Economy Bitcoin Doubters, Come Eat Your Crow

I'm rolling in Bitcoin! Muahahahaha!

I better take that shit out soon though. I feel a crash coming.
It is for sure going to crash.

The question is if it is a normal correction or outright crash.

I don't know. I don't see why large bitcoin holders wouldn't want to short the market when the CME futures go live in 2 weeks. I could see that shit blowing up.

I would be surprised if bitcoin ever went lower than a thousand again, though.

It is for sure going to crash.

The question is if it is a normal correction or outright crash.

I don't know. I don't see why large bitcoin holders wouldn't want to short the market when the CME futures go live in 2 weeks. I could see that shit blowing up.

I would be surprised if bitcoin ever went lower than a thousand again, though.

So should I sell or keep?

maybe sell a portion just to have fiat on hand for after the looming crash

Im not selling shit until after the 2020 reward halfing

I can't hold that long, I have horrible debts.

It splits in 2020? I thought it already split.

I can't hold that long, I have horrible debts.

It splits in 2020? I thought it already split.
the mining reward splits in half every 250k mined blocks

for the first 250k blocks, there were 50 bitcoins generated.

It has since halved twice. the current reward is 12.5 coins per block. In 2020 it will half to 6.25.

It will be fucking crazy

It has since halved twice. the current reward is 12.5 coins per block. In 2020 it will half to 6.25.

It will be fucking crazy

Fucking shit. I better not sell. God damn it.

You guys sell all your shit so I'll still be the Official unofficial Sherdog Bitcoin emperor.

I'm not satisfied with making a lot of money with bitcoin. I want everyone else to not make anywhere near as much as me.

I really need to know how to recover the what was once $35 worth of bitcoins I had loaded to a dark web drug website a few years ago.

You guys need to sell like right now. Get your 10 grand! That's a lot of money!

It will be fucking crazy

Mike, what is the best way to store my bitcoins? Leaving it in the exchange websites makes me nervous! Do you recommend online wallets?

You guys need to sell like right now. Get your 10 grand! That's a lot of money!
bro you sold yours at a discount, ive been holding since 2013 i will be just fine when the upcoming crash finally hits
Mike, what is the best way to store my bitcoins? Leaving it in the exchange websites makes me nervous! Do you recommend online wallets?
Fuck no i dont recommend online wallets. I would only put like 2 grand at the most in an online wallet

If you dont have your private keys they arent really your bitcoin.

You need to generate a paper wallet on a computer that is disconnected from the internet.

Ironically what I did with my paper wallet was bury a copy

bro you sold yours at a discount, ive been holding since 2013 i will be just fine when the upcoming crash finally hits

Fuck no i dont recommend online wallets. I would only put like 2 grand at the most in an online wallet

If you dont have your private keys they arent really your bitcoin.

You need to generate a paper wallet on a computer that is disconnected from the internet.

Ironically what I did with my paper wallet was bury a copy

Sounds like a lot of work. This is a pain in the ass for a few grand.

I'm listening to Roger Ver on Rubin right now. I'm going to have to listen to this again then read this thread. o_O

Lol, are you really shitting on a dude that has mad probably a 800% profit on each Bitcoin he owns?
He hasn't made a profit. It's not a profit until you fix the wealth (ie, by selling a portion). Its also not a (meaningful) investment unless you are willing to do so.

If you bought a beanie baby at $5 and the price went to $50, I'd say the same thing. You haven't made a 1000% profit until you've realized that profit (by selling the beanie baby or exchanging it for other services). Until then, you're declining that profit in order to speculate on a larger profit.

Now, stocks are a little different, because their price also reflects, to an extent, an actual ongoing revenue stream.

He hasn't made a profit. It's not a profit until you fix the wealth (ie, by selling a portion). Its also not a (meaningful) investment unless you are willing to do so.

If you bought a beanie baby at $5 and the price went to $50, I'd say the same thing. You haven't made a 1000% profit until you've realized that profit (by selling the beanie baby or exchanging it for other services). Until then, you're declining that profit in order to speculate on a larger profit.

Now, stocks are a little different, because their price also reflects, to an extent, an actual ongoing revenue stream.

Sure.

If you were to calculate your net wealth would you include your 401(k)?

Back