• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Every punch McGregor threw

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Interesting to watch. Don't listen to the McGregor hating losers on here saying he was outboxed and "owned". McGregor landed more punches on Floyd than Pacman and many other professionals.

The main reason he lost was because he threw so many strikes and lacked the experience and gamesmanship of Mayweather.

He lost fair and square, no excuses from me, but stop pretending like it wasn't competitive and that he is a complete novice.

The main reason he lost was because he had 0-0 pro record and fought one of the boxing goats who had 49-0 pro record.

The main reason he lost was because he had 0-0 pro record and fought one of the boxing goats who had 49-0 pro record.

Experience and gameplan largely won Mayweather the fight.

Sherdog losers trying to rewrite history and make out like it was a man v boy.

I find it pretty depressing that you idiots are trying to find moral victories for Conor.

If Floyd fought the way he did Conor against Manny, Manny would of landed unprecedented amounts on Floyd.

I find it pretty depressing that you idiots are trying to find moral victories for Conor.

I'm just pushing back against false narratives.

I find it depressing that idiots are calling Conor a novice.

The truth can be depressing, but he is indeed a novice, by definition.

What happened was your modern day interpretation of the rope-a-dope strategy:

"In many competitive situations, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one contender lets opponent fatigue themself by drawing non-injuring offensive actions. This then gives the contender an advantage towards the end of the competition or before, as the opponent becomes tired, allowing the contender to execute devastating offensive maneuvers and thereby winning."

McGregor doesn't need to be shamed for it, but he was literally outclassed by an elite-level, veteran boxer who has mastered his craft, over a lifetime. Unlike McGregor, Floyd went in there and did what he said he would. He opted not to fight defensively, and instead put on a more entertaining show than the Pac fight. He came forward, absorbed the best of what McGregor had, then after understanding what he was up against, completely took over and finished the fight.

I was rooting for MMA in that one, but the novice lost to the better, more experienced boxer, in his domain. It is what it is.

There's no false narrative. He got TKO'd. Got embarrassed after promising he would destroy this little old man inside one round.

It's really sad when you have to edit all your boxing videos to look decent

There's no false narrative. He got TKO'd. Got embarrassed after promising he would destroy this little old man inside one round.

So, Mayweather could have finished the fight in the first round, but willingly too punches for 10 rounds and then decided to end the fight?

Even Max Kellerman and Sugar Ray Leonard had to admit that Conor is a preternatural fighter. 14 year old kids who get bad grades in school disagree, however.

If Floyd fought the way he did Conor against Manny, Manny would of landed unprecedented amounts on Floyd.

If Floyd fought the way he did Conor with Manny, Manny would have knocked him the fuck out. He didn't fight that way with Manny because he respect's Manny's power and offense. As Paulie said, if Floyd doesn't respect your power, he will walk you down and stand in the pocket. He didn't respect Conor's power, so was willing to make it a toe to toe fight and take some hits in the process (which he knew couldn't really hurt him).

If Floyd fought the way he did Conor with Manny, Manny would have knocked him the fuck out. He didn't fight that way with Manny because he respect's Manny's power and offense. As Paulie said, if Floyd doesn't respect your power, he will walk you down and stand in the pocket. He didn't respect Conor's power, so was willing to make it a toe to toe fight and take some hits in the process (which he knew couldn't really hurt him).

He only started walking Conor down after Conor gassed out.

Experience and gameplan largely won Mayweather the fight.

Sherdog losers trying to rewrite history and make out like it was a man v boy.

Skills won it mainly for Floyd coupled with experience. Imagine if Conor had faced an in prime boxer who wasn't 40 and was his size...

Conor did as well one could hope for being a champion in a different striking art, if Floyd stepped into the Octagon it'd be the reverse of this fight.

Stop white knighting Conor, let it go.

Even Max Kellerman and Sugar Ray Leonard had to admit that Conor is a preternatural fighter. 14 year old kids who get bad grades in school disagree, however.

He is, his instincts are impeccable as his ability to plan for a fight. I think his approach of not going with a traditional boxing coach who is unfamiliar with his training approach and methods worked out for him.
Guy did much better than expected.m

As far as the 14 to 24 demograph, pretty sure that's a majority of the (say anything critical about Conor v's Floyd) you are a hater... cult.

Yeah, Mayweather let Conor uppercut him. For da lulz.
You actually think Floyd was trying at any point

He was toying with Conor, let him predictably gas and then started marching forward throwing big punches something he would never do against a half decent opponent

At no point in that fight was Floyd not in control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back