Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Margaery?

giphy.gif

How dare you.

I'm pretty sure he meant, from:D

If Sands isn't able to manipulate Robin she is useless. Needs to take a page fat Margery's book and start using her gash.

Sansa claims to have learned a lot from Cersei. She should remember what Cersei told her before the Battle of the Blackwater,

The most powerful weapon in the world is between your legs

"Littlefinger was born with no lands, no wealth, no armies. He has acquired the first two. How long before he has the army? Perhaps you'll laugh, but I know him better than most, and this is the truth. Littlefinger is one of the most dangerous men in Westeros."
―Varys

What really makes up the Stark army at the moment? I mean the guys in Stark uniforms, not their allies. Where do they come from

Logically, the young Stark army probably include new enlistees from the smallfolks (commoners) in the North whose families have suffered greatly during the terrible reign of House Bolton, plus those from the Riverlands who are still loyal to the North.

House Tully was officially stripped off all their lands and titles and sent into exile, and most of their vassal Houses begrudgingly re-swear fealty to the Crown as House Frey was put in charge of thr Riverlands. Winterfell is now a good place as any for all remaining loyal Stark bannermen to regroup, especially after House Frey went into extinction.

I just wish the bad-ass Black Fish would have headed North with Brienne instead of throwing his life away so needlessly on the show.

After seeing how many Knights Of the Vale there are from B.O.B, I don't see why LF hasn't taken over the North yet. He could do it easily!

Two reasons: Style and Strength.

Style: Warfare is not Baelish's modus operandi. He prefer to achieve his objectives through behind-the-scene schemings while making himself appears an empathetic hero in public. It's how he became Lord Protector of the Vale, and it's why he's constantly following Sansa Stark around. He knows very well that anyone who stand against House Stark now would become the enemy of the entire North.

Strength: The combined strength of House Manderly of White Harbor and House Glover of Deepwood Mote roughly equals the cavalry sent North by the Vale of Arryn. Jon may be a kind-hearted soul, but there's a real benefit to pardoning those oathbreakers who sat out on the bench.

Oh, and as always, we can't mention the Manderlys and honor without paying tribute to young Wylla:

"I know about the promise ... Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the Wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!" - Wylla Manderly.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Dothraki use bows yet. Just those retarded looking curved swords.

Fair point. In the lore videos it shows them as horse archers and those videos are supposed to be canon for the show, but I suppose if we haven't seen it maybe it's not the case. As cavalry fodder they could be countered by pikes and spears imo

If all questions get answers, all mysteries are solved, and everyone either gets killed off or has an end to their character arc, that's a satisfying ending.

Well, Dexter's wasn't satisfying.

So it's best to watch the rest of the show with zero expectations, rather be dissapointed by what you expected to happen, doesn't.

{<huh}

What the fuck does this have to do with a plot going nowhere? You're confusing satisfying with shit story telling.

If we never hear of Daario again, that's shit story telling. That has nothing to do with the ending satisfying the viewers which is supposed to be on an emotional level.

Littlefinger isn't half as dangerous as people make him out to be. He's played all of his cards, and all that's left is his undying thirst for Sansa.

He can control Robin for the time being, but Robin isn't there now. Arya, the Hound, and Bran (who somehow knows everything in the universe) are heading to Winterfell, and he won't know what to do. He's gonna get desperate, overplay himself, and then get his life cut short. Bronze Yohn already hates his guts, just give him an excuse to fuck Littlepeen over, and he'll take it.

doesn't matter, Dothraki has fought armies similar to armies in Westeros.

Like whom? It seems they always fight the can Lamb men of Lhazar. During the Century of Blood right after the fall of Valyria, the Dothraki did try to crush the Sarnor Kingdome in north Essos just east of Qohor forest. They finally succeeded after a while. But I dont know how game the Sarnor were. Did they ever attack Slaver's Bay, or Quarth? Also they did lose to the Unsullied at Qohor. The Unsullied were vastly outnumbered, but are heavily armoured.

Also there are other kingdoms in the Bone Mountains, and Jogos Nghai further east who are also nomadic. The Dothraki never dared to fight them.

{<huh}

What the fuck does this have to do with a plot going nowhere? You're confusing satisfying with shit story telling.

If we never hear of Daario again, that's shit story telling. That has nothing to do with the ending satisfying the viewers which is supposed to be on an emotional level.

Oh please, if that's your attitude then don't expect the final 11 episodes to fulfill your expectations.

Maybe if there was two full seasons left, but not with a mere 11 episodes.

Fair point. In the lore videos it shows them as horse archers and those videos are supposed to be canon for the show, but I suppose if we haven't seen it maybe it's not the case. As cavalry fodder they could be countered by pikes and spears imo

They talk about it in the show. Maester Luwin tells Bran that the Dothraki children learn to shoot bows on horseback from the age of 4 (or something like that).

End of this video:

Oh please, if that's your attitude then don't expect the final 11 episodes to fulfill your expectations.

Maybe if there was two full seasons left, but not with a mere 11 episodes.

What expectations?? That fucking Daario has a happy ending? LOL.. Him just fucking off makes zero sense. This has nothing to do with expectations.

What expectations?? That fucking Daario has a happy ending? LOL.. Him just fucking off makes zero sense. This has nothing to do with expectations.

He's not a focus of the plotline in Westeros.

The only thing I can imagine happening with him is Dani recieves a package from Slavers Bay, and its said to be from Dario. She opens it to see...

...Dario's severed and rotting head.

It would contribute to Dani's progression into madness.

You know whose character I kind of stopped paying attention to the past couple seasons but I'm realizing I still need to appreciate? Dany.

That scene with Varys was so good. I loved Dany in the early seasons but I just stopped really paying attention, IDK why, I guess bc my attitude about life changed so she wasn't appealing to me anymore... but that scene with Varys I just watched right now, when she looks at him at the end she's like, "this ninja thinks he's gonna run a game on me? Don't you? BITCH, I AM THE GAME!!"

Littlefinger isn't half as dangerous as people make him out to be. He's played all of his cards, and all that's left is his undying thirst for Sansa.

He can control Robin for the time being, but Robin isn't there now. Arya, the Hound, and Bran (who somehow knows everything in the universe) are heading to Winterfell, and he won't know what to do. He's gonna get desperate, overplay himself, and then get his life cut short. Bronze Yohn already hates his guts, just give him an excuse to fuck Littlepeen over, and he'll take it.

I think Sansa is going to marry him and kill him. Take Harrenhall and all the lands and titles he has. He is the legit lord of Harrenhall now so it might be worth it for her. Then marry Sweet Robin and make him fly through the moon door too.

That's how you use the weapon between your legs

He's not a focus of the plotline in Westeros.

The only thing I can imagine happening with him is Dani recieves a package from Slavers Bay, and its said to be from Dario. She opens it to see...

...Dario's severed and rotting head.

It would contribute to Dani's progression into madness.

If White Walkers start making a huge impact past the wall, then there's no reason at all for Daario and the 2nd Cans to stay all the way in Meereen and sun tan.

11 episodes left doesn't mean shit, it's not like the show got cancelled and they had to quickly wrap it up.

Dunno what's going on in here but would smash (in order)
Olenna
Cersei (if Jaime was involved)
Maari mrs (the crone who aborted the blonde one)
The blonde one
Hodor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back