UPDATE 3/6/18: Trump to RE-re-allow imports of African elephant trophies for cronies (case-by-case)

I just found this, it looks like it's around $30,000 for a 10 day hunt and to get yourself an elephant trophy. If you ask me they could jack the price tremendously considering their clientele.
I https://www.discountafricanhunts.com/hunts/elephant-hunt-in-zimbabwe.html
I agree that sounds very cheap for an elephant hunt. I would guess these are for old cull elephants where you kill the one they tell you to kill rather than a strictly trophy hunt where the hunter gets to target the biggest bull possible.

I agree that sounds very cheap for an elephant hunt. I would guess these are for old cull elephants where you kill the one they tell you to kill rather than a strictly trophy hunt where the hunter gets to target the biggest bull possible.

It would be nice to hear if that were true. If the Bull has already spread it's seed for years and the culling of it pumps money into the conservation of the species, it's win win. You're basically just saving the elephant from the worst death imaginable, probably literally being eaten alive.

Sweet. My cousin has elephant feet stools at the front door. You can feel the hairs on the ankles/legs.

When he goes on these hunts the local population gets the meat and he keeps the trophy

The people who allow these hunts to take place and those who take part in the hunts deserve the same fate as the elephants they kill.

Sweet. My cousin has elephant feet stools at the front door. You can feel the hairs on the ankles/legs.

When he goes on these hunts the local population gets the meat and he keeps the trophy

Is he a millionaire?

That would be so badass to have elephant tusks on my wall. Like an arch you walk under to enter/exit the house.

Let me get my safari booked. I need an elephant trophy for the babies room.

You're basically just saving the elephant from the worst death imaginable, probably literally being eaten alive.
By the same logic, why am I not allowed to shoot your head? I'm basically just saving you from cancer.

By the same logic, why am I not allowed to shoot your head? I'm basically just saving you from cancer.

No. An elephant in the wild has almost a 100 percent probability of being eaten alive even if it lives a long life. That's the way it ends for them.

I on the other hand have a large probability of dying of old age with little pain.

Thanks for assuming I'll die of cancer ya fuck!

Lol.

That would be so badass to have elephant tusks on my wall. Like an arch you walk under to enter/exit the house.
Inadvertently you have highlighted why this shouldn't be happening, the only way to stop illegal hunting is to stop all ivory trade , having some of it be able to be legally acquired makes it harder to stop the illegal trade .

If their numbers increased that might change my opinion

This actually pisses me off more than anything else trump has done

That's fucking disgusting

Why is that disgusting? If you don't agree with it then don't go hunting. I would love to take down an elephant but it's very expensive to hunt one of those today. Many of our greatest leaders were trophy hunters.

This is one of those things where literally the only reason I can see him doing it is to spite Obama.
True. At this point its basically Obama supported it so i am going too fuck it up.

Yes, I agree with this re the functional definition of "selling parts."

I do think, at least without context, that's a silly quote. But it is definitely true that allowing imports of the elephants into the US market incentivizes the non-preservation-related killing of these animals by not only the paying trophy hunters, but by those very same poor Africans i.e. poachers. So the aggregate economic effect is likely positive for the African country, at least in the short term, but it's also really fucked up and contrary to meaningful preservation.

No worries, I do that all the time.

What's your brand?

A lot of time the money used for this sort of thing goes towards preservation. They don't want all the elephants dead otherwise there's no reason to come and hunt. Also poachers aren't involved in this in fact poachers are often killed by the people who own these animals.

Is the concern that this will increase the number of people from the US paying for trophy hunts?

Presumably with the following concern that this will lead to a decrease in the number of elephants over the long term.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back