Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can think of, yes.

I'm just wondering why you wouldn't make Luthor a menacing villain. At least at some point down the stretch. I mean we have seen enough renditions to get to one that actually comes across as a threat. One that can put it on in front of the crowd and seem like a decent dude but behind the scenes is a cutthroat SOB. Eisenberg was looney tunes from the moment he was on screen. He couldn't even put on a decent face in front of senators and at his literacy party. Dude was batshit and silly.

Hackman was good (and a great actor in general), but Superman is more about the awesomeness of the origin story and Christopher Reeve's spot on performance than about villains and master plans.

Spacey gave one of his least inspiring performances in a tepid movie.

Eisenberg is a good actor who was either told to or chose to play Luthor in a horrendous way.

I've been disappointed with every single live action Luthor. Hackman was the best but he was still mediocre. I think they shoot for megalomaniacal and always sail past the mark, like kites in a hurricane. The humor is always terrible; when I think Luthor humor, I think "I'm so much smarter than you (and I'm right)" humor. I don't think the hamfisted lunacy they've always given us.

Last edited:
My guess is Whedon will be praised if it is good. Snyder will be criticized if it's bad. Unfair but that's the way the world works.

I think both will get it if it's bad and only one if it's good.

I have 0 experience / knowledge on this Cyborg character, never saw him before this movie I don't know what to say he looks off, hope he will surprise me and be a hidden gem.

I have 0 experience / knowledge on this Cyborg character, never saw him before this movie I don't know what to say he looks off, hope he will surprise me and be a hidden gem.
I only know Cyborg from the JLAU movies but he's never struck me as a compelling character. He has a somewhat angsty backstory but unlike Batman it doesn't seem to have warped him in any interesting ways, so he just comes off as an earnest "gee whiz" junior member.

If it was just a question of diversity they should have gone with the John Stewart GL. But I guess they need someone for kid Flash to pal around with?

As far as I can think of, yes.

I'm just wondering why you wouldn't make Luthor a menacing villain. At least at some point down the stretch. I mean we have seen enough renditions to get to one that actually comes across as a threat. One that can put it on in front of the crowd and seem like a decent dude but behind the scenes is a cutthroat SOB. Eisenberg was looney tunes from the moment he was on screen. He couldn't even put on a decent face in front of senators and at his literacy party. Dude was batshit and silly.

Hackman was good (and a great actor in general), but Superman is more about the awesomeness of the origin story and Christopher Reeve's spot on performance than about villains and master plans.

Spacey gave one of his least inspiring performances in a tepid movie.

Eisenberg is a good actor who was either told to or chose to play Luthor in a horrendous way.
I think
apparently he was a favorite of the children in a TV show.

I only know Cyborg from the JLAU movies but he's never struck me as a compelling character. He has a somewhat angsty backstory but unlike Batman it doesn't seem to have warped him in any interesting ways, so he just comes off as an earnest "gee whiz" junior member.

If it was just a question of diversity they should have gone with the John Stewart GL. But I guess they need someone for kid Flash to pal around with?

Oh Green Lantern would have been cool but I think he is his own team.. GL is stronger then all of them imo.

Maybe the Cyborg dude will act very well and he will be fun, hope they improve his CGI wasn't a fan from the trailers and I think now that the Avengers dude is putting his stamp on it he will work the colors and make the picture in a tad different color pallet then what we got till now.

Update: October 2, 2017

THE ART OF JUSTICE LEAGUE Book Cover Revealed

e7DSEzk.jpg

Hmm, feel like they're missing someone. It's not Superman...

EMP_NOV17_NewsstandCover.jpg

Update: October 4, 2017

New JUSTICE LEAGUE Character Posters Still Feature a Surprising New Member of the Team

DLTmbX6VwAAsDOB.jpg

DLTnlpCUMAEr0xz.jpg

DLQkISlVAAAmDIW.jpg

DLTlZokUEAMKMGt.jpg

eAnj6no.jpg

DLTotrSUIAAaGVo.jpg

Something is off.

I think Lex needs to make a logo for Cap yep that is it!

DLQkISlVAAAmDIW.jpg

Not sure about this costume he looks like a super padded extreme roller / skateboarder.

Also seems to go for that Netflix DareDevil look to it.

Cyborg still looks funny.. Aquaman looks different, I guess its better then Borg and DD.

The best is WW and Batman.

Lex already made a Cap logo. Check out Cap's poster on the upper right corner. :D

That is his old Logo he needs a Lex corp one to be legit and a small clip on a email and he can be part of the team. (man that was a weak reveal the heck 'Oscar winner writer' dude you doing.. o shit he is coming to Star Wars xD)

He kinda does.. maybe will be better in the next trailer, realistic they only have 2 max 3 weeks to work on the CGI, the movie will be out in 6 weeks.

He reminds me of the action figures they used to sell back in the late 70's:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back