Can we stop acting like Conor isn't a boxer

"He boxed before he went to MMA" Who cares? So did most people. literally anybody can be an amateur boxer, he had no success at it.

exactly, literally anyone can be a boxer. not everyone can actually box.

anyone that knows boxing can look at conor and see that he knows how to box.

exactly, literally anyone can be a boxer. not everyone can actually box.

anyone that knows boxing can look at conor and see that he knows how to box.

I guess throwing punches is boxing. Ignore that he sets up most of his punches with kicks, because he's a shitbird karate fighter, but we'll ignore that, THA BIK LAFT HEND

At one point, Joe Riggs had shown great boxing technique and he had a very traditional boxing stance.

Sadly he was a bit of a head case and wasn't able to put it together.

Conor is the pure opposite. Fundamentally he is flawed but has incredible mind that overcomes his shit habits.

That's all Conor is, all Conor does is box in mma,that's his bread and butter. He's got hands, he can box but that doesn't mean he's an elite boxer. MMA fighters train boxing for years just like boxers it's just they don't focus on only boxing. Then we see Conor outboxing and destroying guys with his boxing, he's probably the best boxer we've ever seen in mma along with the Diaz bros and Junior.

Conor has pro hands and technique, there are levels in pro boxing, he's at best average.

So this Conor is 0-0 is bullshit, he's never fought professionally but he has pro skills and has trained boxing his whole career. I'm sure he's even gotten better hands on focusing on boxing for this fight.

Mayweather isn't boxing Jake Shields, Floyd should win but Conor could catch him.
you are right. Polarizing figures tend to have people making ridiculous claims, both good and bad, about them. He is a boxer. He is better than any 0-0 guy, and would work his way up through the lower tiers if that had been his career.
He has visible holes, but maybe some magic chin and power will cause the upset. I dont think so, I think he is just decent, but he is at LEAST a mediocre boxer.

I guess throwing punches is boxing. Ignore that he sets up most of his punches with kicks, because he's a shitbird karate fighter, but we'll ignore that, THA BIK LAFT HEND

wrong

slip/counter
tumblr_nqwxkyP74I1sqqsuco1_400.gif

left hand set up by jabs (not a kick)
Conor%2BMcGregor%2BKnockdowns%2BDennis%2BSiver%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B59%2BBoston.gif

use of a lead uppercut to set up the combo
giphy.gif

hopefully you learned something today

He has good enough boxing for MMA, in fact, there isn't anyone welterweight and below who could hang with him in just boxing.

0-0

No real amateur background
Awful clips of him trying to box

"He boxed before he went to MMA" Who cares? So did most people. literally anybody can be an amateur boxer, he had no success at it.

The Paulie thing is a conjob designed to have you believing he has a chance. The entire point of releasing tiny bits of footage and making a big stink about it is to make you think about it a lot then give you a nibble and have you wanting more, so you fill in the blanks left by them deliberately. Don't let them force feed you.
THIS X100

His mailman combo is a joy to beyond. It is almost sparkling.

Randy is quoted as saying that he boxed in the Army, it's even on wiki.

No, he stated in an interview that he didn't. He was on guard duty for a boxing match, later when he started fighting they needed to build him up so they said he boxed in the army.

brenden shaub fought golden gloves. so did chael sonnen

No, he stated in an interview that he didn't. He was on guard duty for a boxing match, later when he started fighting they needed to build him up so they said he boxed in the army.
Ah yes, the Gary Goodridge is a 5th degree master of Kuk Sool Won effect! I actually took Kook Sool Won in the 90's because of Gary lol!!!

wrong

slip/counter
tumblr_nqwxkyP74I1sqqsuco1_400.gif

left hand set up by jabs (not a kick)
Conor%2BMcGregor%2BKnockdowns%2BDennis%2BSiver%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B59%2BBoston.gif

use of a lead uppercut to set up the combo
giphy.gif

hopefully you learned something today

did you, uh, not see ANY of those fights? ALL HE DOES those entire fights is throw kicks and knees that condition responses. I know that gifs look nice and pretty, but i've actually seen his fights, as a boxer, he's inept because he's not a boxer. He's a good puncher, he chains them together well, but he's not all that great at LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FACET OF BOXING.

Back