Josh Thomson did in 8 minutes what Conor couldn't do in 30.

People are not copy pastes of themselves. There are lots of variables in play that do not allow for the practicality of this mma math garbage talk. Try to enjoy the contests and the competition. This constant excitability about precognizant authentication is absolutely absurd. No one knows who's gonna win the fight unless a fix is in. And then only the people in on that know. Hope for a fight, since you're here cause u like fights and all. Josh Thompson is not a better fighter than Connor McGregor, and nobody thinks so. Good day.

Wasn't Nate sick before the fight? This resulting in him missing weight?

Yeah. All those KO's never really happened lol

Yeah but he's not more special than many other UFCers who have KOs and more of them on their list

Conor is the poor man's Shane Carwin for example but Shane Carwin wasn't a camera whore and never got the attention

Does anyone else immediately consider someone's argument invalid in a thread like this when their reply includes "fook"?

That drives me nuts.

Yeah but he's not more special than many other UFCers who have KOs and more of them on their list

Conor is the poor man's Shane Carwin for example but Shane Carwin wasn't a camera whore and never got the attention

You're obviously unable to see why he's special. I guess you're blind or something.

You're obviously unable to see why he's special. I guess you're blind or something.

He's special because UFC picked him to invest 99% of their marketing into when they ran out of stars

GSP, Jon Jones, Fedor, Silva etc etc had to build themselves before you knew who they were, they earned their goat status

With conor it's like, "HERE'S FUCKING CONOR" - what did he achieve in comparison to the rest? Well fucking stay tuned but HERE'S FUCKING CONOR

It's been talked about on Serra's podcast.
Apparently paraphrased from Mark Henry (coach of Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez)
2:25

Then what does guys like Rumble have? Never in a lifetime power?

At this point it's beyond a moot point. As far as why Thomson wasn't able to replicate his success after that, I don't see it as being any more substantial than years worth of grueling, grinding fights taking the same toll they do on everyone else. He's 38 with over 15 years worth of pro battles, some of them quite vicious, and it seems awfully hard for many of us to get conceptually that not every single professional cage fighter can be Couture or Hendo. Against Nate Diaz he had his last flash of MMA brilliance, which was followed by two massively draining 5 round fights and having to deal with official losses when either one of them could readily have been scored for him. It drained his physical, mental and emotional tank enough so he couldn't fight at the highest levels anymore and now, as he gets more worn out, naturally struggles with Bellator guys. If the clock could be turned on his fight years and he could be given a new chance to evolve his MMA game further, a McGregor Thomson fight, would be the find of fight MMA lovers would be lining up outside doors around sports centers to come see.

He's special because UFC picked him to invest 99% of their marketing into when they ran out of stars

GSP, Jon Jones, Fedor, Silva etc etc had to build themselves before you knew who they were, they earned their goat status

With conor it's like, "HERE'S FUCKING CONOR" - what did he achieve in comparison to the rest? Well fucking stay tuned but HERE'S FUCKING CONOR

So u think the ufc picked him randomly to promote? Or did they pick him because they saw his potential and how many people were already following him? And why were so many people following him?

Because most people can see what you're unable to for some reason. The confidence, the movement, the emotional control, the business mindset, the dedication, the uniqueness.

But anyway you're in a negative mindset I can tell, which means you're emotional, and emotions disable clear thinking. So maybe that's your problem. Or you simply haven't analyzed the situation properly.

So u think the ufc picked him randomly to promote? Or did they pick him because they saw his potential and how many people were already following him? And why were so many people following him?

Because most people can see what you're unable to for some reason. The confidence, the movement, the emotional control, the business mindset, the dedication, the uniqueness.

But anyway you're in a negative mindset I can tell, which means you're emotional, and emotions disable clear thinking. So maybe that's your problem. Or you simply haven't analyzed the situation properly.

I'm pretty sure they went on Sherdog when they picked conor to over-promote, while shitting ont he rest of the fighters. Sherdog who also went all in on people like Sage Northcutt and Lando for example.

Anyway, it's weird that you became a psychologist all of a sudden. Seems like you can't handle my opinion, which is my right to have.

There's no denying that Conor got hyped way too early when again, he didn't come close to yet acheiving what all the greats did.

Carwin never won a belt and lost to a professional wrestler. GTFOH

tenor.gif

Ts is right.

Carwin never won a belt and lost to a professional wrestler. GTFOH

Carwin only lost because Lesnar has some kind of enhanced viking skull that you can't fucking smash into and Carwin Gassed

The ref fucked him up too by telling him he was about to stop it

Carwin was winning until he got tuckered out and before that Lesnar had no answer to him

This is straight up crazy talk. Conor's about to fight Floyd fucking Mayweather in a by all accounts impossible to win boxing match and he's making an enormously unprecedented sum for an mma fighter. He's changed the pay scale of the sport and knocked out 2 world champions in different weight classes. This Lunatic bullshit is ridiculous.

Josh Thomson, a fighter that has never been known for his power, was able to not only stop Diaz, but get his corner to throw in the towel in under 3 rounds with strikes. Conor couldn't do this with 2 chances and over a half hour's worth of fighting. Yet we're led to believe Conor has "once in a lifetime" power. I don't get it. Conor has a strong left hand but nothing we haven't seen many times before. He's a great marketer but he's going to fall hard. And very soon...

Who are you quoting with the 'once in a lifetime power'?

Yourself?

Back