NSAC Approves 8oz Gloves Request

Floyd usually fights in 8oz gloves, so this will likely help him more than conor.

Against tiny men.

You're so delusional Those tiny man are faster and more accurate than Conor. Speed kills. If smaller guys with incredible speed have an hard time landing on Floyd, just imagine a bigger guy. Floyd has fought guys smaller than Canelo that gave him a much harder fight. You know why? Speed.

//
False. Conor always pushes the pace, he is the aggressor. Every fight he pushes forward. Even Nate backtracked in the first few rounds.
Yeah, Manny Pac does that also. Against world class boxers. How'd his fight with Floyd go?

//
Yeah, Manny Pac does that also. Against world class boxers. How'd his fight with Floyd go?

Manny was past he's prime. And Floyd has fought lot of tough guys who are short and stocky and have small arms. While we have no evidence he got the skill to beat Floyd, his definitely has the longer reach, movement and bulk and fighting IQ to win?

So how many ppv buys does this add?
This is the real reason why, another piece of info to keep the fight in the headlines leading into the fight.

Conor by KO using straight left glitch punch. Not even DLC floyd can handle it.

Manny was past he's prime. And Floyd has fought lot of tough guys who are short and stocky and have small arms. While we have no evidence he got the skill to beat Floyd, his definitely has the longer reach, movement and bulk and fighting IQ to win?
So are you saying here that Conor McGregor is a better boxer than Manny Pacquiao was when Pac fought Floyd? I just want to understand what I'm dealing with here.

Because Pac was only 6 months removed from doing this to Chris Algieri at that time.
Manny%2BPacquiao%2BDrops%2BChris%2BAlgieri.gif

Could be worse for Conor, could be better. If Floyd can hit him a lot and Conor has trouble doing the same, then Conor would be best served by 16oz gloves and headgear. If Conor can hit Floyd with big shots, then the smaller the gloves, the better.

Small gloves just decrease the chance of Conor making it to decision while looking decent if he's getting outboxed.

Damn what is going on with Floyd. Usually he gives his opponents nothing . This fight he agrees to conors optimum weight and Requests smaller gloves alongside conor.

Either hes extremely confident or he recognises conor is a pretty big deal , maybe not the a side but the a minus or the b plus lol.

Either that or he really means what he said about going after conor .
He wants to put conor away.

Last edited:
There isn't any significant difference in how much power you can generate with 8oz vs 10oz. It's a myth. What this will favor is Floyd's hand speed, because the gloves are lighter.
You cant say that Floyds hands will be faster in 8oz gloves without acknowledging Conors hands will also be slightly faster. Since its widely accepted that Conor needs to land "one big punch" to win this fight...I cant see how anyone can think this doesnt favour him. Floyd can out box Conor all day long in 8oz or 10oz...it doesnt make a difference. But now Conors hands will be a little faster and his knuckles will have a little less padding and Floyd will have a little less glove for defence. All helping Conor land that "one big punch" he needs. This decision favours Conor all day.

When has Conor ever fought in a brawling type style? I understand that you have to create something to believe in, but don't try to sell me that shit sandwhich. He's counter puncher. He doesn't have the stamina, skill or experience to fight in a brawling type style.

Who said he would brawl? That would literally be the worst game plan in the history of combat sports.

Conor will paint many different pictures.

Who said he would brawl? That would literally be the worst game plan in the history of combat sports.

Conor will paint many different pictures.
He's not going to box him. He's not going to brawl him. Is he going to lure him into a game of touch butt?

So are you saying here that Conor McGregor is a better boxer than Manny Pacquiao was when Pac fought Floyd? I just want to understand what I'm dealing with here.

Because Pac was only 6 months removed from doing this to Chris Algieri at that time.
Manny%2BPacquiao%2BDrops%2BChris%2BAlgieri.gif

I said he was past his prime and he was injured. Boxers have padded records. Was this Chris, boxer any good Had he the ability to beat a elite fighter?

Nobody has a clue how good a boxer Conor is, but we know he outboxed Paulie Malignaggi, retired or not, the guy had 40 boxing fights and, it looks like he could not win a round against Conor. Floyd is a different animal, but who knows?

I said he was past his prime and he was injured. Boxers have padded records. Was this Chris, boxer any good Had he the ability to beat a elite fighter?

Nobody has a clue how good a boxer Conor is, but we know he outboxed Paulie Malignaggi retired or not the guy had 40 boxing fights and it looks like he could not win a round against Conor. Floyd is a different animal, but who knows?
You KNOW he outboxed Malignaggi? We saw 10 seconds of the footage. And Malignaggi is a midget with no power.

And yes, Algieri was very good. He was an undefeated, multi-weight, world champ in Kickboxing and then went on to win a world title in boxing.

Padded records? You're right, all those top boxers didnt have to fight guys like Marcus Brimage and Denis Siver to get to the top.

You KNOW he outboxed Malignaggi? We saw 10 seconds of the footage. And Malignaggi is a midget with no power.

And yes, Algieri was very good. He was an undefeated, multi-weight, world champ in Kickboxing and then went on to win a world title in boxing.

I know as Paulie hasn't got he's story straight about what happened yet after two weeks. The sparring tapes are going to be released do you think they'll lie and be caught out? Paulie originally said Conor and him were engaged in a clitch and Conor pushed him off and he fell to the ground. He said Conor did this because he was kicking he's ass and Conor was tired and frustrated? Really? When the Dana video released he stopped talked about the clitch and he started saying Conor held he's head and pushed him down? The guy is a bullshitter.

Back