Marc Goddards New Statement.

There should be a lighting system around the cage that would turn on as part of the end of round horn.

You obviously did not read or understand what Goddard wrote. Try reading again real, real SLOW this time after taking Conor's weewee out of your mouth (obviously Conor's wee wee is blocking part of your vision).
As if it's substantial enough to block anyones vision. Even Lim would have a clear field of sight.

Yeah I got a few paragraphs in and was like 'seems like Conor was right, if the guy is still on the floor from a concussive blow etc etc why are you still unsure?'

tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

There should be a lighting system around the cage that would turn on as part of the end of round horn.

lol damn. Somebody stops to think without emotion and positive change might come from this. The fuck are you doing here?

Colin fans are wastes of skin. It's an embarassment that this man even has to explain anything to anyone.

So Goddard might have made a split second wrong decision that could have been rectified pretty quickly and the fighter needing treatment been seen too and everything could have been sorted pretty easily if some cockhead hadnt jumped into a cage he had no business being in. Then started pushing and shoving and slapping officials then trying to later claim he was just worried about the guy on the floor despite being in the arms of the victor , Cheering and screaming loudly like a whiskeyed up scooby doo.

Ya, that is what I saw also. I really can't believe there are so many people defending the guy for being an idiot. I mean really, if you showed the footage to anyone who had no idea who Conor was, I am sure they would say he was being an idiot.

Fuck people, you love him, we get it. But wrong is wrong, would you be a terrible parent and make excuses for little timmy when he steals and enable him to become a worse piece of shit just because you love him or do you accept the truth and address the problem? What is wrong with these people?

Lol. How does this change any of what Conor did?
It doesn't, Conor was out of order being in the cage so quickly, but that and the push from Goddard explains the anger Conor showed.

When Fan Man tried to interrupt Holyfield vs Bowe, he landed on the top rope and was savagely beaten by fans and security.

Stay out of the cage until the people in change let you in.

The UFC even bans reporters for not towing the company line.

I got like 5 paragraphs in before I scrolled to see I wasn’t even a 3rd into it, said fuck it

Of course, because when you're in the right and you have multiple personal PR yes men, agents and lawyers on speed dial it always takes 5 days to release an official statement.

I don't know who's more full of shit... Conor himself or his legion of drama queens lapping it up.

"Panicked" is clearly your biased imagination to support your agenda in posting this drivel...and when did Goddard try to "make Redmond continue"?

Any subject line that starts with "Lol" is garbage...should've known better than to click on this crap. Ignoring all future threads started by TS.

Bottom line - McNugget had no business entering the cage at that point and he ignored the ref's instructions to get the fu*ck out...then the situation escalated. Conor believes he can act with impunity. The UFC created this megalomaniacal sociopath.

Marc Goddard

"The 1st round was progressing and passing without incident and subsequently my involvement. As the round drew to a close the 10 second warning sounded and that was heard and acknowledged by me. Soon after Charlie Ward connected with a left hand that slumped John Redmond to his knees. At this exact point I could not and had not made my determination that John was either out of the contest or not in the position to intelligently defend himself.

The punch and action that followed naturally resulted in a surge of crowd noise, one that was so significant I had already made my determination that I could not audibly hear the bell sound for the end of the round, I had made my decision to step in with the belief that bell had indeed been sounded, when in actual fact it had not. This is a critical fact to the ensuing proceedings.

At this point on my step in, and you will clearly see from the video replay that I only step across and do not wave the fight off. Charlie Ward, understandably so had reeled off in celebration thinking that I had indeed ended the contest and not as I had actually done, called time on what I believed to be the end of the round. Two distinctly different endings."

Goddard was actually trying to let that fight continue. He admits in his own statement that he did not hear the bell and panicked, stepping between the 2 fighters before the round was over. He stopped the fight, but wanted to let a KO'd fighter continue because he panicked 1 second before the bell, because of the crowd noise. That is his official statement.

So...

1) Goddard prematurely stepped in. (Panicked with a second left, but was not stopping the fight)

2) Goddard tried to reverse his own decision. (After stopping Ward with time left, fight is over)

3) Goddard tried to make Redmond continue. (Clearly done)

But obviously only a fool would think that's gonna change more than 1 or 2 opinions here on the incident. We all know this hatred is internal. No way you can watch that and say Redmond should have been allowed to continue. But him getting bumped into was enough to crucify Conor. What do you say to Goddard wanting to send him back into a fight?

Okay but...you're still just some guy who breached security and jumped in the cage.

Umm, no. It was Conor McGregor, not just some guy. If some random guy jumped the cage he'd just get punched. McGregor get's special priveleges for what he's done with the sport. And rightfully so.

Back