• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why Is Modern Pop Music So Terrible?

Hotora86

war in the ring, never outside
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Found this interesting and wanted to share:

Some pop songs are hott and have good beats.

It's been the same way forever. People saying it all sucks are contrarian losers who prob don't talk to girls

It's been the same way forever. People saying it all sucks are contrarian losers who prob don't talk to girls
Have you watched the video?
Pop music had its finest hour in the 60s and has been in decline since - proof in the video.

Have you watched the video?
Pop music had its finest hour in the 60s and has been in decline since - proof in the video.

the video is fucking stupid just like your ideas on music not being good after the 60s.

I'm pretty sure te 70s-80s had awesome pop music

But what do I know that dog shit video has it all figured out

the video is fucking stupid just like your ideas on music not being good after the 60s.

I'm pretty sure te 70s-80s had awesome pop music

But what do I know that dog shit video has it all figured out
If you had watched it you'd know that it doesn't shit on 70s and 80s music. I love 70s and 80s music. The 2010s music is shit tho - same tune written by the same 2 people.

If you had watched it you'd know that it doesn't shit on 70s and 80s music. I love 70s and 80s music. The 2010s music is shit tho - same tune written by the same 2 people.

Okay well i think there's been plenty of fun throw away songs you can enjoy.

Stop taking stupid shit so seriously

There is some modern pop music that is sexy as fuck imo.

In such a subjective thing as music I certainly wouldn't trust a YouTube video to tell me what's good and what's shit. That's like letting the VMAs tell me what's good.

The ''modern music sucks'' crowd is nothing but 1) people too lazy to actually go look for the good stuff 2) nostalgic oldfarts. It has never been easier to produce and release music nowadays and there's an ocean of good music out there to listen to for free, you just need to have a bit of curiosity and passion to go look for it outside of mainstream channels.

If you like Justin Bieber and shit like him you probably don't talk to girls either.

If you like Justin Bieber and shit like him you probably don't talk to girls either.

Except I get laid constantly and not some cave dweller like a lot of you on here.

And enjoying A song doesn't make you some die hard fan.

But you sound like a dweeb so what do I know

Music is an art form, pop music isn't art.

If I draw a stick man and compare it to a Picasso, are people going to say my artwork is better than Picasso?

Pop music is my stick man.

This video explains how pop music is manufactured for people to get stuck in their heads and it's not actually enjoyable to listen to unless you hear it a hundred times and are tricked into liking it because of the familiarity. It's explained in more detail in the video.

In such a subjective thing as music I certainly wouldn't trust a YouTube video to tell me what's good and what's shit. That's like letting the VMAs tell me what's good.
It's based on a scientific study of timbre and volume variance. Seems legit to me. Watch it, form an opinion.

The ''modern music sucks'' crowd is nothing but 1) people too lazy to actually go look for the good stuff 2) nostalgic oldfarts. It has never been easier to produce and release music nowadays and there's an ocean of good music out there to listen to for free, you just need to have a bit of curiosity and passion to go look for it outside of mainstream channels.
Funnily enough those words are almost exactly what the video opens with... wanna find out if it's really "nostalgic oldfarting"? Watch the video.

Also, I do agree that you can still find good music outside mainstream channels... but that's actually the point. Good music used to be IN THE MAINSTREAM. Now it's pushed aside by disposable computer-manufactured crap.

It's based on a scientific study of timbre and volume variance. Seems legit to me. Watch it, form an opinion.

I know what it is. I've seen stuff just like that before and one of my hobbies is working with sound. I know how producers love to compress everything to shit and turn it to mush and how most of the biggest pop songs since the 50s/60s use the same chords as one another etc etc

I get the science of it but everyone is different and saying music is terrible is still a relative term, and actually rather "oldfarty".

Good music used to be IN THE MAINSTREAM. Now it's pushed aside by disposable computer-manufactured crap.

Nope. Good music is still in the mainstream. Hipster dog agrees with you though.

animal-memes-440.jpg

Last edited:
This video explains how pop music is manufactured for people to get stuck in their heads and it's not actually enjoyable to listen to unless you hear it a hundred times and are tricked into liking it because of the familiarity. It's explained in more detail in the video.

That's a crock of horseshit.

When I like a song, the connection is instant.

I don't need to hear it in traffic a million times a day to have it entrenched into my psyche and then say the song grew on me like mold.

Back