Conor McGregor vs Paulie Malignaggi Sparring Footage with Knockdown!

Lmfao

can't wait to hear the haters spin this one
Theres another angle that shows a push. And I don't give a fuck either way. I'm, not a McGoober and I most certainly am not a Boxing let alone a Paulie fan. But there's a push.

Clips don't show the full story, but Conor certainly had some good moments, from the looks of things.

Obviously, this won't matter, but I love how insecure boxing fans are rushing to defend Paulie, after all the years of them saying Conor was amateur, at best.

I've watched Paulie during his prime, I remember his fight vs Miguel Cotto. He was a great slick fighter with no power at all, who always used to be able to take quite a shot. That's what held him vs Cotto. His skills have diminished of course he's no longer an active fighter, but still. That footage was nothing fake. Conor has true skills and knows how to use his reach and unorthodox straight hand.
The knockdown isn't clear but legit. The straight hit him on the temple area as he was unbalanced and he ended up floored. it's boxing, falling to a punch partially due to bad foot position is still a knockdown.
Clearly Mc Gregor isn't going to defeat Floyd but that shows us it's not like it's going to be an amateur vs a veteran pro either and we might get some interesting moments.

Dunno why but I was expecting more from Connor at this point. Dudes literally got one punch holy shit. Whats up with the flaily arm punches and rabbit punches?

Wish he woulda brought in a boxing coach. Would just make his MMA game that much better.

How delusion works ladies and gentlemen

You legit think he got whipped boxing with a non boxer

I didnt think anyone actually thought Connor had a chance for a competitive fight against Floyd, but his fan base is by far the most delusional, half of them dont even get the guy is promoting and believe every word he says
So you think Conor thinks hes going to lose?

Talk about delusional. <{hughesimpress}>

I've watched Paulie during his prime, I remember his fight vs Miguel Cotto. He was a great slick fighter with no power at all, who always used to be able to take quite a shot. That's what held him vs Cotto. His skills have diminished of course he's no longer an active fighter, but still. That footage was nothing fake. Conor has true skills and knows how to use his reach and unorthodox straight hand.
The knockdown isn't clear but legit. The straight hit him on the temple area as he was unbalanced and he ended up floored. it's boxing, falling to a punch partially due to bad foot position is still a knockdown.
Clearly Mc Gregor isn't going to defeat Floyd but that shows us it's not like it's going to be an amateur vs a veteran pro either and we might get some interesting moments.

I agree with a lot of this. But other than his undeniably good straight left I literally had flash backs of my junior golden gloves days seeing all those arm punches. It really reminded me of being a young amateur and being so excited to get punches in that fundamentals got thrown away and wild flailing ensues.

I was expecting a better display of hand skills from Connor at this point, the things he's good at he's a beast. But this guy really needs someone qualified to show him what he's doing wrong. You can't rely on one punch exclusively. In MMA he has more of an arsenal with kicks elbows and his vast reach advantage and generally better striking. but in pure boxing dude looks pretty green other than his outstanding left hand. I was hoping to see a little more dedication to improvement considering the massive disadvantage he's at vs Floyd.

Also remember one thing. The straight left is the one punch Mayweather has often been caught with. If you wish to know more, watch Maweather vs Judah

The left is too damn accurate. I'd still compare just that punch to Hearns' straight right from orthodox. No wind-up, straight down the pipe.

Paulie was on skates from the left. The last shot uppercut didn't have much behind it, he was already hurt. But god damn that 2nd vid makes Paulie look outclassed and undersized.

Not saying he'll beat Floyd, that's a whole different ball game, but this is good footage nonetheless against a guy Conor should have no business doing that to.

Last edited:
im really on the edge on about this knockdown. Strangely all the angles fail to show the punch connecting, in one the rope blocks the vision. Then Paulie seems to be moving in the direction of the fall, but at the same time we also see conor guiding Paulie's head with his left hand to the floor. I have no fucking idea to be honest.

Haha all the salty Conor haters in this thread. I LOVE IT . Paulie LIED. there was no push nor frustration on Conor's end.

Saw it on Dana's instagram.
Man, I was amused and surprised. I really believed Conor pushed him after eating some shots.

Was not a knock down, but Paulie certainly wasn't pushed down, either.
It was more of a case of Paulie losing his footing, not even a trip.

I don't think Paulie lied, he perceived it how he perceived it.

If it happens that way in the fight, Floyd will be embarrassed, but it really wasn't anything at all worth discussing.
What are you doing here? That was much too sane, nuanced, and thoughtful to be in Sherdog.

Theres another angle that shows a push. And I don't give a fuck either way. I'm, not a McGoober and I most certainly am not a Boxing let alone a Paulie fan. But there's a push.

Nothing that would make an athlete fall down, it was a knockdown. I don't care either but it is what it is.

Nothing that would make an athlete fall down, it was a knockdown. I don't care either but it is what it is.
He did actually crack him good. He was well off balance so the push came easy.

Conor haters have been laughing at us fans, but reality is catching up with them. They are mental midgets: they just don't understand. The game is too complex for them, they can't process reality so they create and alternate reality that soothes their agenda. "It was a slip, Paulie's feet were crossed, Paulie was off balance, Conor pushed his head down": all mechanisms to cope with their delusion.

It's a shame that they don't listen to reason and don't even believe what they see: they just cover their eyes and ears and go "la-la-la-la" like children. Come August 27, we will laugh them off their feet and they'll be out cold, just like Floyd.

Say what you will but conor has power, good reflexes and timing. He has a chance.

Back