Honolulu Med Marijuana users have 30 days to turn in their guns

Does Honolulu have a Jeff Sessions in the mix?

Alcohol is perfectly legal and so are medicine with a prescription. There are warning labels on pills that have side-effects for a reason!

Medical marijuana is only available to patients that have a prescription given by a licensed doctor. It's legal to consume under those guidelines, so its the same as prescription pills, thats why I was saying that the same gun restrictions should be given to alcohol and prescription pill consumers.

Just because you mix deranged democratic policy with lunatic republican doesn't mean you get a happy centrist balance.

I don't see how this will stand with my very limted understanding of US laws.

Will people who drink have to turn in firearms? How about those using pharmaceuticals? Makes no sense to this Canuck.
Lol well as a fellow Canuck and one who has read your posts you know our laws don’t make sense either lol. I could totally see the liberals doing that here

Weed is legal for recreation in several states. Still don't need druggies smoking that junk and shooting innocent people.
that is without a doubt the weakest ass troll i have seen all week
congrats
MjAxMi1hYTY0ZWNmYTg2Yzg3M2M0.png

If successful, I wonder if other cities/states will follow.

So is the slippery slope people are often speaking of?

Lol well as a fellow Canuck and one who has read your posts you know our laws don’t make sense either lol. I could totally see the liberals doing that here
Wouldn't put anything past Trudeaus government, that's for sure.

Good times lol. They're just an island, they don't need none of that silly bill of rights stuff. The way I read it, simply rescheduling the drug properly would have taken care of this before it became a problem.

Weed is legal for recreation in several states. Still don't need druggies smoking that junk and shooting innocent people.

This thread is specifically about how Honolulu Medical Marijuana users are having their guns taken. You should read the thread before giving an opinion that doesn't pertain to it. Violence is associated a lot more, according to experts not keyboard warriors or trolls, to alcohol and prescription pill abuse instead of marijuana abuse.

I didn’t think gun violence or violence in general was an issue over there. How the hell could you ever be angry in Hawaii lol

I'm not one that will get to cite this, but there's gonna be a bunch of "I told you so's" coming, and...yeah.

They did.

Not really

Michelle Yu, a spokeswoman for the Honolulu Police Department, wrote in an email to the Honolulu Civil Beat that medical weed patients have had their permits for gun ownership denied “for years.” That includes 67 patients from between 2013 to 2016.

In 2011, the ATF wrote an “open letter to all federal firearms licenses” that said “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana … is prohibited by Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.

Sounds like this is an already existing policy from the ATF and Hawaii is enforcing it.

Of the 700 homicides in just Chicago each year I'd bet that 95% of the shooters had weed in their system.
hmmm i remember a recent ban who loved whining about chicago.... which one was it hmmm?

KONE dat u??? or some other recently banned poster with a chicago fetish? RIP????

Last edited:
Good times lol. They're just an island, they don't need none of that silly bill of rights stuff. The way I read it, simply rescheduling the drug properly would have taken care of this before it became a problem.
Weed will be legal world wide before it will be rescheduled. You'll laugh about the cute antiquated nature of such silliness like we laugh about being entitled to a horse and a six shooter if we get kicked out of Calgary. Chuckles will be had..

This will not survive the courts.

It already did.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/31/ban-gun-sales-to-marijuana-card-holders-us-court-upheld/

A federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the Second Amendment, a federal appeals court said Wednesday.

The ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals applies to the nine Western states that fall under the court’s jurisdiction, including California, Washington and Oregon.

It came in a lawsuit filed by S. Rowan Wilson, a Nevada woman who said she tried to buy a firearm for self-defense in 2011 after obtaining a medical marijuana card. The gun store refused, citing the federal rule banning the sale of firearms to illegal drug users.

Wilson said she was not a marijuana user, but obtained the card in part as an expression of support for marijuana legalization.

She challenged guidance issued by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in 2011 that said gun sellers should assume people with medical marijuana cards use the drug and not sell them firearms.

The 9th Circuit in its 3-0 decision said it was reasonable for federal regulators to assume a medical marijuana card holder was more likely to use the drug.

Back