Tape proves Gen. Kelly LIED to smear Congresswoman Wilson...

I had thought Kelly would keep himself above this sort of thing but he's drunk the Fool Ade

Who are you referencing? Nobody has attempted to defend this guy or Trump in this thread.

Probably you....

You sound like you're permanently triggered by Donald Trump.

Yup. It was you.

Take it easy and at least wait until there's somebody disagreeing with you to start with the pissing and moaning.

Or I'll intentionally jump the gun in the exact same manner they do to make my point about that very problem..... exactly like I did. Try to keep up.

Not surprising coming from the guy who just let Trump pimp out his son's corpse.

He should clarify his statement.

He should not pull a Wilson and misrepresent what someone said

I think he still is but the sad truth about joining Trump's toxic office is that your are required to lie and spin. Remember, Trump values loyalty far more than ethics/integrity and if you want to stick around you better be loyal, even at personal cost.

I can be wrong here but I think Kelly is a net positive for Trump's team and he may feel that he has to make some sacrifices for the greater good, which is to prevent Trump from doing something very stupid. Just my theory, but he strikes me as more intelligent and grounded than most of the other buffoons Trump chose to surround himself with.
I agree with this. He is making the same mistake many intelligent people around trump has done. He think by playing the game he can control him and in the long run get his way. The problem is someone as poisoning as trump will overwhelm you and before you know you are lost in his tangle

Probably you....

Yup. It was you.

Or I'll intentionally jump the gun in the exact same manner they do to make my point about that very problem..... exactly like I did. Try to keep up.
What are you even talking about?

I didn't defend Trump. I didn't defend Kelly. I don't follow politics because I don't give a shit about them.

You're just whining about people that aren't even here, and I was letting you know it sounds quite pathetic. But keep it up, I guess.

I agree with this. He is making the same mistake many intelligent people around trump has done. He think by playing the game he can control him and in the long run get his way. The problem is someone as poisoning as trump will overwhelm you and before you know you are lost in his tangle
I think there is a noble angle to this too. Let's imagine that Kelly truly believes that he can do immense good by serving the president. Falling on the sword when required might be the price to pay, but in one sense it is noble.

The logical and honest person in me hates that type of shit, but I tend to think Kelly is doing what he truly thinks is best. But hey, this is just my theory and only based on his reputation. There is a point where he can just become corrupted himself by serving in a corrupt administration.

I was just about to post this.

LOL @ people thinking that Kelly was supposed to be "one of the adults in the room" RE reigning in Trump.

Nobody in Washington who actually has integrity wants anything to do with this administration.

I think those comments were more about not pulling out of the Iran deal, NAFTA and attacking North Korea.

I thought Kelly’s speech was very good about the process that goes on upon a service member death. Then, he started to go off the rails.

I think he still is but the sad truth about joining Trump's toxic office is that your are required to lie and spin. Remember, Trump values loyalty far more than ethics/integrity and if you want to stick around you better be loyal, even at personal cost.

I can be wrong here but I think Kelly is a net positive for Trump's team and he may feel that he has to make some sacrifices for the greater good, which is to prevent Trump from doing something very stupid. Just my theory, but he strikes me as more intelligent and grounded than most of the other buffoons Trump chose to surround himself with.

I realized Kelly was a complete POS the moment he defended, rather than condemned, Trump, for having the audacity to use Kelly's slain son to try and give himself cover for his lies about the actions of former presidents.

Kelly threw his own dead son under the bus in the cause of naked partisanism. What a vile human being. This is a great example of the sort of profound soullessness and lack of honor one must possess in order to serve in the Trump WH.

I'm with kpt on this one.

Kelly was able to get Bannon out of the WH.

Trump is a shameful dumpster fire but he still carries the nuclear football and is capable of doing a ALOT of damage to this country and the world if the right people aren't around to babysit him.

If Kelly starts condemning Trump for his asinine statements he'll be out of the administration and God knows who will replace him.

people are seriously freaking out, and using terms like 'profound soullessness' and 'lack of honor' over this?

i'm sure you used such unique phrasing when discussing Benghazi, no doubt

I wasn't even commenting on the Kelly allegation in the OP. That seemed like a condemnation over semantics. I also wasn't referring to the actions on the ground that led to the Niger deaths.

I was criticizing the personal conduct of a father willing to sell out his dead son rather than defy and condemn his boss's vulgar exploitation of said son's death.

So WTF does Benghazi have to do with that?

I’m just confused by the past two years of American politics. Does no one have staffers that do even basic fact checking? You can’t tell me everyone writes their own speeches and press releases, so how is it that so many mistakes get made? I get that intentional lying can paint the other person in a certain light, but this is an age where everyone can access information to check out stories like this. So how do people expect to get away with it?

Quite simply because, they will get away with it, at least in regards to half the population. Fox News has already run Kelly's comments. Do you think they're going to run a retraction, or show this rebuttal? The base will hear his bullshit, and nothing else.

I wasn't even commenting on the Kelly allegation in the OP. That seemed like a condemnation over semantics. I also wasn't referring to the actions on the ground that led to the Niger deaths.

I was criticizing the personal conduct of a father willing to sell out his dead son rather than defy and condemn his boss's vulgar exploitation of said son's death.

So WTF does Benghazi have to do with that?
I don't feel he 'sold out' his dead son personally
and I sincerely doubt he does as well

Back