Keystone pipeline leaks 210K gallons of oil in South Dakota

I think what would help this situation most is to get rid of encumbering governmental regulations that keep corporations from making more profits.

I know all about gas in wells, I've lost friends and family to well explosions. I drive by flares every day. If you go back up, I said derailed trains tend to go boom.
And if you read the first sentence in the post you quoted, coupled with the actual examples I gave, then were sitting right back here on my side on the fence

I would not be surprised if it was sabotage by enviro wackos.

If you transport liquids, leaks will happen. I wonder if those protesters had a viable alternative to meet our needs for energy until we do go green. I'm willing to bet the answer is no.

We need to switch completely to ethanol. Then we solve the hunger crisis.

Drill Baby Drill.

It is amazing 100 years ago we communicated using the telegraph, and now we walk around with cell phone. Still using oil but everything else has progressed.

Several trains carrying the same oil derailed and spilled while the pipeline was stalled during the obama administration and it hardly made the news

Pipelines not being the absolute worse way to transport oil does not in any way let this oil company off the hook for making a shitty pipe.

This pipeline was built in 2010. There's pipes 5 decades older built with much less tech that don't leak. They cut corners, designed poorly, or didn't properly engineer and build this section...more than likely to save cost.

It seems they need oversight so they do better but this administration are cucks for corporate interest so it won't happen.

'210k Gallons' sounds like alot more than '2,100 Barrels.'

And I just looked up the capacity of these oil tanks being transported by commercial trucks on interstates -

many-gallons-tanker-truck-hold_98cd8f85aa0d92b4.jpg

- 11,600 gallons.

So the total amount of oil that was leaked was enough to fill 18.1 oil tanks.

Just another example of environmentalists trying to make a Mt Everest out of a mole hill.

Even if they're making it look worse that's still a shitload of oil impacting the environment no matter how you slice it. In other words it's fucked up

Pipelines not being the absolute worse way to transport oil does not in any way let this oil company off the hook for making a shitty pipe.

This pipeline was built in 2010. There's pipes 5 decades older built with much less tech that don't leak. They cut corners, designed poorly, or didn't properly engineer and build this section...more than likely to save cost.

It seems they need oversight so they do better but this administration are cucks for corporate interest so it won't happen.
True
Read greg palsts pieces on oil pipelines theyve been cutting corners for years ! Robotic devices that move along inside pipes (smart pigs ) to check for potential weakness or fatigue has software written to ignore many flaws!
For the oil companies the loss in replacing the piping is far less than adverage fines and thats if it ever gets that far!

Bottom line theres little the underfunded regulators can do esp when the politicans they must report to for any action to take place are already bought and paid for on both sides!

the one good thing about the pipeline that I supported was getting us away from the fucking middle east

For sure. This oil company needs to pay.
How much? Let's settle on a dollar value. I'm sure they can afford it. And who are they gonna pay it to?

'210k Gallons' sounds like alot more than '2,100 Barrels.'

And I just looked up the capacity of these oil tanks being transported by commercial trucks on interstates -

many-gallons-tanker-truck-hold_98cd8f85aa0d92b4.jpg

- 11,600 gallons.

So the total amount of oil that was leaked was enough to fill 18.1 oil tanks.

Just another example of environmentalists trying to make a Mt Everest out of a mole hill.

That's why they didn't use barrels. Gallons are smaller.

moron, without obama he would be completely lost on which policies to enact

this way he can just revert all the obama era stuff and call it a day

You are right man, I personally think pipelines is the way to transport oil but these morons (job creators) who are making record profits always cutting corners to save pennies. Regulation and oversight is a must on this stuff, is that really too much to ask.

Translation - Its not a big deal.

More motor oil leaks out of shitty engines on the interestates for the entire United States in a month, than was leaked in this spill.

Imagine if we applied the same logic to other pollution.

No, using gallons makes it seem like its 100 times worse.

Naw, this is totally new and has never happened before and is 100% Trump's fault.

Let's not fault the oil company and pay for it with taxes again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back