Poll: 77% of Democrats with 4-Year Degrees Think Sex Not Determined at Birth (Gender Mega Thread)

ouch

snowflakes by brutal stoppage in this thread

any repub intellectuals care to bear the flag here?

cecil peoples even scored this one 29-28 for the safe space crowd

What's to rebut? You equated transgender people to fucking furries, it shouldn't need a long in depth explanation as to why that's some of the dumbest shit man has ever come up with.

Here's your rebuttal, nothing you've said has had any validity up to this point with regards to the topic. We probably should have discussed the mating habits of Cougars as that would have had more insight than the vapid idiocy that you call argumentation. If you got a lobotomy, it would probably make the entire IQ of the world go up a full standard deviation.

holy shit.

i havent seen a beating like that since rodney king

When you respond to an article without reading it, and then insult a group of people on a false basis who don't believe what you are representing them as believing, you open the door to insults.

Frankly, if I should be apologizing to anyone, it's to children.

If I post an article with the headline "77% of Republicans hate black people" when inside it merely points to a study showing that 77% of Republicans don't believe black people face meaningful racial discrimination, I would be guilty of what you all are and I would welcome your insults and slaps on the wrist.
its super cute that you are trying to pretend gender hasnt always been a synonym for sex

its super cute that you are trying to pretend gender hasnt always been a synonym for sex

Yes, it had been until a few decades ago, when the two were differentiated along biological versus anthropological lines and when so little was known about behavior that it could be inaccurately linked to genitalia and not social history and codes.

What's your point?

So, the fact you couldn't differential "sex" and "gender" in your own title says a lot.

Yes, it had been until a few decades ago, when the two were differentiated along biological versus anthropological lines and when so little was known about behavior that it could be inaccurately linked to genitalia and not social history and codes.

What's your point?
My point is gender is still a synonym for sex.

What you are describing sounds like gender role.

Gender does not describe behavior. I dont even see how you can pretend it does in this poll.

So, the fact you couldn't differential "sex" and "gender" in your own title says a lot.
it would if they werent synonymous

I agree the TS is not an accurate representation, but the ideology that is being pushed by the radical minority doesn't stand up to reason.

Sure it does, if you are willing to use reason and not "common sense" which is based on assumptions you usually develop prior to actual intellectual and reasonable thought.

The easiest way to think of it: Gender is the way in which you determine a person on sight in a casual sense. If you see a transgender woman, and do not know she was once biologically male, as all her attributes, activities, and actions were that of what you discern as a woman.... it would be irrational to call her a man. That is a woman. In regards to her biological print, she is male by birth. That can be altered but the fact remains a "male woman" is not a contradiction in though. It is just a mindfuck for those who aren't used to it.

Took me a solid year to wrap my head around the proper pronoun for my cousin's husband being "he" and "his"... but at this point it'd be downright insane to say "she" given the beard, activities, mannerisms etc...

My point is gender is still a synonym for sex.

What you are describing sounds like gender role.

My definition is the one employed in the study, so the semantic history is irrelevant. Pew used it as a synonym for gender role, which is the common modern usage.

Gender does not describe behavior. I dont even see how you can pretend it does in this poll.

it would if they werent synonymous

Reread the study. You're being intentionally obtuse. If they were meaning "synonymous with sex," they'd have used "sex."

The continued promotion of mental illness to garner votes is probably one of the things that disturbs me most about today's democrats.

The continued promotion of mental illness to garner votes is probably one of the things that disturbs me most about today's democrats.
I agree that the Right Wing needs to stop pandering to people that believe in bearded ghosts in the sky and zombie magicians from thousands of years ago. But I'm not sure how that applies here.

So what about people born with both genitalia?
Those are national treasures and we should revere them as Gods.

I agree that the Right Wing needs to stop pandering to people that believe in bearded ghosts in the sky and zombie magicians from thousands of years ago. But I'm not sure how that applies here.
You're in the wrong thread. Make a thread about God and maybe I'll post my opinions in it. Would you like to comment on the post I actually made or would you prefer to fuck off?

You're in the wrong thread. Make a thread about God and maybe I'll post my opinions in it. Would you like to comment on the post I actually made or would you prefer to fuck off?
I'm not the one who brought up the wrong thing. I'm just confused why you're talking about the right pandering to the mentally ill in a thread about Gender, which the OP confused with biological sex. Care to explain?

I'm not the one who brought up the wrong thing. I'm just confused why you're talking about the right pandering to the mentally ill in a thread about Gender, which the OP confused with biological sex. Care to explain?
The transgender movement is promotion of mental illness. Plain and simple. If you're a biological man and believe you're a woman, its because something is wrong in your head. Let society say your actually a woman all you want but you're not. You're still a man. When scientists study his fossils in 10 million years, he will be identified as a man because thats what he is.

People are mutilating themselves based on this confusion that the left is feeding on. Its disgusting.

The transgender movement is promotion of mental illness.
I think you're confused on what "illness" is.

Plain and simple.
Is it though? Or do you just like making neat little boxes and trying to jam people into them because you hate expanding the ole mind grapes?

If you're a biological man and believe you're a woman, its because something is wrong in your head.
Do you though? Or do you just not like it and so you're demanding people act in accordance with what makes you comfortable?

Let society say your actually a woman all you want but you're not.You're still a man.
*you're* and you were still born biologically male. You are a woman.

When scientists study his fossils in 10 million years, he will be identified as a man because thats what he is.
I don't think the transgender individual is too concerned about what a scientist says 10 million years from now about his biology. I think the transgender individual cares about how he or she is treated in society today regarding his gender identity.

People are mutilating themselves based on this confusion that the left is feeding on. Its disgusting.
Is it though? Or is it just making you uncomfortable because you can't understand it?

My definition is the one employed in the study, so the semantic history is irrelevant. Pew used it as a synonym for gender role, which is the common modern usage.

Reread the study. You're being intentionally obtuse. If they were meaning "synonymous with sex," they'd have used "sex."
I cannot find where they define gender. Please explain to me how it is not synoymous with sex.

I would like to know the differences between sex, gender, and gender role

I cannot find where they define gender. Please explain to me how it is not synoymous with sex.

I would like to know the differences between sex, gender, and gender role

Sex - Anatomical Distinction
Gender - Identity Distinction
GRole - Societal Distinction
Fin

Back