What is the ONE thing that propelled the United States to the top?

Yeah, you guys have also have done a lot of things right.
But had the advantage that you didn't have all the stupid conflicts that had their origins centuries ago.
You basically got a fresh start.
After you killed most of the rightful owners of the land and committed treason of course.

giphy.gif

The land mass and its resources and the idea of manifesting destiny.

That's all.

It was a new, so people went all in.

Manufacturing and innovation. Sadly, the latter has waned.

Maybe. But let's look at the burgeoning marijuana industry in the US. The Dutch had that shit relatively legal for years and what did they do with it? The had a crude vaporizer to smoke your buds, some hash, and maybe a few muffins, cakes, or shakes. Not much really advanced when compared to the innovations of the last five years or so here. Now we've got little cartridges with vape pens and every kind of edible it's possible to infuse with THC. Then there's all sorts of medicinal cremes and the like. Various methods of hash making. Strains are advancing. I think Americans are still highly innovative.

Progressive policy: which includes

Women's rights
Unions
Workers rights
Labor laws

It grew the greatest middle class the world has ever know.

Maybe. But let's look at the burgeoning marijuana industry in the US. The Dutch had that shit relatively legal for years and what did they do with it? The had a crude vaporizer to smoke your buds, some hash, and maybe a few muffins, cakes, or shakes. Not much really advanced when compared to the innovations of the last five years or so here. Now we've got little cartridges with vape pens and every kind of edible it's possible to infuse with THC. Then there's all sorts of medicinal cremes and the like. Various methods of hash making. Strains are advancing. I think Americans are still highly innovative.

I live in WA, one of the first states to legalize, and I have a friend who has worked in the industry since it came. He has some crazy stories on what people have produced with cannabis. I look at the pricing of weed, and it's insane. 5 years ago, for me to get an oz of weed, it would be maaaaaybe 250 bucks, and that's if I'm lucky, and it's through a dealer, so you have to buy whatever he has, which is limited. Now, I can go to Have a Heart and get an oz of really good shake/keef mix for 55 bucks.

Two giant oceans separating us from Axis powers sure didn't hurt.
It's almost like borders made countries great at one time.

What is the one thing that caused the United States to be the world leader in the 21st century?

Is it because of the Petrodollar?

Is it WW2 manufacturing?

Luck?

the world wars, and an ocean on either side of us. no question about it.

well i consider those Germans one of us now. So they are american, unfortantly are space program is crap
Our manned space program is crap, but the rest is bad ass. We're still the only country that has sent a probe to Uranus.

Honestly? Immigration.

Almost every great thing this country produced was the result of immigrants or the next 2-3 generations.

Shit, even Trump is only 2nd generation American, his grandfather was an immigrant.

Christian informed values like family, duty and charity.

those could easily be buddhist or atheist values too.

without the world wars, we'd be a middling power. i mean, every side of ww1 was buying shit from us lol. we didnt jump in until the very end. i dont think we planned it that way, but there is no better way that ww1 could have gone for us.

Americans spend, on average, less than 17% of their annual income on food. This includes all the groceries, eating out, and other dining experiences you could imagine.

In poorer countries, laborers often have to spend far more than 50% of their daily income on food alone.

The amount that Americans otherwise don't spend on food is able to be used for a multitude of other things.

We could have all things mentioned, here but without the constitution/rule of law , utilization of such most likely wouldn't have materialized to the potential that it did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back