Brain Damage in Wmma

58miles

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
After the death mma/boxer Tim Hauge there has been a lot of talk about brain damage in mma among male fighters. What about brain damage among wmma fighters? Here are a few exmaples to consider like:

former mma/boxer Michele "Diabilita" Gutierrez
told AXS that she finds it hard to concentrate sometimes, and that she has trouble remembering things from her past.
"Diablita" often finds herself confused and disoriented, regularly misplacing personal items and forgetting past events. She's not positive her memory loss is a direct result of MMA fighting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. I feel spacey a lot. I do things like put the cheese in the pantry and bread in the fridge. I have no long term memory and it's awful. I feel like I'm 80 years old," she said.

"I definitely find it hard to concentrate. All my MRI and brain scans have always come back normal, but I did suffer a seizure about a year ago and the doctors couldn't explain why. I was very irresponsible during training. I never wore head gear! I felt like I got hit more wearing it and I def regret that. Can't say I'm like this from fighting but I'd guess yes if I had to bet on it.

Gutierrez says she started noticing a change in her mind and body after her fight in 2011 against Amanda LaVoy. She suffered a serious concussion that year, and described herself as "feeling different" from then on. The hard-hitting California slugger went on to fight three more times over the next two years, absorbing dozens more blows to the head.
https://www.axs.com/news/michele-gutierrez-feeling-long-term-effects-of-mma-fighting-34577

There are other examples like Veronica Rothenhausler, Aisling Daly and we all know about Cat Zingano

she finds it hard to concentrate sometimes, and that she has trouble remembering things from her past. "Diablita" often finds herself confused and disoriented, regularly misplacing personal items and forgetting past events. She's not positive her memory loss is a direct result of MMA fighting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. I feel spacey a lot. I do things like put the cheese in the pantry and bread in the fridge. I have no long term memory and it's awful. I feel like I'm 80 years old," she said.

just a normal day for me and ive never been punched in the head

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...

he died in boxing , mma had nothing to do with it

After the death mma/boxer Tim Hauge there has been a lot of talk about brain damage in mma among male fighters. What about brain damage among wmma fighters? Here are a few exmaples to consider like:

former mma/boxer Michele "Diabilita" Gutierrez
told AXS that she finds it hard to concentrate sometimes, and that she has trouble remembering things from her past.
"Diablita" often finds herself confused and disoriented, regularly misplacing personal items and forgetting past events. She's not positive her memory loss is a direct result of MMA fighting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together. I feel spacey a lot. I do things like put the cheese in the pantry and bread in the fridge. I have no long term memory and it's awful. I feel like I'm 80 years old," she said.

"I definitely find it hard to concentrate. All my MRI and brain scans have always come back normal, but I did suffer a seizure about a year ago and the doctors couldn't explain why. I was very irresponsible during training. I never wore head gear! I felt like I got hit more wearing it and I def regret that. Can't say I'm like this from fighting but I'd guess yes if I had to bet on it.

Gutierrez says she started noticing a change in her mind and body after her fight in 2011 against Amanda LaVoy. She suffered a serious concussion that year, and described herself as "feeling different" from then on. The hard-hitting California slugger went on to fight three more times over the next two years, absorbing dozens more blows to the head.
https://www.axs.com/news/michele-gutierrez-feeling-long-term-effects-of-mma-fighting-34577

There are other examples like Veronica Rothenhausler, Aisling Daly and we all know about Cat Zingano

I don't think women hit hard enough to cause that sort of damage....

I don't think women hit hard enough to cause that sort of damage....

Obviously everyone can get brain damage. They don't hit as hard but if you get hit often enough that doesn't matter also they don't take punches as well they have weaker necks.

Whether headgear helps is up for debate it might not help at all especially if you get hit more often as a result of wearing it

the first two posts are shameful

Ronda looked like she got her hard drive scrambled up in her last two fights. Wouldn't be surprised if she has some low level damage going on.

Ronda looked like she got her hard drive scrambled up in her last two fights. Wouldn't be surprised if she has some low level damage going on.
She also spent years, at a high level, getting dumped on her head.

Bethe has been on the receiving end of two devastating highlight reel KO's in 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if she started having problems in the near future.

just a normal day for me and ive never been punched in the head

if all the scans are clear, shes been tested, nothings wrong, i dont think you can put 2 and 2 together no...
You should educate yourself on concussions.

I'd be willing to bet the women don't take damage as well as men do. It probably doesn't take as much for them to have long-term/permanent effects. They aren't physiologically built like men are.

I'd be willing to bet the women don't take damage as well as men do. It probably doesn't take as much for them to have long-term/permanent effects. They aren't physiologically built like men are.

I thought I read somewhere they have thicker skulls than men. I could be wrong about that but I think I read that.

If true, maybe that's why we never see them KO each other. Weak punches and strong skulls!

the first two posts are shameful

why, shes had a full mri and brain scans and they arent showing any reason for the issues

op is putting 2 and 2 together without any evidence of his conclusion

WMMA fighters probably get more damage in the head from take down than punches from other WMMA fighters.

why, shes had a full mri and brain scans and they arent showing any reason for the issues

op is putting 2 and 2 together without any evidence of his conclusion

but he feels it is true
please, we must respect sissy's feelings ffs

Back