Come back to the early 90's with me

Real World pretty much killed MTV, it was the beginning of them stopping playing videos, I remember by 1997 Real World and Road Rules was pretty much the ONLY thing they played, like all fucking day long marathons of the shit, then when they did play a video it was Puff Daddy or some shit. Early 90's MTV was fucking awesome, staying up late to watch that shit was great.

The earlier seasons of Real World were entertaining, but the concept got old. MTV certainly went crazy with all the TV shows over the years and completely lost its soul. That channel has nothing to offer me today, but I was addicted to it in the early 90's.

lpssrtt9zesnwah4kxpl.jpg

Digital Underground.

In concerts, they'd dance around stage humping blow up dolls.

Real World pretty much killed MTV, it was the beginning of them stopping playing videos, I remember by 1997 Real World and Road Rules was pretty much the ONLY thing they played, like all fucking day long marathons of the shit, then when they did play a video it was Puff Daddy or some shit. Early 90's MTV was fucking awesome, staying up late to watch that shit was great.
MTV 2 was pretty good.

And Music was so diversified during 89-98ish.

Yes, they got out of control with the reality shows. I thought it was more early 2000s when the videos died. I remember 1999-00 had a lot of videos still - MTV was all over Limp bizcuit, Kid Rock, Eminem.

The bad of the early 1990s, Gerardo "Rico Suave". Open at your own peril
suaveviva5f-3-web.jpg

[Spoiler/]

I do miss American Gladiators. Too bad the revival series with Carano didn't last.

Man, I used to watch the shit out of this with my grandmother back in the day!

Pretty sure it was in contention with Golden Girls for her favorite show.

Golden Girls was my fav show in the early 90's before I switched to Home Improvement

But I still love Murder She Wrote and Columbo

Digital Underground.

In concerts, they'd dance around stage humping blow up dolls.

I called into a radio station and won tickets to one of their shows, had actually never heard of them before that, station wouldnt give me the tickets because i was too young(14).

I have not gone through this whole thread, so don't know if someone ha posted this, But I'm confident they haven't.

so I am gonna add some pure Fucking 21ct Gold to this thread.

renegade

d565aee1806645e1c8eeb16a7217e309---motorcycle.jpg

and the Theme song of course

I fucking loved this show, kinda a sequel to A-team (by the legend Stephen J. Cannell)

CANNELL1-obit-popup.jpg

1990s were excellent. I don't know what the fuck happened 2000s onward.

You're damn right they were. The rise (and fall) of Nirvana, the rise to eventual soaring rock of Foo Fighters, the hilarious and sad Clinton shit, the First Persian Gulf War, Columbine, OKC, OJ, Rodney King, NWA, Tupac, Biggie, Titanic, Fight Club, Blink-182, American Pie, Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, I can go on and on. Crazy decade. A lot happened. I guess a lot happens in every decade, it's just that in some decades most of the shit that happened sucks..

The 1890s, which began on 1 January 1890 and ended on 31 December 1899, were sometimes referred to as the "Mauve Decade" – because William Henry Perkin's aniline dye allowed the widespread use of that colour in fashion – and also as the "Gay Nineties", referring to the fact that it was full of merriment and optimism.

Baritsu.jpg

Back