Honolulu Med Marijuana users have 30 days to turn in their guns

Hundreds of people are dying every day and being murdered every day because of the illegal weed trade.

Again, what does illegal marijuana have to with the legal trade based off Medical Marijuana consumption that is enabled and distributed by licensed medical professionals?

The U.S. government should also take guns away from alcohol consumers and people that are prescribed various pills.

They should consider it. It's not federal law, but almost half the states have laws regarding alcoholics purchasing/owning firearms.

Of the 700 homicides in just Chicago each year I'd bet that 95% of the shooters had weed in their system.

Wheat. They probably had *wheat* in their system. It's time for the bread cabal to own up to the trail of bodies it has left in its wake.

Do they have a similar prohibition for people that are on psychotropic medication?
Use of psychotropic medications is not a risk factor for gun violence, so I'm guessing no.

Not really

Sounds like this is an already existing policy from the ATF and Hawaii is enforcing it.

sorta Federal law precludes ownership and HPD just realized that is could enforce a similar ban through state law.

What’s funny is this an area to unite both lefties and righties in gun control

Don’t take away gun from marijuana users

Righties simply say don’t take away guns, lefties don’t want marijuana singled out above booze and pills. Both are right

But an overarching gun grabbing county went for it, after forcing a database of all firearm owners, and now the strong 2A have all the ammunition they need for why a database is bad

But if they disallow people that drink from owning guns what will gun bunnies use as a prop in place of the Jack bottle?

Use of psychotropic medications is not a risk factor for gun violence, so I'm guessing no.

Neither is use of medical marijuana, and I know which one commonly has more unpredictable side effects such as mania, psychosis, hallucinations, depersonalisation and suicidal ideation. Any of which would contradict the use of dangerous machinery.

sorta Federal law precludes ownership and HPD just realized that is could enforce a similar ban through state law.

I didn't see that in the link, I assumed it was because of the recent court decision and Hawaii covering it's ass re: their newly minted dispensaries.

Neither is use of medical marijuana, and I know which one commonly has more unpredictable side effects such as mania, psychosis, hallucinations, depersonalisation and suicidal ideation. Any of which would contradict the use of dangerous machinery.
I think the guy that shot Giffords, the dude in Colorado, and a couple other of those more recent mass shooters were on those sorts of drugs at least in the past too.

I didn't see that in the link, I assumed it was because of the recent court decision and Hawaii covering it's ass re: their newly minted dispensaries.

I am sure that is part of it as well but Hawaii does not have to rely on federal law to seize or register firearms. All firearms are registered per Hawaii law and pursuant to hrs 134-7 they can seize based on having a card. So it is much easier for them to do.

I think the guy that shot Giffords, the dude in Colorado, and a couple other of those more recent mass shooters were on those sorts of drugs at least in the past too.

A lot of them are, but that doesn't mean it's a statistically significant risk factor in violent crime. I think the strongest statistical indicators are being male, poor and abusing drugs/alcohol.

A lot of them are, but that doesn't mean it's a statistically significant risk factor in violent crime. I think the strongest statistical indicators are being male, poor and abusing drugs/alcohol.
SSRIs are definitely drugs.

What about the supreme court?

Not sure how it's gonna get there. Hawaii is in the 9th. So if SCOTUS didn't take up the previous case, and the 9th doesn't take up any future cases, then we'd need to see something similar happen in another circuit court district. Or am I missing something?

Back