Canelo has outsold the UFC in PPV buys this year

Yea but those are all weird nerds that watch that stupid shit.
and what do you think MMA fans are?

MMA fans are the dorky nerds that grew up watching pro wrestling instead of playing football. The most beta of all sports fandoms, even including e-sports.

and what do you think MMA fans are?

MMA fans are the dorky nerds that grew up watching pro wrestling instead of playing football. The most beta of all sports fandoms, even including e-sports.

You went too far with the e - sports comment. What are E - sports btw.. I'm guessing video games??

quite possibly the dumbest excuse for MMA's inferiority that I've read this year.

Boxing > MMA

Lol u really don't think UFC profited greatly from the May/Mac fight?

And the UFC is a promotion not a sport fuck tard, so which promotion is killing the UFC?? Golden Boy?? Please, the UFC made more in PPV sales off the May/Mac fight than Golden Boy made all year.

Boxing is having a pretty good year, just like MMA had a good 2016 and crushed boxing. Neither is going anywhere. I enjoy both sports along with Kickboxing.

You went too far with the e - sports comment. What are E - sports btw.. I'm guessing video games??
an A-level sport that sells out stadiums
22652077551_64a46dc21c_k.jpg

UFC held an event at this same venue (in Berlin) and only opened the bottom seats because they wouldnt sell the top bleachers.

So he has 20 million insta followers who don't know who he is?
What does canelo have? Like 4 million..
Everybody i work with knows fuck all about mma and they all know conor mcgregor
Who the fuck cares how many "insta" followers someone has?

People with money buy instagram followers. This is a fact.

The UFC has definitely contributed to Conor's tally of "fans".

Conor is well known in a few countries, he's the flavor of the month (in those countries). People outside of those countries don't know who he is.

Just because the UFC tells your he's a megastar doesn't make it true.

Also, Canelo doesn't post pictures of himself with erections in front of fast cars.

Who the fuck cares how many "insta" followers someone has?

People with money buy instagram followers. This is a fact.

The UFC has definitely contributed to Conor's tally of "fans".

Conor is well known in a few countries, he's the flavor of the month (in those countries). People outside of those countries don't know who he is.

Just because the UFC tells your he's a megastar doesn't make it true.

Also, Canelo doesn't post pictures of himself with erections in front of fast cars.
Lol delusional we both know it matters, look at lebron james megastar, ronaldo megastar, they all have more followers than conor.
Conor has slightly more than Floyd, and floyd has more insta followers than any other boxer ever.
Conor is the most followed combat athlete on social media ever,
And he's sold more ppv than canelo.

UFC over-saturates the market with PPV, the funny thing is Dana White said 10 years ago that the reason boxing is dying is because of having too many PPVs lo and then he goes and does what he said was killing boxing, gotta love Dana White logic

Funny thing is, the UFC is following the boxing model more closely than boxing itself nowadays. Champions avoiding the best challengers; super weak, watered down undercards, ect. The only part of the model they're not following is the part where the fighters get the majority of the revenue as opposed to the promoters themselves.

Canelo Net Worth - $4.5 million
UFC Net Worth - $3.5 billion

The UFC has invested too much in manlets and women. It's just not as exciting as it used to be

Besides the shitty WMMA, which are often unentertaining and feature fighters with poor records. The good fighters get pushed to the prelims so fewer and fewer people watch them. It seems they're so desperate to find the next Ronda and trying to get one of the females to stick to the audience, they fail to realize the men that could have been bigger stars had they just gotten that same exposure.
Yeah very true, I agree with you. I have been to local amateur MMA shows in the past so I know what amateur MMA looks like, and trust me 99% of the women fighters in UFC are below amateur male MMA, its not even as skilled as that. They are all so uncoordinated and stiff in the striking, there is the odd exception but its just not high level MMA.

So many events too, and everyone looks the same, wearing the same uniforms etc, nothing stands out. Too much point fighting going on too. I love MMA, been watching since UFC 5 when Dan Severn cleaned house and won the tournament, but I swear some of the UFC Fight Night cards are just becoming a chore to watch sometimes.

They try to shove garbage fighters like Sage and Paige and Watersons or whatever her name is down our throats, but they fail to realize that they all gonna lose because they are not very good so just wasting our time trying to build them up into some star which they are not.

Lol delusional we both know it matters, look at lebron james megastar, ronaldo megastar, they all have more followers than conor.

Mainstream sports watched in more countries.

I don't base someones fame based on instagram numbers. I bet I could walk down the street and ask 10 strangers who Conor is and at least half wouldn't have a clue.

I think 217 will do 500-600k.
I would hope that's the minimum they do. If 214 did almost 800k (correct me if I'm wrong, that was off the top of my head) I see no reason 217 can't match that.

Perry vs till as a main event wouldn't sell 100k ppv's.
Perry vs. Till (if it happens) has no business headlining a PPV, but if they can add some solid bouts and have them headline a Fight Night card, I would assume that would do great numbers compared to recent FS1 or UFC on Fox cards.

I would hope that's the minimum they do. If 214 did almost 800k (correct me if I'm wrong, that was off the top of my head) I see no reason 217 can't match that.
I hope so. It would be nice for it to do 800 ish, but 214 had a lot more build up and more gravitas.

Perry vs. Till (if it happens) has no business headlining a PPV, but if they can add some solid bouts and have them headline a Fight Night card, I would assume that would do great numbers compared to recent FS1 or UFC on Fox cards.
The way I look at it is it needs to be a co main for say a Conor card, I know it doesn't have the name value but people will be watching regardless and when they see how entertaining these 2 are you know they'll be googling them.

Problem is the ufc doesn't have enough stars to promote the next generation of fighters.

I hope so. It would be nice for it to do 800 ish, but 214 had a lot more build up and more gravitas.
Yea but wasn't most of the build up just for the main event? That's for good reason because IMO DC/Jones was the most anticipated fight of the year, but I think a lot more regional fans will tune into 217 with GSP owning Canada and Bisping having a UK following. Plus casuals will see 3 title fights and be intrigued, and most every "die hard" can't wait for TJ/Cody... I just think the mix of fights appealing to casuals and die hard fans will push this one up to 750+ range.

Mainstream sports watched in more countries.

I don't base someones fame based on instagram numbers. I bet I could walk down the street and ask 10 strangers who Conor is and at least half wouldn't have a clue.
Yea And they would know who canelo is...lol or tripple ggg..
you're just ducking the facts
Conor is the most followed combate athlete on social media and hes sold more ppv than canelo

Back