"Palming" a basketball

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I'm not a basketball fanatic so I never heard of it until recently but is it actually true Kevin Durant or other nba players can't hold a basketball with one hand? Seemed pretty trivial when I tried it at the rec center with a "real NBA ball"

Palming is also a foul in basketball.

The abillity to palm a basketball, is one of the things a gheyberry sherdogger looks for in his "women"

Last edited:
The ball is fairly tacky, game balls at least. You don't have to be able to literally wrap your hand around more than half of it to control it with one hand. But if you can't palm/control the ball, it limits what you can do in terms of control and adjustments, especially on dunks and layups.

they havent called travelling since 1998
I lol'd, but just in case you're one of those people that doesn't watch and thinks everything stayed on the same trajectory, traveling gets called a lot more now than it did in the 90's.

I lol'd, but just in case you're one of those people that doesn't watch and thinks everything stayed on the same trajectory, traveling gets called a lot more now than it did in the 90's.

90's to mid 2000's, NBA was more lenient with travelling. I think they became more particular because they were getting beat in international competition, and getting calls in the olympics during the mid 2000's, im guessing

they havent called travelling since 1998
I don't watch much basketball but when I do, I notice that keeping your pivot foot planted is a thing of the past as well. It doesn't if you switch your pivot, as long as you pivot on a foot

you sure, I never knew that. I swear I have seen NBA players grip in one hand and make one handed passes while standing, or while dunking.

yeah, like this

koberaja.jpg

Back