Ngannou Punches Harder Than Any Human Ever Measured By UFC

What about the non-humans?

Ecmpv8b_d.jpg

IMG_7772.JPG

Would be curious as to what Anthony Joshua registers.

What's interesting is that both Joshua and Ngannou are tall, relatively slender/narrow framed guys (with a ton of muscle packed on) compared to some of the more ogreish fighters at HW.

Even against Klitschko, I noticed how much naturally wider Wlad was.

JS116129706-joshua-sport_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqTjDU05GrGT-TQEHLZFwoXJv5CJbfwsKy61kPL5xNYfs.jpg

This is in direct contrast to Joe Rogan's theory (which he basically states as fact) that wide shoulders translate to power punching.

Overeem is getting badly hurt, here. Badly hurt.

This fight is going to like watching a car crash in slow motion.
Reem is going to go full point fighter like he did against Werdum thinking he can win a decision with push kicks.
Then, in R3 (or even Rd) he is going to come out and he'll be so ridiculously gassed that he can't move and we just have to watch, helplessly, as Ngannou cocks back and launches the most absurdly telegraphed, explosive, and athletic uppercut the world has ever seen on Reem's Fabergé egg chin. You'll be able to hear people from both corners yelling for Reem to get out of the way of the punch a full second before it lands.

Huh. On an admittedly different (but similar kind of) punching machine, Miocic registered 946:

Maybe the idea of a Joshua/Miocic fight isn't quite as ridiculous after all.

Ngannou is a hard puncher, no doubt, but I don't see how punching marginally harder than Spong is something special.

Spong is a guy who fought under 79 kg in his twenties and even now his optimum weight might be around 90 kg.

Only people I can remember him knocking out is fifty years old Aerts and Remy at his end. Aerts was right back on his feet, but the referee decided to stop it.

Hear that?
That's the sound of a bunch of Sherdoggers just placed a bet on Ovreem getting KO'd.

Yeah and Chris Angel hits harder than GSP....

I'm still in favor of the Reem for the W. I'm banking that his technicality will stifle the raw power of Ngannou.
technical? comon, the dudes got ko'd by Ben fricking Rothwell. His offense is technical but his defense has been lacking his whole career.

meh.. this dude is way overhyped, I think Alistair will expose him as long as he doesn't go full retard

Ngannou is a hard puncher, no doubt, but I don't see how punching marginally harder than Spong is something special.

Spong is a guy who fought under 79 kg in his twenties and even now his optimum weight might be around 90 kg.

Only people I can remember him knocking out is fifty years old Aerts and Remy at his end. Aerts was right back on his feet, but the referee decided to stop it.
Spong is now a juiced to the grills heavyweight boxer and his style is to stalk his opponent to land a fight ending bomb.

They are not all using the same “units”

Notice they said “units” and not wtf a unit was.

Page did that sports science show onetime and did like 3500 ft/lbs

That’s more than Ivan drago.

Also it was more than Tyson was measured at.

Page says.

Gotta put your ass into it, power comes from the ass yall

Would have loved to have seen James Irvin hit that thing in his prime.

Lots of people have said he hits harder than anyone they had ever felt. Too bad punching power doesn’t mean everything.

Ask Ivan drago hahaha

Spong is now a juiced to the grills heavyweight boxer and his style is to stalk his opponent to land a fight ending bomb.

I really can't judge what he's doing in boxing, I've googled his last opponent and it was a 5'7 guy with a total of 20 fights and five losses at 32 Y.O.

But when he used to fight meaningful competition, Spong was suited for LHW, at best.

Back