Do you guys ever watch music videos?

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whenever I ask people if they've seen the new music video of a band they like, I normally get the response of "I don't watch music videos.". It seems like I'm the only one (at least out of people I know) that enjoys watching them. I think a lot of the time it adds a lot of personality to the song/artist, and it can sometimes help you understand where the artist was coming from when writing the song. What do you guys think?

I do but it's for limited artists like these:

Rammstein usually has really interesting music vids too.

Rammstein usually has really interesting music vids too.
I usually like watching Tool videos. I'm not sure who directs them, but I love watching them.

I usually like watching Tool videos. I'm not sure who directs them, but I love watching them.

For some reason, as a person that grew up listening to stuff like Dead Kennedys, Rammstein, Megaherz, Metallica and others I just never could get into Tool. No idea why.

For some reason, as a person that grew up listening to stuff like Dead Kennedys, Rammstein, Megaherz, Metallica and others I just never could get into Tool. No idea why.
I think they might be an acquired taste. Everyone I know who likes them is either a bassist or a drummer, so maybe it depends on the instrument you play.

I do and still enjoy the creative ones regardless of genre or even artist if they're cool .

Yes but that new Mastodon video is ass.

Yes but that new Mastodon video is ass.
I enjoyed the silliness of it. I like most Mastodon videos to be honest. My favourite is probably Asleep in the Deep.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the silliness of it. I like most Mastodon videos to be honest. My favourite is probably Asleep in the Deep.

Sleeping Giant is probably my favorite. Didn't find Steambreather funny or interesting for whatever reason.

Sleeping Giant is probably my favorite. Didn't find Steambreather funny or interesting for whatever reason.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Sleeping Giant is an ace video though.

Have you got any of favourite music videos? It doesn't have to be Mastodon.

I got a couple dvds Pantera: 3 Vulgar Videos from Hell & Alice In Chains: Music Bank: The Videos they use to have a show called Uranium that I watched alot now just youtube.

I do watch music videos. I like it very much since being a teen.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Sleeping Giant is an ace video though.

Have you got any of favourite music videos? It doesn't have to be Mastodon.

One of my favorites;

No, unless it features bouncing hot tits and round ass.

Youtube is the new MTV

Fuck MTV

Whenever I ask people if they've seen the new music video of a band they like, I normally get the response of "I don't watch music videos.". It seems like I'm the only one (at least out of people I know) that enjoys watching them. I think a lot of the time it adds a lot of personality to the song/artist, and it can sometimes help you understand where the artist was coming from when writing the song. What do you guys think?

When I saw your avatar I knew you were going to post the video for Steambreather. I love how Mastodons subject matter for the most part is serious and especially the latest album but then for the most part you watch their music videos and they are quirky and pretty funny

This is my favorite Mastodon video they produced

When I saw your avatar I knew you were going to post the video for Steambreather. I love how Mastodons subject matter for the most part is serious and especially the latest album but then for the most part you watch their music videos and they are quirky and pretty funny

This is my favorite Mastodon video they produced

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I love them too. That whole album is basically about losing family to cancer and death, but their videos are really light-hearted and fun.

That's my favourite video too actually, and I have a picture disc vinyl of that single. The face of the picture disc is basically the thumbnail of that video, and it looks pretty fucking sweet.

Back