War Room OT Discussion v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I tried boxing was the last time I tried boxing. I realized quickly that getting hit in the head is fuckin stupid.

Well if you take a guy who gets hit in the head for a living. The odds of him getting a concussion are greater than the average pop and so are the odds he would get a second. But yeah, I admit that you are more likely to get one if you already had one. I was just looking shit up and girls are much more likely to get concussions.

• Girls playing high school soccer suffer concussions 68 percent more often than boys playing the same sport;
  • Girls appear more susceptible to concussions in sports like soccer and basketball than boys;
  • Concussion rates in high school basketball were almost 3 times higher for girls than for boys;

Read more: http://www.momsteam.com/health-safety/concussions-women-more-succeptible#ixzz4x1S6R8Vu
I bet girls get more concussions because of thinner skulls and weaker necks

Boxer Johnny Owen died because he had an usually fragile skull, his KO loss wasn't particularly brutal from what I remember and it just seems to make sense to me

1b2d06d9ebd8465d2fe2e4d18c61e3af.jpg
Dwarfed...

That's not the only way to do it, but, yeah, it's a good idea in general. Or I'd really recommend regular people not try to buy individual stocks. Remember that gains from the market as a whole generally come from a small number of extreme outperformers, and it's very hard to predict which ones they will be.

BTW, I wasn't sold on Perry before (I predicted he'd top out as a lower top-10 type who is fun to watch after his fight with Roberts), but I'm starting to buy him as a top prospect.

Sounds like a good idea.

I can't really comment on Ford or any other company without doing a lot of work. I will say that I don't like their governance, and that you should take a close look at working capital. At a glance, looks like some real issues there...

My shot spotter stock is up 10% today. Wonder if the Manhattan shooting caused it.

Twitter is falling too.

;)

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on the Bisping GSP line? I would have expected it to be the other way around, Bisping being a slight favorite.

What are people's thoughts on the Bisping GSP line? I would have expected it to be the other way around, Bisping being a slight favorite.
Betting action from the last couple weeks agrees with you. I like Bisping here too.

Betting action from the last couple weeks agrees with you. I like Bisping here too.
Size advantage, great cardio, tough, great TDD, etc.. GSP on a long layoff and an injury mixed in there, stepping up in weight, doesn't have big power. Hard to see this going his way unless Bisping has an off night.

Size advantage, great cardio, tough, great TDD, etc.. GSP on a long layoff and an injury mixed in there, stepping up in weight, doesn't have big power. Hard to see this going his way unless Bisping has an off night.
His striking has been pretty sharp too. I can't imagine GSP standing with Bisping on Bisping's terms and having any success. I also find it hard to imagine GSP's takedowns being enough of a threat to stifle Bisping's boxing. All of the x-factors are in Bisping's favor, except perhaps the general athletic awesomeness of GSP (old knees tho?).

His striking has been pretty sharp too. I can't imagine GSP standing with Bisping on Bisping's terms and having any success. I also find it hard to imagine GSP's takedowns being enough of a threat to stifle Bisping's boxing. All of the x-factors are in Bisping's favor, except perhaps the general athletic awesomeness of GSP (old knees tho?).
Right, his striking has been very good. And he's tough as nails, so even if GSP has some success he bounces back nicely.

The more I think about it the more I like the Bisping side of the bet.

Right, his striking has been very good. And he's tough as nails, so even if GSP has some success he bounces back nicely.

The more I think about it the more I like the Bisping side of the bet.
I expected the line to open slightly in Bisping's favor, and then move toward Bisping a little more. How confident are you in this one? I'm not all that confident because it's a weird matchup in a lot of ways, and GSP's conditioning is such a variable.

I expected the line to open slightly in Bisping's favor, and then move toward Bisping a little more. How confident are you in this one? I'm not all that confident because it's a weird matchup in a lot of ways, and GSP's conditioning is such a variable.
Well, it's MMA lol but I feel pretty confident. I'd make a strong bet, but not bet the house. I think the line should be something like -175 Bisping.

The X factor for me is GSP never fucks around with good strikers, so it's hard to gauge how a standup fight goes. Look at the Diaz, Hardy, Condit, etc. fights and he brings the fight to his strengths, which he is a master of, but I think Bisping is well rounded himself. The lack of power for GSP and Bisping's size gives the edge to Bisping.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and confidence level.

Talked about this earlier. @JudoThrowFiasco likes Bisping, too.

I just think we have no idea what GSP will look like. I have no confidence in Bisping against any decent opponent, though.

Well, it's MMA lol but I feel pretty confident. I'd make a strong bet, but not bet the house. I think the line should be something like -175 Bisping.

The X factor for me is GSP never fucks around with good strikers, so it's hard to gauge how a standup fight goes. Look at the Diaz, Hardy, Condit, etc. fights and he brings the fight to his strengths, which he is a master of, but I think Bisping is well rounded himself. The lack of power for GSP and Bisping's size gives the edge to Bisping.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and confidence level.
I'm like -140 Bisping but I'm conservative. That should normally lead me to make a decent-sized bet, but I see too much uncertainty in my prediction. I'll bet small if anything.

Do you think it all comes down to whether the TD threat allows GSP to bully him? Is there another dynamic that is so important? Closest we have to this is GSP-Hendricks, which exposed GSP to a degree, but it's probably not a great comparison. We have Bisping doing okay against Chael (I thought he won) and his TDD has only improved along with his accuracy and power.

wait wut?
not really following McUFC these days.
that's the matchup?
The Count vs. GSP?
UFC gonna see mega ppv's for that one.

I'm like -140 Bisping but I'm conservative. That should normally lead me to make a decent-sized bet, but I see too much uncertainty in my prediction. I'll bet small if anything.

Do you think it all comes down to whether the TD threat allows GSP to bully him? Is there another dynamic that is so important? Closest we have to this is GSP-Hendricks, which exposed GSP to a degree, but it's probably not a great comparison. We have Bisping doing okay against Chael (I thought he won) and his TDD has only improved along with his accuracy and power.

I laid down a bet on Bisping. All the factors already mentioned + the betting line made it too tempting not to.

Bisping has done pretty decent against larger and solid grapplers (although the Leites fight has me a bit concerned) and has great cardio, good technical boxing and underrated scrambling. GSP is a complete question-mark but the layoff, age and injuries are not exactly pros in his column. If GSP was a brawler or an explosive striker i would be way more apprehensive but i just dont see him being able to get Mike in any real trouble -- the rinse and repeat jab wont work(i hope).

I think the closest facsimile GSP faced is Diaz but Nick showed no real offensive agression and typical 0 TDD.

The thing that gives me the biggest ?!?!? is that GSP is a cerebral and paranoid mother-quebec'ér and wouldnt take this fight if he truly does not think he can win.

Still. Bisping wins -- confidence level at 70%

Side Question: Is anyone else way more excited for the CG v TJD fight??? Its going to look like two Jack Russel Terriers on meth going after each other.

wait wut?
not really following McUFC these days.
that's the matchup?
The Count vs. GSP?
UFC gonna see mega ppv's for that one.

I have heard it isnt selling well. I mentioned this fight to a casual recently and they said, "What year is it?" It won't be anything close to what Connor brings in.

Talked about this earlier. @JudoThrowFiasco likes Bisping, too.

I just think we have no idea what GSP will look like. I have no confidence in Bisping against any decent opponent, though.

What? He beat Rockhold. He is fuckin scrappy. He barely lost to Rashad. Barely lost to Chael. GSP gets hit a lot. Bisping is a volume puncher with great tdd and good at getting up when taken down.

It was hell for SOnnen and others to get him down and stay there. Good luck GSP. You will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back