Opinion What's the consensus on Ben Shapiro around here?

• graduated high school two years early.
  • graduated summa cum laude from UCLA.
  • graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School.
  • published seven books by the age of 33.
I would wager that he's a bit better than regular smart.

Plenty of people out there with similar accomplishments, Obama was Magna cum laude from Harvard Law.

Has the left ever had anyone as smart as Ben Shapiro?

As far as Education and IQ level?

Certainly.

But being able to passionatley articulate their views, arguments, and beliefs in a convincing manner? No one even close.

Plenty of people out there with similar accomplishments, Obama was Magna cum laude from Harvard Law.
I would argue that anyone with a similar set of accomplishments to Ben also be classified as a really smart dork.

Yes, but I wouldn't classify Obama, Ben or anyone else that graduated from a top 3 law school as "regular smart"

Anyways, he delievers Pop PoliSci to the eager conservative crowd. He's capable of going deeper but he keeps at a level that sells well.

He's to Poli Sci as Lisa Randall is to pop science. Both academically gifted, both dumb it down to sell.

He's alright, way less of a blowhard than a lot of talk radio. When I listen to his show it's kind of crazy that the guy speaking ever worked at Breitbart. I saw his debate at Politicon and can confirm that College Republicans worship the ground he stands on.

The "Friends of Hamas" story and that garbage Columbus Day cartoon that made him go sleepless for 24 hours before being taken down were low points. Oh, and when he claimed the Obama admin hated Jews (SJW!!) based on absolutely nothing.

Also take great issue with his strong defense of the Iraq War and a column he wrote called "Transfer is not a Dirty Word" back in the early 2000s.

He is a very talented debater and makes some good points on issues like abortion and gun control.

You know he only went to Harvard on his late 20´s, right?

...Which is not at all uncommon for law school. The average entering age for law students hovers around 24-26. It's actually not all that common nowadays to attend law school directly after graduating from college, especially at the top schools. I believe Obama was 27 when he started at HLS, which wouldn't have made him out of place at all (other than the fact he's half black, which is a rarity at HLS). There are plenty of people in law schools in their 30's and even beyond.

Incorrect.

He graduated Harvard Law in his early 20s.

When he owned Piers Morgan when he was 28.
{<huh}

I was talking about the claim that Obama graduating in Harvard, when in fact was only in his late 20´s because of affirmative actions.

Back