Crazy neighbor driving us nuts

If the neighbor turns them away a gay orgy is probably just gonna break out in the hallway and ts gonna have to listen to the entire thing. And someone always brings karaoke to those things

sounds like you have some first-hand experience

..And someone always brings karaoke to those things

that's usually me

h6kJUnE.png

DISCLAIMER: I am not against weed and parties. I am against vandalism and depriving me of sleep.

The neighbor below us is a dude in his 20s, who likes to get drunk or smoke weed and party until dawn with his chums, not only on weekends. He can sometimes be seen drinking in the hall as well. We had asked him politely a few times to settle down after midnight but he never did. We spoke to the district police officer and he paid them a visit twice - the effects were short-lived. He mentioned that they look fishy and he could smell the weed but he can't search them without a warrant. When parties went on past 3 AM we'd call the police to intervene but they either come too late (when it's over) or similarly ask the guys to turn it down and leave. We've reported the issue to the housing cooperative (administration) and they sent two letters to the flat owner (we don't know who, since it's classified personal info) but received no response. Needless to say, we experience many sleepless nights. Nobody lives in the flat below this dude and the rest of the neighbors don't seem to care or is unwilling to discuss the issue.

All of the above seems insignificant and only mildly annoying but last night the dude below went amok, like in some narcotic rage, and for almost a full hour (between 1 and 2 AM) was screaming at the top of his lungs and demolishing his own apartment - breaking dishes and furniture, smashing walls, kicking doors etc. He stormed out shortly after.

My wife had a nervous breakdown, said she couldn't go on living like this and moved out to her parents. We did not quarrel or anything but she thinks that we should move permanently. I don't want to, I like our current flat.

I called the police and housing cooperative again today, they said there is almost nothing they can do. I can go to court but:
1) I'd have to pay the process fees
2) cases like these usually get dismissed due to "no actual physical danger"
3) the neighbor would know I went against him and could retaliate

I've read some forums online about such cases and pathological neighbors usually retaliate with aggression or vandalism - I don't want to be on the receiving end of that.

I feel like I've tried every option and failed. My house doesn't feel like a home anymore. I'm sick and tired of this shit.

Have any of you had similar experiences - and what did you do?
I expect half the posts to be "beat him up" but that usually backfires so no thanks.
Fuck his mother. Or if you can find some poison oak, rub it on a rag, then wipe the rag all over his door handle. Watch the hilarity ensue.

DISCLAIMER: I am not against weed and parties. I am against vandalism and depriving me of sleep.

The neighbor below us is a dude in his 20s, who likes to get drunk or smoke weed and party until dawn with his chums, not only on weekends. He can sometimes be seen drinking in the hall as well. We had asked him politely a few times to settle down after midnight but he never did. We spoke to the district police officer and he paid them a visit twice - the effects were short-lived. He mentioned that they look fishy and he could smell the weed but he can't search them without a warrant. When parties went on past 3 AM we'd call the police to intervene but they either come too late (when it's over) or similarly ask the guys to turn it down and leave. We've reported the issue to the housing cooperative (administration) and they sent two letters to the flat owner (we don't know who, since it's classified personal info) but received no response. Needless to say, we experience many sleepless nights. Nobody lives in the flat below this dude and the rest of the neighbors don't seem to care or is unwilling to discuss the issue.

All of the above seems insignificant and only mildly annoying but last night the dude below went amok, like in some narcotic rage, and for almost a full hour (between 1 and 2 AM) was screaming at the top of his lungs and demolishing his own apartment - breaking dishes and furniture, smashing walls, kicking doors etc. He stormed out shortly after.

My wife had a nervous breakdown, said she couldn't go on living like this and moved out to her parents. We did not quarrel or anything but she thinks that we should move permanently. I don't want to, I like our current flat.

I called the police and housing cooperative again today, they said there is almost nothing they can do. I can go to court but:

I've read some forums online about such cases and pathological neighbors usually retaliate with aggression or vandalism - I don't want to be on the receiving end of that.

I feel like I've tried every option and failed. My house doesn't feel like a home anymore. I'm sick and tired of this shit.

I expect half the posts to be "beat him up" but that usually backfires so no thanks.

Hire someone to eliminate the problem.

Part and parcel of living in an urban area imo.

Document everything. I work for an apartment community and deal with this regularly. I hate it. If you can bring your property manager proof of the disturbances, they should be able to send them a lease violation. If it keeps up, they can evict. Havent seen this process go all the way through but am currently in the midst of dealing with an issue similar to this.

I don't blame your wife. I had neighbors like that and it will totally wreck your quality of life. Documenting his shit is probably a good idea like the above poster recommended. He'll slip up one day. That or the standard sherdog solutions (uppercuts, file lawshuit, fuck his mom).

Also you sound poor.

Last edited:
we had loud alcoholic idiot neighbors, we called the landlord a few times. then someone else started calling our landlord and the assholes got kicked out.

Secretly ruin his tires, or mess up his stuff. Then he misses work, then he gets fired, then he can't pay rent or afford to party, then he is gone. I'm a believer in retaliation.

In a situation like this violence is always the answer. When he has a late night party knock on the door. When he answers head butt him in the face then look around the room and say who's next. Problem solved.

The only solution IMO is to be loud and blast music when he's trying to sleep

<seedat>

Either that or piss on his door.

A man's home is his castle. Go and have a word with your neighbour and if he doesn't listen, make him fucking listen. Go full on fucking psycho if you have to. If you allow people to walk all over you they will.
I don't think anyone thinks of there apartment as "a castle".

This is an easy fix. First you buy a felony amount of drugs, then knock on your neighbors door and be like "You wanna smoke a joint brother?" While inside his apartment you ask to use the bathroom and you plant the drugs inside his toilet. Then you go buy a burner phone (using cash) and make several calls to your local drug hotline. Problem solved..... Or you just move out and not send the poor bastard to PRISON...Your call mate

<{cum@me}>

I wonder if OP is one of those annoying busy body neighbors who complains about everything. If it's such a nuisance, why is everyone else ok with it?

This is why neighbors end up getting shot. I can't imagine the rage you must be feeling.

I had to tear into a neighbor for having a party on a Wednesday Night (duplex) until 2am.

I told him to keep that shit for the weekends and to let me know beforehand, so we could either join them or make other plans

No issues after that.

Seriously, you need to strongly confront the guy.... strongly.

Back