NSAC Approves 8oz Gloves Request

From what I understand Mayweda didn't want horse hair or Mexican gloves and he wanted to fight at 154 for the 10oz gloves. He didn't change is mind until Conor called him a pussy for caring about the gloves.

Mayweather only wanted 8oz gloves. He's still not allowing Mexican made gloves or gloves made of horse hair.

Unpopular opinion but I think it favors Floyd. It does increase Conor's chance to get a KO, but it also increases Floyd's chances to get a stoppage from accumulated damage (which is a more real chance than Conor's imo) plus if it goes to a gritty decision then it's a moral victory for Conor win or lose.

It's more fun though so fuck it.

And Mayweather fights best in 8oz gloves tbf, would have preferred 4oz or 10oz to 8oz.

Unpopular opinion but I think it favors Floyd. It does increase Conor's chance to get a KO, but it also increases Floyd's chances to get a stoppage from accumulated damage (which is a more real chance than Conor's imo) and if it goes to a gritty decision then it's a moral victory for Conor win or lose.

It's more fun though so fuck it.

McGregor has no shot at winning by any other means. This definitely favors McGregor.

It doesn't seem like Floyd cares either way. From what i'm getting from the situation is that Team McGregor probably made a big stink about the weight, so as an F-U Team Floyd said ok to the weight....but that weight comes with 10oz gloves. Something Conor's team didn't even consider before asking for it.

Better for Floyd. Conor doesn't have to pound his head for several rounds to KO him now. He can retire without permanent brain damage.

FYI: more than 45 out of Floyd's 49 fights were with 8oz gloves

MarqiseLeeOooohhhh.gif

McGregor has no shot at winning by any other means. This definitely favors McGregor.
How can it favor the guy thats most likely NOT going to land a clean punch? And not favor the guy that is going be landing clean shots over and over again?

Damn, I was hoping it would take Conor at least a couple roundz to KO Floyd so that we could enjoy the fight for a little bit. Conor gonna Knock him out so quick in 8 oz glovez, it will make the Aldo fight look like a marathon. :eek:

Conor talked shit, got in his head
Made Floyd do it for him

giphy.gif
Yeah, because Floyd has such a history of making decisions off of emotion.

Floyd played them from the start on all of this. He gave them 154lbs (and probably didn't give a shit) and most likely leveraged it into more money. Then probably bent them over and educated them that the NSAC rules are 10oz gloves at that weight.

Conor trolled Floyd into doing it.
It was a good business move by Floyd and his team. Get the casuals more hyped up with some glove bs and they'll get more PPV buys. The gloves don't matter.

It doesn't seem like Floyd cares either way. From what i'm getting from the situation is that Team McGregor probably made a big stink about the weight, so as an F-U Team Floyd said ok to the weight....but that weight comes with 10oz gloves. Something Conor's team didn't even consider before asking for it.

Yea if it was at 147, we would have heard that McGregor is drained

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back