• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Every punch McGregor threw

Interesting to watch. Don't listen to the McGregor hating losers on here saying he was outboxed and "owned". McGregor landed more punches on Floyd than Pacman and many other professionals.

The main reason he lost was because he threw so many strikes and lacked the experience and gamesmanship of Mayweather.

He lost fair and square, no excuses from me, but stop pretending like it wasn't competitive and that he is a complete novice.

yeah but it was floyd's best stoppage in years too. Overall Pacquiao, Maidana, Berto, etc did way better than him and Floyd was coming off years of retirement at 40 years old. He looked bad there too.

Yeah, Mayweather let Conor uppercut him. For da lulz.
If anything that uppercut showed mayweather he could take a hit from conor and his fans proclaimed "power" is non-exsisent

Also landing one good shot in the whole fight does not make it a competitive fight

Interesting to watch. Don't listen to the McGregor hating losers on here saying he was outboxed and "owned". McGregor landed more punches on Floyd than Pacman and many other professionals.

The main reason he lost was because he threw so many strikes and lacked the experience and gamesmanship of Mayweather.

He lost fair and square, no excuses from me, but stop pretending like it wasn't competitive and that he is a complete novice.

If someone watches that video and can not admit Conor is likely one of the greatest pugilistic talents we have ever seen, they are better off sticking with another sport. His jab, his speed, his angles, his fight IQ, his ring control and power are staggering. Even in the 9th, when he was totally gassed, he shredded Mayweather's body.

I want to see Conor in MMA, never gave him a chance vs Mayweather, but this was a total revelation. Very sad that few people can take an objective look at this fight and admit what transpired; full gas tank Conor is like a Loma and RJJ hybrid.

Overall Pacquiao, Maidana, Berto, etc did way better than him and Floyd was coming off years of retirement at 40 years old. He looked bad there too.
Bro - you are joking or trolling, right? Berto and Pac did better than Conor? You fa real fa real right now? It's hard to tell when people are being serious about this fight or trolling?

Experience and gameplan largely won Mayweather the fight.

Sherdog losers trying to rewrite history and make out like it was a man v boy.
This is true.

Mayweather had incredible craftiness, knew how to manipulate the ref, knew how to bend the rules, be dirty, to not be reprimanded for it and then get Conor in trouble for doing the same thing. It was big time bizarro seeing Mayweather turn his back and hunch over - in golden gloves, where I used to box, you would be dq'd for doing that.

Skills won it mainly for Floyd coupled with experience. Imagine if Conor had faced an in prime boxer who wasn't 40 and was his size...

Conor did as well one could hope for being a champion in a different striking art, if Floyd stepped into the Octagon it'd be the reverse of this fight.

Mayweather wouldn't make it past the first minute in MMA. Conor lasted nearly 10 rounds and won some of them.

So, Mayweather could have finished the fight in the first round, but willingly too punches for 10 rounds and then decided to end the fight?

It's called being cautious and smart. He went out there in the first rounds to test waters and see what Conor can offer. Remember there is no footage on this guy actually boxing. Floyd did the right thing. It was his gameplan and he executed it perfectly.

Now, you, sad nuthuggers, are trying to play it out like if Conor was just too good and Floyd couldn't do shit in those rounds, when in fact he barely threw anything and let Conor unload on him and gas himself out. Remember that even though Floyd threw less punches in those rounds, he landed at a considerably higher rate than Conor. It's not that he couldn't outbox Conor. He obviously could, thus the higher landing rate. He simply didn't wanna risk going full at it without first scanning this guy.

What can't you understand from this? Also, 90% of what Conor landed was shit. Absolutely no power behind, most of them didn't land flush at all.

Bro - you are joking or trolling, right? Berto and Pac did better than Conor? You fa real fa real right now? It's hard to tell when people are being serious about this fight or trolling?
Honestly, do you think Floyd fought Connie with the same defensive first strategy v's Berto or pac.

Only fight Floyd bet on himself, and he tried a second bet to knock Connie out in 9.5.
He didn't seem hurt, In trouble, but for the most part composed and in control.

Connie did well, but I'm gonna refrain from calling him a hybrid of prime rjj and loma hybrid, woth a full gas tank.

He threw some unorthodox looks, but it also helped Floyd was in control and carrying Connie a bit. His cardio, but the 30+ body shots were a huge factor in Connies gas tank being shot early.

Even UFCs own ken flo, Nate Diaz are in accord with this sentiment.

That said, I was impressed with connies overall performance. Specifically his use of range, ring iq, hand speed, and adaptation to inside fighting by avoiding it through clinch, switches, and avoiding it, which is a big part of his great use of footwork.

floyd fought exactly the same way as he said and also gave Conor many chances - he never was that generous to his other enemies. it was a fun match, but nothing more.
<PlusJuan>

Where was Conor's precision and timing though?
1uxbue.jpg

I do not think Conor could ever be competitive at the highest level of boxing.

Honestly, do you think Floyd fought Connie with the same defensive first strategy v's Berto or pac.

Only fight Floyd bet on himself, and he tried a second bet to knock Connie out in 9.5.
He didn't seem hurt, In trouble, but for the most part composed and in control.

Connie did well, but I'm gonna refrain from calling him a hybrid of prime rjj and loma hybrid, woth a full gas tank.

He threw some unorthodox looks, but it also helped Floyd was in control and carrying Connie a bit. His cardio, but the 30+ body shots were a huge factor in Connies gas tank being shot early.

Even UFCs own ken flo, Nate Diaz are in accord with this sentiment.

That said, I was impressed with connies overall performance. Specifically his use of range, ring iq, hand speed, and adaptation to inside fighting by avoiding it through clinch, switches, and avoiding it, which is a big part of his great use of footwork.
Largely agreed on every point. I saw you called him "Connie" and I'm thinking 'Oh boy....another hater tirade' but it sounds like you are actually really objective.

There is no question that what happened was much owing to Floyd's game plan, but that being said, there are people acting like Floyd flat out did not even try for the first 5 rounds and was pulling a rope a dope. I don't buy that, as Floyd is smart and would never surrender so many scores, rounds, damage, get countered so often and ever risk such a thing with an opponent that is a complete and total question mark.

This is the type of fight where we can reward bo competitors without resorting to overly hyperbolic statements like "X got demolished, emasculated and exposed by Y and looked like a clown". It may have not been Lawler vs Ro-Mac, but it was certainly not Amanda vs Ronda. Conor has some serious fucking pugilistic skills an I hope he returns to box someone after he defends a few times and straightens out his cardio.

Largely agreed on every point. I saw you called him "Connie" and I'm thinking 'Oh boy....another hater tirade' but it sounds like you are actually really objective.

There is no question that what happened was much owing to Floyd's game plan, but that being said, there are people acting like Floyd flat out did not even try for the first 5 rounds and was pulling a rope a dope. I don't buy that, as Floyd is smart and would never surrender so many scores, rounds, damage, get countered so often and ever risk such a thing with an opponent that is a complete and total question mark.

This is the type of fight where we can reward bo competitors without resorting to overly hyperbolic statements like "X got demolished, emasculated and exposed by Y and looked like a clown". It may have not been Lawler vs Ro-Mac, but it was certainly not Amanda vs Ronda. Conor has some serious fucking pugilistic skills an I hope he returns to box someone after he defends a few times and straightens out his cardio.

I'm in accord with this. He can box, And with more training he would be better refining what works and eliminating or reducing tendencies.
He impressed me and Floyd was a bit annoyed at times I feel by connies use of range, head movement, early on and weird hybrid stance.
He was surprised a bit too early on I feel.

I do think this whole experience may have sharpened his mma game as well, by improving his boxing which is his strength.

In my eyes, he helped himself and mma with his performance.
Secondly, he's got 100 million reasons to be pleased.

The only losers I see on sherdog, are the ones trying to create moral victories.

Back