Why do people hate Weidman SO much

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?

I don't know...

Great skills/technique

Was he ever in a boring fight ?

His haters are usually foreigners or sjw's who hate america.

Hairline envy brings out the worst in people

I wondered that myself. Well rounded fighter, former champ, and still my boy.

Hate of this kind is usually a reaction to hype. When someone is seen to be overhyped or praised too much, they develop backlash.

I think this one is pretty obvious. He's beaten a lot of legendary Brazilians and many Brazilians are fiercely nationalistic.

Racism against the embodiment of white America, the Chris the Whiteman.

I was beyond furious when he beat Anderson but I still like the guy and it's not because he's a New Yorker either.

Although admittedly, his mic skills need work and there is a degree of whine in his meals.

Bait thtead? Im honestly curious
I think the Silva fan hate is vastly exaggerated. Weidman has shown a cocky and arrogant side more than a few times now. It's odd to me that some of his fans are trying to excuse that. Especially when they wait for Silva, or Jones to make any utterance whatsoever, so they can talk shit. They are suck ass hypocrites and pieces of moose shit.

I think this one is pretty obvious. He's beaten a lot of legendary Brazilians and many Brazilians are fiercely nationalistic.
Hmm maybe. I'm hoping people will say why they hate him. So far no hater has said anything themself

His haters are usually foreigners or sjw's who hate america.

Yup.
Someone posted last night that he was "too white".
Completely acceptable comment these days and nobody will raise the issue of racism in that comment because it's against a white person.

I think his "whiteness" is what triggers a lot of his haters on the cool.

1. He's a straight white male who has the unmitigated gall not to be ashamed of it.

2. He represents everything America used to be and that the far left has worked tirelessly for the past 50 years to destroy forever.

3. He actually cares about his family, which these days is considered incredibly lame.

4. He beat AS not once but twice, which apparently is considered a heinous crime by most MMA fans for some reason.

5. People genuinely think because he checked a leg kick that somehow means the second AS win was the biggest fluke ever.

And there you go.

I honestly don't get it. I'm not even a Weidman fan. I'm just like whatever about him, but people act like he's some huge asshole when he's just kind of around and he doesn't say or do much. Are they really still mad he beat Anderson?

to be fair, his post-fight behavior sure didn't help his case.

Back