UPDATE 3/6/18: Trump to RE-re-allow imports of African elephant trophies for cronies (case-by-case)

???

The host countries make the laws about the ability to trophy hunt/"slay the beasts."

This is allowing imports of the carcasses, incentivizing commercialization of tusks, etc. This legitimately strengthens the market for elephant cadavers by making them legal in our commerce. The ability to kill them was never and could never be impeded by our laws, but this creates a commercial incentive to go over there, kill an elephant, and then sell its ivory.

so we both agree that this has nothing to do with "poor Africans who are struggling to survive cannot kill elephants". Strengthening the market for elephant cadavers will in the end benefit the "poor Africans who are struggling to survive"

Read my other post again: they won't allow the native to SELL but allow foreigners to HUNT. My argument is that allowing foreigners to hunt is just like allowing the natives to SELL, because that's their way of SELLING the parts - collectively as a nation.

Last edited:
This is one of those things where literally the only reason I can see him doing it is to spite Obama.
DOubXRUVAAAxL5x.jpg

You misread my post. I said that strengthening the market for elephant cadavers is a negative effect of this deregulation, as it clearly promotes hunting the animals for economic purposes.

Well that's what I get for posting 7 Bourbons deep. My apologies sir.

so we both agree that this has nothing to do with "poor Africans who are struggling to survive cannot kill elephants". Strengthening the market for elephant cadavers will in the end benefit the "poor Africans who are struggling to survive"

Read my other post again: they won't allow the native to SELL but allow foreigners to HUNT. My argument is that allowing foreigners to hunt is just like allowing the natives to SELL, because that's their way of SELLING the parts - collectively as a nation.

Yes, I agree with this re the functional definition of "selling parts."

I do think, at least without context, that's a silly quote. But it is definitely true that allowing imports of the elephants into the US market incentivizes the non-preservation-related killing of these animals by not only the paying trophy hunters, but by those very same poor Africans i.e. poachers. So the aggregate economic effect is likely positive for the African country, at least in the short term, but it's also really fucked up and contrary to meaningful preservation.

Well that's what I get for posting 7 Bourbons deep. My apologies sir.

No worries, I do that all the time.

What's your brand?

Wasn't Teddy an environmentalist?

He probably wouldn't support the killings of elephants now that they're a vulnerable species

Interesting; you had enough time to write a response, but not to read my post.

Culling of elephants is still acceptable, though debated.

Can't say I'm an expert on hunting African elephants, so can anyone tell me why this is OK?
It incentivizes the preservation of the herd. The biggest bull is worth the most money to both the locals and the hunters. A healthy herd is the most likely way to create big bulls.

Interesting; you had enough time to write a response, but not to read my post.

Culling of elephants is still acceptable, though debated.
I read it, you made it seem as if though Teddy said it, and times have changed. The African Elephant is a vulnerable species.

Remember when idiots thought Trump's goal was improving America, and not just fucking over Obama? Silly bitches.

probably influenced by junior

hunt30n-9-web.jpg

Nothing says "I shot and killed this animal" like spotless clothes and a clean knife.

EDIT - I saw the blood on his pants. So I guess he went through all the trouble of jumping off the land rover to cut the tail off. My bad. He's only 99.999999% cunt.

I read it, you made it seem as if though Teddy said it, and times have changed.

That's my mistake; Teddy didn't say it, it's from the web.

Here's another:

"The subject of elephant culling is also a massive issue for animal rights’ activists, who argue that any sort of population control is immoral and barbaric.

Elephants wreak havoc on their environment and require vast swathes of land to survive. Proponents of the process argue that elephants must be culled in order to prevent them from overpopulating a limited area of space or encroaching on growing human settlements and accommodation, particularly In Addo Elephant Park.

Culling requires that a large amount of animals are slaughtered at once and oftentimes entire herds are completely wiped out to limit the emotional impact it would have on any survivors, particularly would-be orphaned calves.

Despite the practice being abolished in 1995, the culling of elephants has since been reintroduced in South Africa. This decision, taken by the South African government in 2008, comes despite the fact that the overall population of elephants on the continent continues to decline.

The sordid nature of slaughtering these animals has prompted vets to search for alternatives; and a group of 17 scientists may have found a viable option in the chemical castration of bull elephants.

Although African elephant populations are under pressure‚ in southern Africa fertility control is warranted as capacities in smaller‚ fenced game reserves are exceeded‚” researchers from the University of Pretoria’s Onderstepoort faculty of veterinary science and the National Zoological Gardens of SA are quoted as saying by Business Day."

https://www.woodall-addo.co.za/new-alternative-elephant-culling/

My first really genuine fucks sake concerning Trumpy. Kill the symbol man. Yeah shit, I dunno, I eat cows and pigs, fish etc. Im thankful for it. I even own ivory. Theres something so fucked about hunting that particular creature to me though. Actually Im gonna spur of the moment say hunting elephant is the most shameful hunt on the planet. Unless its with a spear alone.

i wonder if it has anything to do with his ugly son being an elephant hunter?

bigger problem than hunting imo is their habitat being reduced massively. still, what a stupid decision which is obviously just to please his rich trophy hunting friends.

I am very pro-environmental protection,, but have no qualms with big game hunting.

If a country wants to allow the hunt, and the trophies are not going to contribute to the ivory trade.

What is the big deal?

Back