Mexico’s Record Violence Is a Crisis 20 Years in the Making

Yes, they have a few shows of force but 99.9% of the time the criminals run the place. It's a failed state dude.

The most succesful failed state.

And i agree that criminals run the place, white collar criminals.

The corruption seems so widespread that it will take at least 10 years to fix it, no matter the solution. It stated in the article that in 2021 a few officials would have to stand for re-election, but not all. They didn't go into any detail, but which officials face a popular vote and which ones still get appointed by their party? Is it national pols face a vote, while local mayors get appointed? If that's the case, it basically ignores all of the corruption at the local level, which directly impacts Mexican citizens on a daily basis. Do you feel that this is a step in the right direction, or just more kicking the can down the street?

The article points that re-election constitutional reform takes place in 2021, Mexico has has for decades power rotation, lawmakers and mayors serve 3 years terms, governors, senators and presidents serve 6 years. But drug lords, corrupt mayors and other criminals funnel money into political campaigns which is causing them to inaction.

Also, Mexico already had a constitutional reform of the justice system, but as of now we dont have many positions filled because of the 2018 presidential elections and a lot of political mess over the ruling party being in just so many corruption scandals.

Tenochtitlan must rise again.

Yes, they have a few shows of force but 99.9% of the time the criminals run the place. It's a failed state dude.

Mexico's crime rate doesn't even crack the Central/South American top five. If Mexico is a failed state, I wouldn't even know what to call places Haiti, Honduras, and Somalia.

Mexico needs

Duterte_on_the_cover_of_Esquire_Magazine_March_2015._Photo_by_Jason_Quibilan___Esq.jpg

Mexico's crime rate doesn't even crack the Central/South American top five. If Mexico is a failed state, I wouldn't even know what to call places Haiti, Honduras, and Somalia.

Mexico is a partially failed state, several regions of Mexico are as bad as these regions your mention.

So you've never been to Juarez.
So you have never been to Mexico?
It’s actually pretty nice and safe, but if you fuck with the wrong people you will end up dead just like any part of the world

Mexico is a partially failed state, several regions of Mexico are as bad as these regions your mention.
Lol
WTF are talking about, have you ever been to the ghetto in Detroit, Chicago, NY, LA, etc.?
Believe me when I tell you that you haven’t seen shit yet if you haven’t been in a real ghetto yet.....
<DisgustingHHH>

So you have never been to Mexico?
It’s actually pretty nice and safe, but if you fuck with the wrong people you will end up dead just like any part of the world
I go to Mexico almost weekly.

Lol
WTF are talking about, have you ever been to the ghetto in Detroit, Chicago, NY, LA, etc.?
Believe me when I tell you that you haven’t seen shit yet if you haven’t been in a real ghetto yet.....
<DisgustingHHH>
No, those areas are bad and are not to be fucked with but many areas in Mexico are straight out of a fictional universe where there's no law, and truck loads of bodies are dumped in the open to send messages.

One step would be for drugs to be legalized and sold under strictly controlled stores and heavy taxation.

Then money from the war on drugs could be allocated to combat corruption, violent crime etc.

Wasnt Mexico already corrupt like 100yrs ago?
The only thing thats really changed is the drug cartels using that system in their favor nowadays.

Wasnt Mexico already corrupt like 100yrs ago?
The only thing thats really changed is the drug cartels using that system in their favor nowadays.

And democracy making the response more sluggish and useless.

Lol
<DisgustingHHH>

No, but you also havent been to the rural areas of Guerrero.

Back