about that.

Back