Ask me anything

1. Korea tries to be better than Japan (or imitate them)? Is there an obsession with Japan?

2. I've always thought it is cool that every korean guy has done military service. How was it? Every korean is good with guns?

3. Do you like Hidden Singer show?

Like @St0neHand5 said, Korea and Japan has had a rivalry forever. I don't know how far back it goes but Korea has had periods of military conflict and peaceful trade and cultural exchange with Japan for centuries at least. Many Koreans like to claim Japan owes it's civilization thanks to Korea. I think the the Japanese occupation in the early 20th century is what really made our relationship what it is now. Korea has a collective inferiority complex to Japan (and to some extent China, the US, and the West as a whole). Japan modernized much earlier, Japan conquered Korea and tried to snuff out the culture, for decades after WWII Japan was a major economic power while Korea lived in poverty, the Japan has had a much more prominent role in the international community, westerners didn't know where Korea was but everybody knew about Japan, etc. Korea is insecure. So anytime Korea does anything better than Japan, they love to boast about it.

2. I don't think it's cool. It was shitty. And no the military does not make everybody good with guns, especially one that halfasses things like the ROK military does. Most ROK soldiers are scrawny conscripts ripped from a lifetime of studying and playing starcraft. 5 weeks of basic and 2 years of shoveling snow/picking up leaves (which was most of the time in my service) doesn't automatically turn them into disciplined killers.

3. No idea what that is as I don't watch TV.

How do Koreans view the Japanese

How do Koreans view the Chinese

How do Koreans view: Thais,Vietnamese,Cambodians,Malays,Filipinos.

Japanese. A mixture of hatred/jealously/admiration. People are still mad at the oppressive Japanese occupation and jealous that Japan is a better country now in many ways.

Chinese. Koreans love to look down on the Chinese. I think the hatred is unique in that Koreans feel an inferiority complex to Chinese civilization as a whole, but they view the average Chinese person as dirty, educated peasants. Even cool, level-headed Koreans with experience traveling abroad, seem to reserve a spot in their heart for hating the Chinese.

Koreans still suffer from the inferiority complex of once having been a dirty shit hole of country, and they love that there are other people they can look down on.

Korean men bang Japanese women LOL
I would love to bang Japanese women.

how do koreans feel about chinese men like me who use to hit the korean clubs and steal their wimmenz?

i might go there in oct, how is the dmz tour? worth it or touristy? How far is the bus ride from Seoul? thanks

no, thats where poor Koreans go for vacations. Koreans with money go to Tokyo, NYC, Paris.

also, @Pugilistic how do you feel that your Korea thread is getting dominated by @fightgirl's China thread?
If they're going for shopping, they go to NYC or Paris. If they're going someplace tropical, they go to the places mentioned, or Hawaii.

Poor Koreans go to Jeju.

I'm going to Korea in early August with my (Korean) wife and two daughters. I'd love to hear your suggestions of things to do and places to see. I've been to Jeju and Busan on our last visit and also a few of the Seoul attractions; one of the palaces, Seoul Tower and Insadong. What else would you recommend? All I have planned so far is a 2/3 day cycle on Tsushima and I also wanted to cycle from Incheon to Busan.

How are the prostitutes? Do they blood test you right there for safety of both?

Fellow Koreans are considered safe and free of STDs by sex industries. Foreigners are considered a risk and charged double.

Is the US Army still control Camp Casey?

I was stationed there in '04-'05 and there was always talk of it being turned over to the ROK Army within a few years.

That talk of moving everything north of the Han to Humphreys has been going on for decades.

OTOH, they're building out a lot of shit at Humphreys. New school, housing, buildings, etc.

They're never going to move 2ID south, btw. 2ID exists as a speed bump to get rolled over within the first hours of combat. Dead Americans equals American commitment to a war.

Depends on the girl but it seems harder find a Korean girl who will do anal. I had two white girlfriends and they both did anal while none of my Korean exes were into it.

When I lived in Japan the girls openly accepted my D into their buttholes. So what you're saying is Korean girls are prudes? @Pugilistic

Not sure if this has been asked, but do a lot of white males live in South Korea? I absolutely love Korean girls but have found them to be batshit crazy half the time.

Not sure if this has been asked, but do a lot of white males live in South Korea? I absolutely love Korean girls but have found them to be batshit crazy half the time.

Korean women are bat shit crazy. They will deftinley try and cut your dick off in you sleep if you make them mad.

Korean women are bat shit crazy. They will deftinley try and cut your dick off in you sleep if you make them mad.

Ya I was a one and done with Korean girls. Dated one for like 3 months then called it off after she was screaming in my face drunk about something stupid.

Why do their names in the subs sound so different from what they are actually saying?

i might go there in oct, how is the dmz tour? worth it or touristy? How far is the bus ride from Seoul? thanks
I personally think the DMZ tour is one of the things you should do if you come. Pretty unique experience I'd say. I don't remember but I think it's a 2 hour bus ride. The drive up their reminds you that this is a country still at war despite the relative luxury people in Seoul live in.

no, thats where poor Koreans go for vacations. Koreans with money go to Tokyo, NYC, Paris.

also, @Pugilistic how do you feel that your Korea thread is getting dominated by @fightgirl's China thread?

A tad jealous but normal. Why'd she have to start her thread right after mine :(

If they're going for shopping, they go to NYC or Paris. If they're going someplace tropical, they go to the places mentioned, or Hawaii.

Poor Koreans go to Jeju.
I'm poor and I never been to Jeju. Too poor to go to Jeju.

I'm going to Korea in early August with my (Korean) wife and two daughters. I'd love to hear your suggestions of things to do and places to see. I've been to Jeju and Busan on our last visit and also a few of the Seoul attractions; one of the palaces, Seoul Tower and Insadong. What else would you recommend? All I have planned so far is a 2/3 day cycle on Tsushima and I also wanted to cycle from Incheon to Busan.
As mentioned before the DMZ if you haven't done that is an interesting experience. Depends on what you're looking for. Honestly, the area around the palaces and Seoul Tower (now called N Tower) is all of the touristy stuff I know of in Seoul. The area around the palace itself is huge though so you could explore that again. City hall, the man-made stream, there's a mountain near the Blue House, etc. There's also the National museum (forgot the exact name in English) south of Itaewon by Ichon Station that's cool. The museum is huge, and free, and has a lot of historical artifacts like weapons and armor and paintings. If you're into that kind of stuff, there's also the War Memorial as well.

Cycling from Inchon to Busan sounds fun, and very difficult. I wanted to go from Seoul to Busan a couple years ago but never got around to it. The weather in August is going to be punishing though.

Ya I was a one and done with Korean girls. Dated one for like 3 months then called it off after she was screaming in my face drunk about something stupid.
Yes most of my friends are white guys actually. And yes, Korean women are fucking crazy. Koreans go from 0 to 100 over nothing and women are no different. Crazy jealous, crazy insecure, possessive, quick to anger. I think it's simply a reflection of the collective Korean psychology. My parents, teachers, trainer, and guy friends were the same. Women I dated were even worse.

Back