Conor has no real punching power

He has good timing and accuracy, combined with bad chins and defence of MMA fighters. His reach, precision and skill are the biggest parts of his success as a "puncher" in MMA. But real power, compared to boxers? Nah. The Floyd fight was more than enough evidence of that, so are the testimonies of Van Heerden and Paulie - three smaller fighters no less, as is the norm for Conor opponents.

Pauline saud he has respectable power

Got him and hurt him are two very different things. Conor landed a flush uppercut and Floyd smirked back. If you look at previous fights of Floyd, when he gets hit hard he shakes his head back at his opponent as if to say "Sure you landed hard, but it hasn't rocked me I'm ok". It's a boxing version of putting a brave face on and not showing the shot hurt so that his opponent doesn't try and capitalise. But with Conor he didn't do that even once. He just smirked back at him. Like when your 3 y.o nephew runs up and punches you in the stomach. It's cute.

Usually when a fighter shakes his head or says stupid sh1t in the ring on the lines of... You haven't rocked me" it in fact means it rocked him.

Floyd reacted like he's been hurt. Like when somebody hits you hard to the stomach and you barely can breathe as a consequence.

Or like when someone hits you in the nuts eh.

Pauline saud he has respectable power

Of course any half decent fighter has respectable power when they can set up their shots properly. Conor certainly can plant his feet, launch from his leg, torque his hip and land a hard power shot. But only when everything goes according to his plan. When it doesn't, he can't throw power shots against decent boxers and still hit them. So he resorts to pitty pats just so he can touch their face with his gloves. Watch the fight again, by the 3rd round Conor almost gave up trying to throw proper punches anymore and just settled for points by patting Floyd's face with light arm punches.

It's also funny how some of you believe Paulie when it is convenient for you but call him a liar at other times. Paulie also said that a boxer should know what kind of boxer they are AND also know what kind of boxer they aren't. He said that Conor's problem is that he thinks he is a hard hitting type boxer like GGG or Canelo. But Conor isn't and his team and he didn't know it.

yeah his power always gets overrated, it's above average but he doesn't have HUGE power.

it's always been his timing and accuracy, which is even more impressive than having retard power.

Usually when a fighter shakes his head or says stupid sh1t in the ring on the lines of... You haven't rocked me" it in fact means it rocked him.

Yes that's what I said, sort of. When Floyd does it, I don't think he's actually rocked. But it was certainly a hard shot and Floyd wants to quickly show the opponent that sure it was a good shot, but I'm ok.

The point is that Floyd never shook his head like that with any of Conor's punches. The only reaction I saw from Floyd to any of Conor's punches was a smirk.

But I think there really isn't any need for over analysing. Conor's punching power or lack of it can be summed up very easily. When a fighter walks another fighter down, he obviously does NOT respect his opponent's power. This is an indisputable and well known fact. You simply cannot walk forward on GGG or Canelo or any fighter who can hit very hard. But more than this, Floyd is a defensive fighter and he certainly has never and would never risk getting hurt by walking forward into his opponent's punches if he felt even the slightest threat from his opponent's punching power.

Floyd felt no threat at all after the first couple of rounds where he realised "Shit, this guy isn't holding back or anything. He actually doesn't have any power that represents a threat. There is nothing for me to fear walking forward into this guy's punches. All that talk of his power being so high that he's going to break my guard and get through is crap."

yeah his power always gets overrated, it's above average but he doesn't have HUGE power.

it's always been his timing and accuracy, which is even more impressive than having retard power.

Yes he's got excellent timing. Even against Floyd, his timing was good. His accuracy is great against MMA fighters who are predictable to him, but not good against boxers. Watch his sparring session with Chris Van Heerden who was making Floyd miss over and over again.

canelo looked embarassing against floyd. literally worse than conor, so i wouldnt say canelo would bodybag him. ggg is a freak though

alas youre stupid for saying he has no punching power. he wins all his fights by knockout and hurt floyd to the body. and he is a goddamn lightweight.

Lol he didn't hurt Floyd at all. Floyd showed him zero respect and walked him down like Conor has pillow fists. Conor spent 80% of the fight backpeddling and trying to clinch to survive

Conor: I made him fight like a Mexican

Lol, that's like low key shitting on himself. As if he is trying to say, " my power was so shitty that I made the most defensive boxer in the world fight an offensive fight"

Been saying it for years. His power is the most overrated thing ever. Mayweather didn't even seem phased lol..thank fk Conor wasn't dumb enough to fight a boxer in his prime..Canelo or GGG would bodybag him inside 1 round,

Won $550 off the Mayweather fight lol dumb fans pushing the betting lines.

Punching power depends on two individuals: The one throwing the punch and his opponent. This is something Conor fangirls always failed to understand. Conor is very efficient against people that aren't elite strikers. Doesn't mean he will be efficient against elite boxers. You have C level boxers that KO plenty of other C level boxers, but as soon as they face a B level boxer, they stop landing KO punches. It's the same shit. Conor's opponents put themselves in very bad positions and Conor capitalizes on it. Against Floyd there was nothing to capitalize on.

Conor also uses his kicks to set up punches, which makes it easier to distract the opponent and land good punches. He can't do that in boxing.

If people were just a little bit more educated nobody would talk about Conor's amazing power like they do. They would simply realize that he is good against average strikers and that's pretty much all we can say about his punches.

Last edited:
Conor never threw his hardest punches against Floyd. He was too worried about gassing out to try a KO.

If you realy want to see him throw at 100% watch him swing(and often graze or miss) at Nate Diaz in the first fight. He never tried that once against Floyd, not even close, so now you got these boxing-only shitheads claiming he doesn't have power.

Conor: I made him fight like a Mexican

Lol, that's like low key shitting on himself. As if he is trying to say, " my power was so shitty that I made the most defensive boxer in the world fight an offensive fight"

Haha, I actually thought the exact same thing, but forgot to make a post about it.

I remember thinking at the time he doesn't seem to realise he's insulting himself. Yeah, you made Floyd fight like a Mexican journeyman, plodding forwards throwing one punch at a time, because you're such a harmless scrub that's all that was required to beat you :D

Punching power depends on two individuals: The one throwing the punch and his opponent. This is something Conor fangirls always failed to understand. Conor is very efficient against people that aren't elite strikers. Doesn't mean he will be efficient against elite boxers. You have C level boxers that KO plenty of other C level boxers, but as soon as they face a B level boxer, they stop landing KO punches. It's the same shit. Conor's opponents put themselves in very bad positions and Conor capitalizes on it. Against Floyd there was nothing to capitalize on.

Conor also uses his kicks to set up punches, which makes it easier to distract the opponent and land good punches. He can't do that in boxing.

If people were just a little bit more educated nobody would talk about Conor's amazing power like they do. They would simply realize that he is good against average strikers and that's pretty much all we can say about his punches.

Are you saying Diaz is not a good striker?

Conor never threw his hardest punches against Floyd. He was too worried about gassing out to try a KO.

If you realy want to see him throw at 100% watch him swing(and often graze or miss) at Nate Diaz in the first fight. He never tried that once against Floyd, not even close, so now you got these boxing-only shitheads claiming he doesn't have power.

Here you go, here is a full swing left cross from Conor, just like he throws against scrubs in the cage. Floyd bats it away like a harmless jab. No power.

tumblr_ove4poSfVj1upwz95o1_400.gif

And also, why didn't he try to KO Floyd? Did he think he was going to outbox Floyd? Didn't he say he was going to KO Floyd in the foist round with 8oz gloves, that he was a 170 pound Irish gorilla, and he was going to rip Floyd's head off and play football wid it? And why would he be worried about gassing? He did say he'd worked on his cardio and built himself a great engine, and could go 12 hard rounds. Also, isn't he on the F.A.S.T conditioning program?

Are you saying Diaz is not a good striker?

I'm saying none of the guys Conor faced has the understanding of punching technique of an elite boxer. Catching Nate diaz with a punch is very different from catching an elite boxer with a punch. Completely different worlds. The fact that you are good enough to catch Nate Diaz doesn't mean you're good enough to catch an elite boxer.

What can't you understand?

Here you go, here is a full swing left cross from Conor, just like he throws against scrubs in the cage. Floyd bats it away like a harmless jab. No power.

tumblr_ove4poSfVj1upwz95o1_400.gif

And also, why didn't he try to KO Floyd? Did he think he was going to outbox Floyd? Didn't he say he was going to KO Floyd in the foist round with 8oz gloves, that he was a 170 pound Irish gorilla, and he was going to rip Floyd's head off and play football wid it? And why would he be worried about gassing? He did say he'd worked on his cardio and built himself a great engine, and could go 12 hard rounds. Also, isn't he on the F.A.S.T conditioning program?

They don't get it, man. They're still stuck in this imaginary world where Conor has the touch of death.

I'm saying none of the guys Conor faced has the understanding of punching technique of an elite boxer. Catching Nate diaz with a punch is very different from catching an elite boxer with a punch. Completely different worlds. The fact that you are good enough to catch Nate Diaz doesn't mean you're good enough to catch an elite boxer.

What can't you understand?

This is a weak argument! As mma goes, Diaz is a great striker. You are talking about someone who spares with some of the best boxers in the world. Conor , in ufc terms is one of the best strikers in mma too.

They don't get it, man. They're still stuck in this imaginary world where Conor has the touch of death.

Are you denying that Conor is a great striker in the ufc? Can you bring yourself to say that?

Mike tyson power and conor mcbooger power

Are virtually unidentical

Back