LETHAL WEAPON 5 Possibly in the Works with Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Director Richard Donner

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
LETHAL WEAPON 5 Possibly in the Works with Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Director Richard Donner

09sIxyl.png

It looks like the band just might back together. Deadline hears that Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Richard Donner are all huddling on the possibility of doing another film for the the Lethal Weapon franchise.

In the scenario Deadline has heard Donner would direct and Channing Gibson (Lethal Weapon 4) would script. There are many moving parts, but Deadline hears that all are on board and exploring another film.

It would move forward, of course, at Warner Bros., the studio that has brought audiences four in the franchise. The buddy action comedy was a major hit for the studio under the Bob Daly, Terry Semel regime when it first launched in 1987 and together the four have pulled in $955.2M worldwide. The last one was released in 1998. The film also spawned a TV series as well.

The Lethal Weapon film franchise followed an LAPD homcide cop (Glover) who is partnered with another cop who was transferred over from the narc squad (Gibson). They are reluctantly paired with very different ideas of policing and have an ongoing feud until the must rely on each other for their lives.

‘Lethal Weapon’ 5? Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Richard Donner Exploring It At Warner Bros.

Now they really are too old for this shit...

Technically it's Lethal Weapon 6

I'd watch.

But how are they going to deal with the fucking TV show as the shows are supposed to be the same characters I thought?

Fucking WB jumping the gun on everything. They have two different Deadshots, two different Deathstrokes, two different fucking Boomerangs, 2 different Flashes.

Like, WTF guys.

Chris Rock is too old for this, nevermind Danny Glover. If anything Glover needs a desk job for this installment. Murtaugh might break a hip!

Hollywood stop. Please. No more dragging old series and actors into a new sequel.

The neighbor kids are getting in their flower bed at the retirement home. Things escalate from there.

Rumors circulating about a cane toting threat saying "Get out of my yard."

iu

@One MMA Fan

The neighbor kids are getting in their flower bed at the retirement home. Things escalate from there.

Rumors circulating about a cane toting threat saying "Get out of my yard."

iu

@One MMA Fan

I will watch it!

Love the franchise even saw the first season of that TV series.

I wish they made it a tad sooner like 10 years ago or something but better late then never Mel still has it that smaller budget Blood Father rocked.. hey that reminds me Wildo did you see it ?

200340-L-LO.jpg

Yes!!!!! So much yes!!!!

Please bring back Pesci as well.

09sIxyl.png

It looks like the band just might back together. Deadline hears that Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Richard Donner are all huddling on the possibility of doing another film for the the Lethal Weapon franchise.

In the scenario Deadline has heard Donner would direct and Channing Gibson (Lethal Weapon 4) would script. There are many moving parts, but Deadline hears that all are on board and exploring another film.

It would move forward, of course, at Warner Bros., the studio that has brought audiences four in the franchise. The buddy action comedy was a major hit for the studio under the Bob Daly, Terry Semel regime when it first launched in 1987 and together the four have pulled in $955.2M worldwide. The last one was released in 1998. The film also spawned a TV series as well.

The Lethal Weapon film franchise followed an LAPD homcide cop (Glover) who is partnered with another cop who was transferred over from the narc squad (Gibson). They are reluctantly paired with very different ideas of policing and have an ongoing feud until the must rely on each other for their lives.

‘Lethal Weapon’ 5? Mel Gibson, Danny Glover and Richard Donner Exploring It At Warner Bros.

Crazy thing is.

In 2011 I got to know this guy who worked on the Lethal Weapons set. Behind camera.

They are literally too old for this shit!

One of worst aspects about franchises is that it allows once great actors/movie stars who are over the hill to milk their legacies in old age to stay relevant. Harrison Ford is the king of that.

Back