Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

Somewhere in Connor's head I think he didn't believe he could win by beating Floyd. The win he was going for the entire time was at the bank. It was easy to know he would gas and then it would be a runaway.

-Get in,Get Rich,Get out

I believe is the man's motto!

I'm sorry, but I have to point something out. I think there's an angle your not looking the fight at. Floyd Mayweather made Conor tire by letting Conor punch him for almost 6 rounds. Conor, who is touted by many MMA fans to possess incredible striking prowess, a devastating left hand and great timing was not able to hurt or even threaten Floyd for those said rounds. It's also worth mentioning that Mcgregor was significantly the heavier man.

Floyd executed his gameplan beautifully. Let Conor punch himself out and then go on the offensive.

It is also worth mentioning that Floyd himself said that was the gameplan and that he expected to get the finish in 6 or 7. He said himself that he was surprised it went 10 rounds.

Explain why you mentioned the other boxers?
Quite simple really

Their opinions are tad more credible then mine or yours when it comes to analysing a boxing fight.

The only boxers that said negative stuff about Conor were Malignaggi (who is salty as fuck) and De La Hoya who is obviously trying to pump up his GGG Vs Canelo fight (which i agree is a sick fight)

I have not see any other credible boxing analysts, ex-fighers or current fighter say anything praise and surprise for Conor.

It is also worth mentioning that Floyd himself said that was the gameplan and that he expected to get the finish in 6 or 7. He said himself that he was surprised it went 10 rounds.

We hear wrong predictions all the time. Just because Floyd expected the fight to last 7 rounds, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to last 7 rounds exactly.

Conor is an embarrassment as a fighter dont even see how he has fans. How can you gas in every fight that goes past 1.5 rounds? He aint dada5000 hes a fucking LW and should be able to do at least 30 min full speed. Anyway good analysis OP. Oh and Floyd is 40 and was breathing out of his nose when he finsihed Conman. Thats a fighter.

Quite simple really

Their opinions are tad more credible then mine or yours when it comes to analysing a boxing fight.

The only boxers that said negative stuff about Conor were Malignaggi (who is salty as fuck) and De La Hoya who is obviously trying to pump up his GGG Vs Canelo fight (which i agree is a sick fight)

I have not see any other credible boxing analysts, ex-fighers or current fighter say anything praise and surprise for Conor.
Ahhhhhh i see.

Well i suppose if thats what your thought process is than good on you.

I won't try to change your mind. I said my piece on the op

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
giphy.gif

I tried telling the conor fanbois similar, no moral victory here. But it's hard to argue with delusional nut huggers.

We hear wrong predictions all the time. Just because Floyd expected the fight to last 7 rounds, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to last 7 rounds exactly.

sure. but when Floyd says himself that conor did better than expected, Ill take his word over sherdoggers.

It took the self proclaimed best ever 10 rounds to put away an amateur.

Boxing purists were trying to say crazy shit like Conor wouldn't land a single punch.

Yes, Conor got schooled like virtually everyone assumed he would, but I think he did better than most thought he would.

Don't be triggered bro.

A man with 0 boxing matches went 10 rounds with Floyd Mayweather JR.

Boxing showed a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in its armor, whether purist admit it or not.

Im not saying this is Sapp vs Hoost level exposure, but boxing has lost some of its aura.
Keep taking the blue pill...live in dreamland with unicorns and Conor as your messiah. Leave us out of it.

Keep taking the blue pill...live in dreamland with unicorns and Conor as your messiah. Leave us out of it.

I guess you're telling Ward, Foreman, and plenty other actual boxers they live in a dreamland as well

sure. but when Floyd says himself that conor did better than expected, Ill take his word over sherdoggers.

That's probably the wise thing to do. I just don't see how it's embarrassing for Floyd like you've mentioned.

That's probably the wise thing to do. I just don't see how it's embarrassing for Floyd like you've mentioned.

because conor was an 0 and 0 mixed martial arts fighter.

could you picture the same thing happening in mma or kickboxing?

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

What's the hurry? He dominated every round aftter #3, he knocked him out. How is that embarrassing? Oh, right, Sherdog MMA fans.....JUST BLEED

I would really like to know the regular age of a Conor fan. This guy is the king of casuals.

MMA fighters are all C level athletes(this is so true that even a fantasy pro-wrestler came to mma and then became UFC champion LoL), because of the low money gains in this sport, so it only atracts people that is not really that good and is not able to compete in other sports, then they go to MMA. A-Level strikers don't go to mma, that's it, and this was shown yesterday. That poor mma bum called Canor is so C-level that he doesn't even have gas for more than 4 rounds against a true elite opponent LoL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess_bjj
Back