• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Newsweek admits: U.S. Gov Planned False Flags to Start War With Soviet Union, JFK Documents Show

The first thing that has to happen is that everybody has to stop demonizing the other side, on most issues most people aren't that far apart
I agree, sadly I fall into the demonizing category too often. It is difficult in this landscape and certainly in the sherdog wr but you are 100% correct on this one. I find that when i can have a normal conversation with some coservative/republicans we are a mostly centrist bunch.

Virtually every US war has utilized a False Flag or some sort of misleading to build up support

The Lusitania had arms on it, it wasn't merely carrying innocent passengers
The USS Maine Incident
The Gulf of Tonkin
WMDs in Iraq
We were 'attacked' by Seminoles and used that as pretense to invade Florida
Same thing w/ the Mexican American War, and how Lincoln rose to fame initially w/ his Spot speech 'Show me the SPOT on US Soil that our troops were engaged....' which they couldn't do as the US troops went into disputed territory to start shit
We had some knowledge/intel about Pearl harbor prior, how seriously they took it is a different story. Same w/ 9/11

We fought the last battle of the War of 1812, battle of New Orleans, after the WAR WAS ALREADY OVER FFS haha

Virtually every US war has utilized a False Flag or some sort of misleading to build up support

The USS Maine Incident
The Gulf of Tonkin
WMDs in Iraq
Same thing w/ the Mexican American War, and how Lincoln rose to fame initially w/ his Spot speech 'Show me the SPOT on US Soil that our troops were engaged....' which they couldn't do as the US troops went into disputed territory to start shit
We had some knowledge/intel about Pearl harbor prior, how seriously they took it is a different story. Same w/ 9/11

We fought the last battle of the War of 1812, battle of New Orleans, after the WAR WAS ALREADY OVER FFS haha
Yes, thank-you for the sanity.

That was the wrong thing to do. They should not have done that.
You did it wrong.

The US government should not have planned false flag attacks to start WWIII. That was the wrong thing to do.

You're welcome.

Our history is full of sketchy shit, specifically during the Cold War and more specifically in Central/South America. These revelations aren't terribly revealing if you study how god awful twisted our strategies for "fighting the commies" really were.
You're fine, TS. This mod is an Americanist.
{<redford}

The USS Maine Incident
The Gulf of Tonkin
WMDs in Iraq

How do you reconcile this knowledge with being a part of it?

You did it wrong.

The US government should not have planned false flag attacks to start WWIII. That was the wrong thing to do.

You're welcome.

I should not have phrased it like that. That was the wrong thing to do.

Actual news in this day in age that isn't a Trump tweet. Yey!

And just goes to show, the government is corrupt. No reason to ever make it bigger!

I agree. But the problem is that people who harp on "big government" use spurious and inconsistent definitions.

We absolutely need to reign in the surveillance state, reduce the influence of private capital on US policy, and make government more transparent.

However, other "small government" initiatives translate into preventing the government from regulating the distribution of power and capital from continually trending (moreso) upward. We absolutely should not be gutting the government's ability to ensure economic efficiency and social stability.

Our history is full of sketchy shit, specifically during the Cold War and more specifically in Central/South America. These revelations aren't terribly revealing if you study how god awful twisted our strategies for "fighting the commies" really were.
You're fine, TS. This mod is an Americanist.

IMO probably the only positive thing that has come from the evolution of the "alt right" over the old guard neoconservatives: being willing to call out American foreign policy crimes and lies. On domestic issues, I find nothing positive has come from the new right, however.

The problem is that the Alt Right is completely complicit in (or in denial of) the influence of the MIC on government spending and using identity politics to gut social spending while bolstering military spending....and that spending has to go into something.

I agree. But the problem is that people who harp on "big government" use spurious and inconsistent definitions.

We absolutely need to reign in the surveillance state, reduce the influence of private capital on US policy, and make government more transparent.

However, other "small government" initiatives translate into preventing the government from regulating the distribution of power and capital from continually trending (moreso) upward. We absolutely should not be gutting the government's ability to ensure economic efficiency and social stability.
Let me guess, your yellow card is for derailing threads with off topic idiocy, yes?

Let's be clear. Men in 'our' supposed government were willing to attack Americans for the express purpose of sending our kids to war.

Let that sink in.

And yet we slurp up everything the agencies tell us. And the disgraced leaders of those agencies are heroes on the news

Let me guess, your yellow card is for derailing threads with off topic idiocy, yes?

Nope, for calling reductive and antagonistic morons "morons."

Let's be clear. Men in 'our' supposed government were willing to attack Americans for the express purpose of sending our kids to war.

Let that sink in.

Look at my username. I'm not defending fucking neocons.

I am extremely critical of US foreign policy. We should be spitting on the Graves of the generals who proposed Operation Northwoods.

That doesn't mean we should confuse good government with bad government and create private economic domestic tyranny in the place of international political tyranny, especially when the former can be leveraged into the latter.

Goes to show why I don't simply take the CIA/NSA's word for it when it comes to who hacked the DNC and Podesta.

How do you reconcile this knowledge with being a part of it?
Every male in my family for the previous 2 generations had served, i felt like i owed something for growing up in base housing and having tricare through college.

Plus its fairly easy to assimilate into government service and reap the benefits of it, without being completely indoctrinated or brainwashed.

Every male in my family for the previous 2 generations had served, i felt like i owed something for growing up in base housing and having tricare through college.

Plus its fairly easy to assimilate into government service and reap the benefits of it, without being completely indoctrinated or brainwashed.
Right, but I meant more the killing of people in foreign lands part.

I mean i disagreed with the iraq war, more than most as my best friend was killed there and my younger bro severely permanently wounded.

Yet i still joined voluntarily, into one of the 2 branches most likely to deploy there. I instead went to africa and afghanistan, which at the very least opened my eyes to true poverty and got me to appreciate what i had that much more.

On the bright side, once you learn to embrace the suck, normal routine life problems become laughable in comparison.

I was also highly fortunate to live in europe for 3.5 years, so all in all i cant really complain. I would recommend it as an experience builder if anything, but it suits certain personality types better than others. I was born in it, raised in it so it was probably easier for me than others adjusting

Last edited:
It is well known that the U.S. government will resort to any tactic in order to achieve their national and global objectives.

so would any other powerful government. the only difference is, they're not as powerful as U.S. and simply can't do half the stuff and have to resort to what's available (e.g. Russia and hacking)

Right, but I meant more the killing of people in foreign lands part.
At this pt, unless youre an UAV operator, youre only engaging when in direct and imminent danger due to ROEs, i.e. literally taking fire.

At that pt, politics and world view are out the window and reflexes or training take over. Its them or you...

Back