Honolulu Med Marijuana users have 30 days to turn in their guns

Our government really has it's priorities mixed up.

Why not send a letter to everyone reminding if they have felonies that they need to turn in their firearms? I'm sure it would work.

I'd definitely go for the weed tbh

why single out medicinal users anyway? some kind of pandering to both sides?

"look we're taking action on gun control and we're also punishing weed users."

Last edited:
Meanwhile, you get a free pistol with every purchase of 6 cases of Jack Daniels!!!

I don't see how this will stand with my very limted understanding of US laws.

Will people who drink have to turn in firearms? How about those using pharmaceuticals? Makes no sense to this Canuck.

Do they have a registry of alcohol drinkers with guns? Because I'm pretty sure that's actually directly correlated with gun crime and suicide. The only correlation I might see with weed and guns is drug dealers shooting people, not potheads shooting people.

Will people who drink have to turn in firearms? How about those using pharmaceuticals? Makes no sense to this Canuck.
It makes no sense to anyone with a brain in the US either unless you're a gun grabber type.

Do they have a registry of alcohol drinkers with guns? Because I'm pretty sure that's actually directly correlated with gun crime and suicide. The only correlation I might see with weed and guns is drug dealers shooting people, not potheads shooting people.

Those letters should be going out soon too...

It makes no sense to anyone with a brain in the US either unless you're a gun grabber type.
no "gun grabber" thinks marijuana use precludes a threat from a gun owner, thats in your head

alcohol is off limits always

Public intox keep your gun

drunk driving keep your gun

Smoke a joint after work while binge-watching Netflix. Turn in your gun.

Huh?

Finally, these violent drug addicts can no longer go around murdering, ruining families (other than their own) and ruining our clean streets.

I've seen the devil's herb change many men and women into violent criminals. It's almost like the scarecrow from Batman. One puff of some weed and they turn into violent lunatics, given that they don't overdose and die on the spot.

They don't keep a registry of people who buy booze.

You are right. I see drunk people doing stupid things all the time.

This is a bullshit law, waste of money.

Back