6 out of 10 Trump people who approve of Trump say they won't stop-- no matter what

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
6 in 10 people who approve of Trump say they'll never, ever, ever stop approving
Ryan Struyk said:
Washington (CNN)Most people who are on the Trump train say they are definitely, absolutely never getting off -- no matter what.

Six in 10 people who approve of President Donald Trump (61%) say they can't think of anything Trump could do that would make them disapprove of his job as President, according to a Monmouth University poll released this week.

Almost an identical number (57%) who disapprove of Trump say they are never going to change their minds on the President's job performance either. This means a majority of Americans (53%) admit they have their opinion of Trump completely, totally and irreversibly baked in.

Interviews for this poll were conducted both before and after protests turned violent in Charlottesville over the weekend, but before Trump's press conference Tuesday doubling down on his comments blaming "both sides" for the clash.

Trump has mostly maintained high approval numbers among Republicans during his presidency so far, though they have slipped slightly since Inauguration Day. The President repeatedly touted his hardcore following on the campaign trail, boasting that his supporters would stick with him no matter what.
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally in Iowa last January.

Majorities of both parties -- 53% of both Republicans and Democrats -- say they can't imagine anything that would change their approval or disapproval of Trump, respectively. A majority of blacks (55%) also say nothing could change their disapproval of Trump.

So who are the most hardcore groups of Trump backers? Women who approve of Trump are most likely to say they will never change their minds: 72% of female Trump approvers say they will never strip their support, vs. only 54% of male Trump approvers.

Also, 68% of approvers over 55 years old say they won't stop supporting Trump, along with 67% of approvers who have a high school degree or less and 67% of approvers who make under $50,000 per year.
Recently, Trump has come under fresh scrutiny from both sides of the aisle after failing to immediately condemn white nationalists by name in the aftermath of the Charlottesville, Virginia, protests. He also said there were "very fine" people marching in those protests who, he argued, have legitimate concerns about the removal of statues commemorating the Confederacy.

Trump tweeted again Thursday morning, lamenting "the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments," adding that "you can't change history, but you can learn from it."

A new poll this week from NPR/PBS/Marist shows the public largely agrees with Trump: Six in 10 Americans (62%) say Confederate statues should remain as historical symbols, and only a quarter (27%) say they should be removed because they are offensive to some people.

The Monmouth University poll was conducted from August 10-14, 2017. The sample size includes 805 adults for a margin of error of ±3.5 percentage points for full sample. The NPR/PBS/Marist survey was conducted from August 14-15, 2017. The sample size was 1,125 adults for a margin of error of ±2.9 percentage points for the full sample. In both surveys, the margin of error is larger for subgroups.
Ironic that 59% of Republicans said they thought his initial response to the attack was adequate and appropriate.

The highlighted above is because I find it intriguing that this group are among those who howl the loudest that blacks vote ~90% Democrat, an indication that they can't think for themselves, they say, and why blacks help to drive the Democrats with pure race politics, and yet only 55% of blacks said they would never reverse their disapproval of the man: 61% vs. 55%.

man-of-la-mancha.png

Only 6 out of 10?

This board beats those stats!

The poll also mentioned that people who disapproved of Trump were just as entrenched. It's kind of a weird question to ask people tho.

Id say its because of the left.

The whole russian thing and the constant witch hunt. Just looks so sketchy. The level of opposition is unprecedented.
Ive never seen the entire hollywood community and certain media outlets go all out since day 1. Even republicans wont be professional.

People may constantly approve of Trump, but directly on the otherside, no matter what Trump does positive, he will never be praised for by the left.

Economy and stockmarkets have been very good so far.
But to even judge this early is strange in itself.
Trump and how to destroy him are on the democrats mind day and night.
They Will work to destroy Trump the next 4 years, rather then for the protection and well being of the citizens

Makes sense. Trump has fought for the country and has been pushing hard for the agenda he ran on.

Id say its because of the left.

The whole russian thing and the constant witch hunt. Just looks so sketchy. The level of opposition is unprecedented.
Ive never seen the entire hollywood community and certain media outlets go all out since day 1. Even republicans wont be professional.

People may constantly approve of Trump, but directly on the otherside, no matter what Trump does positive, he will never be praised for by the left.

Economy and stockmarkets have been very good so far.
But to even judge this early is strange in itself.
Trump and how to destroy him are on the democrats mind day and night.
They Will work to destroy Trump the next 4 years, rather then for the protection and well being of the citizens

By pure volume I agree that the opposition is high.

My question for hardcore supporters is "At want point during Obama's 8 years did Trump stop being the spokesman for the birther movement that denied Obama's right to be POTUS?"

Because even if you think Russian stuff is bogus it is certainly no more so than the Birther stuff that Trump personally backed and financed for 7 1/2 years. So I guess, to be fair it would be cool to drop the Russia stuff after 7 1/2 years.

In that case the birther lies had nothing to do with " the protection and well being of the citizens."

CNN?!!!!! Blagrjograhhhhhhhhr3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

<{Joewithit}>

<codychoke><codychoke><codychoke><codychoke>
<31>

By pure volume I agree that the opposition is high.

My question for hardcore supporters is "At want point during Obama's 8 years did Trump stop being the spokesman for the birther movement that denied Obama's right to be POTUS?"

Because even if you think Russian stuff is bogus it is certainly no more so than the Birther stuff that Trump personally backed and financed for 7 1/2 years. So I guess, to be fair it would be cool to drop the Russia stuff after 7 1/2 years.

In that case the birther lies had nothing to do with " the protection and well being of the citizens."

I still dont know a physical way Russia could be involved? Hacking machines?
Trump lost popular vote. But even thats not how the president is elected.
If there is proof Russia got to the elected officials then ok.

As for obamas birther movement. America was just getting over being attacked by osama and now obama is becoming president. Middle name hussein. And people are shocked Americans want to know where the f this guy came from.
Hawaii claims hes legit
Hawaii blocks trumps travel ban
They got a lot of power over there

Do liberals realize it's a binary choice?

It's either the party that supported AQ and Isis, or Trump.

Realistically there is nothing he will do that makes him as bad as Obama or Bush. He's better than Republicans and Democrats. So yea, these little non stories that come out don't bother me and I'd vote for him again pretty much no matter what. At worst I just wouldn't vote. If he approves QE 4, I won't vote for him.

Yeah, cause it's a stupid question. The people responding aren't even responding about Trump, they're responding about media. Obviously there are things he could do that would lose support, but it's not going to be a stupid tweet or saying he denounces all racism rather than only denouncing white racism and supporting antifa, or having 2 scoops of ice cream or any of the other stupid shit CNN covers. Saying they won't change their mind was probably the "fuck off" answer to a stupid question.

I will say though, there is very little that would make them take the side of the media or wish they had voted for Hillary.

I still dont know a physical way Russia could be involved? Hacking machines?
Trump lost popular vote. But even thats not how the president is elected.
If there is proof Russia got to the elected officials then ok.

As for obamas birther movement. America was just getting over being attacked by osama and now obama is becoming president. Middle name hussein. And people are shocked Americans want to know where the f this guy came from.
Hawaii claims hes legit
Hawaii blocks trumps travel ban
They got a lot of power over there

The government of Hawaii said that he was born in Hawaii. Why would you believe that State government of Hawaii less than than the State Government of New York where Trump was born?

Hawaii did not block the travel ban. A Federal judge approved by the Senate blocked the travel ban in Federal court. Hawaii didn't want the ban but they have no power actually to block it.

I'm not saying the Russian thing is legit. I am saying that if a car thief gets their car stolen I am far less sympathetic than I might be otherwise. Trump pushed a conspiracy hard for several years and now he is on the other side and doesn't like it.

I'll never stop hating him so it seems legit
If I could conduct a Sam Harris thought experiment with you;

If trump proposed universal healthcare, non-interventionist foreign policy, green jobs, giving power back to labor unions and improving infrastructure would you still not support him?

I hate Trump too but, if he championed causes I cared for, I would support his agenda. The reason I bring this up is because Trump's popularity is not because of his ideas, (he doesn't have any) or his platform (it's always changing). People just seem to enjoy Trump. If Trump championed better positions he would drag some of his troglodytes out of the stone age and into the modern day. Pointless thought experiment but, if he realizes his party is about to stab him in the back, he could always start to push through a decent agenda.

If trump proposed universal healthcare, non-interventionist foreign policy, green jobs, giving power back to labor unions and improving infrastructure would you still not support him?

I hate Trump too but, if he championed causes I cared for, I would support his agenda. The reason I bring this up is because Trump's popularity is not because of his ideas, (he doesn't have any) or his platform (it's always changing). People just seem to enjoy Trump. If Trump championed better positions he would drag some of his troglodytes out of the stone age and into the modern day. Pointless thought experiment but, if he realizes his party is about to stab him in the back, he could always start to push through a decent agenda.
LOL
I was actually just thinking about my statement.
It certainly isn't completely true, in the sense that if he does indeed pull his shit together and stops saying retarded shit, it'd be a huge reset. He COULD turn it around.
I just put the chances of him changing his ways and doing a 180 at *so low they basically don't exist*.

But my statement was a heartfelt certainty. Any man can change, and I should acknowledge that.

This isn't true at all. Leftists don't like Trumps ideas so they say they don't exist. Is better relations with Russia meaningless? Is the TPP meaningless? Is cutting red tape regulation meaningless? I mean the left sure has a shit fit over it so it's obviously not nothing. I have far more faith that Trump is actually open to solving the North Korea problem than any other war mongering piece if shit. Same goes or Russia. Also thought experiments are just smug ways of saying "Thinking." The fact that Einstein is always highly regarded for using thought experiments troubles me. What are other scientists doing? Non thought experiments? They don't think or use imagination? Apparently that's the case.

Not surprising. Most people support their candidate/party like a rabid football fan supporting his team.

therein lies the biggest root of the current fuckery with politics in this country.

Back