Ferguson is overall better than Diaz atm but Diaz is harder fight for Conor.

The thing is, tony is a cocky guy, and he tries to stand and I think he will with Mcgregor. A journey man had him on queer street.

Nate had Conor on queer street, and he is not known for his power at all.

Tony's defense is str8 garage.. McNuggets is gonna sleep him like he did Aldo.

Nate beats Conor in the trilogy.

Nate has a iffy record because he's not as well-rounded and is predictable unlike Ferg, but Nate's style is difficult unless you low kick him and avoid going BJJ for BJJ and getting into boxing exchanges. Chances are you're battling the clock since finishing him is tough as hell. Based on that forward moving, whatever comes to his mind throwing Ferg would have his hands full with Nate, but I do agree Nate's a harder fight for Conor.

Simply because Nate has better boxing ?.
You're going to have to give us more than that if you want to convince anyone.
better boxing =/= not even in the same universe.

Also there are certain attributes / mentality that the Diaz bros both possess that make them huge threats to a style like Conor. Anyone who's been watching the Diaz bros on the feet for long enough or heard people speak about them knows. Not unless they're putting their heads In the sand, which many people are..since shitting on Nate has become a new tool to hate Conor.

Does Tony possess those same attributes and will he offer the same challenge that a Diaz brother did on the feet? That remains to be seen

If this past fights are any indication though, most people with striking / boxing experience would say no. Being more versatile on the feet does not change that.

Who wants it though? Besides Conor, Dana and WME, who prefers Nate 3 over Ferg right now? Casuals are casual they don't really give a shit. So who are you talking about exactly? Every writer, pundit, and fan poll prefer Tony by a huge margin. Stop it.
Nobody wants It. Tony Is the fight to make.

The Trilogy will make far more sense afterwards when people realize, damn..Nate was the last dude to legitimately challenge him.

I rewatched the fight Lee basically missed every punch during his Gnp flurry bc Ferg defended and deflected. Great defense from ferg imo

He showed heart when a journey man with zero ufc fights nearly planked him. Heart got him through. GSP would have tapped.

It's funny. I rewatched Conor/Diaz 2 the other night. For as much of a heralded classic as it is, it's funny how both fighters looked like dog shit for the most part. Nate looked like what he was, a 19-11 journeyman who was injured going into the fight. Conor was on life support by the early minutes of the 3rd rd. The last half of the fight looked like two zombies having a pillow fight. It's not a exaggeration to say the Ferg has maybe the highest 5 Rd. work rate in the game outside of MM. what he did up in Mexico City still amazes me. If Conor tires, he won't be seeing Nate's little pillow slaps or whatever the hell he throws. He'll be seeing nasty elbows on the inside and all of the other crazy shit Ferg throws. I'm not saying that Conor couldn't be the first guy to ever KO Ferguson early on in the fight, but if he gasses anywhere close to what he did with Nate, it's not going to be pretty. Nate is not Tony Ferguson, I don't care what anyone says.

"Tony Ferguson is like little Diaz.....with fuckin elk blood running through him."- Joey Diaz lmao

Your reasoning is weak. All you mentioned was the boxing difference, which I don't even agree with. Tony has struck with guys who worked Nate on the feet and length wise, he's VERY comparable to Nate. Tony and Nate have different styles of boxing, but I wouldn't say Tony's is much lower than Nate's in overall terms of skill. They both share the same weakness, which is a lack of defense. And he certainly has a far more diverse striking arsenal.

Conor is a better technical boxer than Nate anyways. When he had energy, he made Nate miss and look like a scrub, and dropped him multiple times with counters.

It was Nate's pace that mattered more than his boxing skills. And in that regard, Tony can certainly emulate a similar strategy.

It's funny. I rewatched Conor/Diaz 2 the other night. For as much of a heralded classic as it is, it's funny how both fighters looked like dog shit for the most part. Nate looked like what he was, a 19-11 journeyman who was injured going into the fight. Conor was on life support by the early minutes of the 3rd rd. The last half of the fight looked like two zombies having a pillow fight. It's not a exaggeration to say the Ferg has maybe the highest 5 Rd. work rate in the game outside of MM. what he did up in Mexico City still amazes me. If Conor tires, he won't be seeing Nate's little pillow slaps or whatever the hell he throws. He'll be seeing nasty elbows on the inside and all of the other crazy shit Ferg throws. I'm not saying that Conor couldn't be the first guy to ever KO Ferguson early on in the fight, but if he gasses anywhere close to what he did with Nate, it's not going to be pretty. Nate is not Tony Ferguson, I don't care what anyone says.

"Tony Ferguson is like little Diaz.....with fuckin elk blood running through him."- Joey Diaz lmao

Tony almost got queer street planked on ice by a journey man. Watch that again. If he runs forward with his chin in the air, he best bring a helmet or a dress. It wont end well.

Tony deserves the match with conor no doubt. Diaz shouldnt get the fight for being inactive.

One thing though imo is that Tony is the easier fight for conor. His boxing is a step below Diaz and conor and while he is the number 1 contender he doesn't matchup with conor as well as diaz does.

So while i think it would be a shame to pit conor vs diaz at this point i do see while people want it because it is definitely a harder matchup for Mcgoat

What are you going to say when Tony wins?

Do you even watch mma?

Do you?

Nate beat the crap out MJ and Cerrone and never had them on queer street. He's a volume puncher.

Conor is not some invincible force of nature. He's beatable, seems to have an average chin and cardio issues. It's a mistake to assume Nate is the only guy that can beat him.

Not this version of Diaz who hasnt fought in more than one year.

Also, why is that that Nate isn't a bad matchup for almost anyone else in the top 10
Tony almost got queer street planked on ice by a journey man. Watch that again. If he runs forward with his chin in the air, he best bring a helmet or a dress. It wont end well.
Yeah he ate a flush shin to the temple from a pretty good kicker that would have put any LW in the world on skates. He also recovered remarkably quickly, proceeded to beat the fuck out of him and sub with so much ease it wasn't even funny. And Conor got rocked with a bitch slap from Nate. What's your point?

How would you know? Ferguson hardly ever takes anyone down. He's had three takedowns in his last ten fights, and not a single takedown in his last five bouts. Tony's been taken down six times in the same five-fight span.

On paper, Ferguson is a much better wrestler than Nate Diaz. But you wouldn't know it from the stats.

He's coming off in the media like he wants to stand and trade with McGregor but I feel like he's gonna attempt to grapple more. I think McGregor needs to be weary of getting tied up with those Imanari rolls and such more so than traditional takedowns.

Also, why is that that Nate isn't a bad matchup for almost anyone else in the top 10

Yeah he ate a flush shin to the temple from a pretty good kicker that would have put any LW in the world on skates. He also recovered remarkably quickly, proceeded to beat the fuck out of him and sub with so much ease it wasn't even funny. And Conor got rocked with a bitch slap from Nate. What's your point?

He'd be a bad matchup for Poirier, he was for Michael Johnson and Cowboy. Who says he wouldn't be a tough matchup for guys like Gaethje or Ferguson?

Do you?

Nate beat the crap out MJ and Cerrone and never had them on queer street. He's a volume puncher.

Conor is not some invincible force of nature. He's beatable, seems to have an average chin and cardio issues. It's a mistake to assume Nate is the only guy that can beat him.

You might of heard of Bas Rutten (assuming you watch mma). McGregor was gassed. He got rocked. Perfect punch. Was still on his feet. Its a fight I wont money on. Nate was +325 fight 1. Your more then welcome to show your bet slip but, your one of those cucks that talk shit but, don't throw down. Nice pay day.

Mad?

Ferguson has shown he is hittable, but his defensive grappling saves him. Diaz was surprisingly hittable against McGregor leading with the jab and was cross countered, but McGregor showed in the Mayweather fight he is increasingly hittable as the fight goes.

Queer street. You know all about it right kuz? Mad?

Ferguson has shown he is hittable, but his defensive grappling saves him. Diaz was surprisingly hittable against McGregor leading with the jab and was cross countered, but McGregor showed in the Mayweather fight he is increasingly hittable as the fight goes.

Against the GOAT boxer of our generation in his first boxing match. If you used Nate 2 as a reference, you would have a point. Tony is good no doubt but very much so beatable. I would have loved to seen how a Khabi fight would have went had he not ran away on fight day.

Back