Chicago bakery loses 800 workers after immigration raid

"A spokesman said the bakery is struggling to replace staff, is facing pressure to raise wages, and has lost $21 million due to the disruption."

GEOTUS stays winning
What is GEOTUS??? This forum keeps inventing acronyms and i have yet to figure some of it out lol.

The market should determine the acceptable wage. The price of Mcdonalds might have to go up a few cents a burger so they can afford to pay more for buns made at a bakery that has higher wages. If you artificially raise the minimum wage companies will either be priced into increasing automation or close their operations entirely because they are no longer profitable.
Automation will come no matter what the .gov does to wages.

State/Fed may have just lost 10s of million in potential tax revenue.

All so 800 low-rent proletarians can work for $10/hour instead of $8, lmao. Not establishing a law which prohibits voting for individuals making less than $250,000/year will truly be the bane of this great nation. What a disgusting travesty.

An income requirement for voting? That's a laugh. Basically in your twisted system 1% of the population have more citizenship then others.. Way to alienate most of the population.. Could work for a bit, until they revolt..

If you have an electric stove, the energy very well might have been generated by coal.
And natural gas is often mined with coal so that's not that far removed from it either.
The coal jerbz are back!

Let's just say for example, 5% of the population committed a murder. Would it be wrong to throw 5% of the population in jail, because of the economic stress it would put on businesses?

When your "let's say for example" is equating economic migration to murdering another human being, you cannot expect others to take your hypothetical very seriously.

Now, if you had say "let's say for example 5% of the population committed jaywalking: would it be socially prudent to put them in jail and drastically harm the economy instead of fining them and allowing them to keep producing?"

Automation will come no matter what the .gov does to wages.

Yes, but currently automated systems are quite costly. If wages are artificially inflated it will expedite the use of technologies that presently don't make financial sense to adopt.

i'm not american but this kind of stuff, like asking to respect laws, will only give benefits to the middle class, who pays more taxes

Pay a decent wage and Americans will do it. Problem is not lack of American workers, it is greedy capitalists who do not want to pay a decent wage.

Payroll is the only business expense they control and control it they will, even to the detriment of our country.

Looks like a good news to me.

Now McD have to raise their wages to hire legal workers instead of hiring illegal workers while paying them less than minimum wage and avoid taxes.

Yes, but currently automated systems are quite costly. If wages are artificially inflated it will expedite the use of technologies that presently don't make financial sense to adopt.

But they are artificially deflated when the tax payer needs to kick in to keep those workers able to work.

Pay a decent wage and Americans will do it. Problem is not lack of American workers, it is greedy capitalists who do not want to pay a decent wage.

Another Marxist who hates success!!

If you can operate your business successfully without breaking the law that, that's on them.

They lost 21 million....not like it is some small ma and pa corner bakery.

I'm going to pretend I work at The Washington post and create a headline libs would like.

Large corporate Bakery has been profiting off low pay to illegal immigrants and are now facing government sanctions

yeah, ain't not white people baking shit
we are far too good for such humiliating work for sure

Good thing to go after the people that are helping the economy....MAGA! :rolleyes:

by working for less than fair wages? All illegals do is make the rich richer. it is the "best thing next to slavery" the rich can get.

Good thing to go after the people that are helping the economy....MAGA! :rolleyes:
how are they helping the economy if they send a lot of their money home and avoid paying federal/state taxes (no SSN)?

would it be more helpful to the economy if McD start paying livable wages to attract legal/american workers instead of paying slave wages to attract the illegals?

If you can operate your business successfully without breaking the law that, that's on them.

They lost 21 million....not like it is some small ma and pa corner bakery.

I'm going to pretend I work at The Washington post and create a headline libs would like.

Large corporate Bakery has been profiting off low pay to illegal immigrants and are now facing government sanctions
this lib would be incensed if the WashPo ever used such a poorly-written headline.

Back