• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why don’t some people accept that Poverty in America is a lifestyle choice?

HatchetHarry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it pure ignorance? Denial? Poverty in America is really inexcusable. I laugh when people talk about how people are “keeping them down”. Newsflash: CEO making bank doesn’t stop you from making bank.

The thing is these people simply lack work ethic and are bad with money. They blow all their funds on trash and if they actually work they don’t want to put in the extra hours or acquire a side hustle. Once I finish my Masters I am planning on working 5 jobs. My only problem is there isn’t enough hours in the week.

200.webp
200.webp

200.webp

Minimum wage: $7.25

Annual Minimum Wage: $7.25 * 2080 = $15,080

2017 Federal Poverty Level for a single individual: $12,060

"Lifestyle choice"

{<jordan}

Minimum wage: $7.25

Annual Minimum Wage: $7.25 * 2080 = $15,080

2017 Federal Poverty Level for a single individual: $12,060

"Lifestyle choice"

{<jordan}

People choose to work minimum wage jobs. These are jobs meant for high schoolers. Try harder

People choose to work minimum wage jobs. These are jobs meant for high schoolers. Try harder
Correction, MW jobs are open to people who will do them.

The more you know.

If you are an adult that works minimum wage, you clearly made MANY and REPETITIVE poor life choices....

Or you are literally handicapped or disabled, which ok that's not your fault.

If your job can be done by a HS student w/ zero training, it's not the man holding you down.....

If you are an adult that works minimum wage, you clearly made MANY and REPETITIVE poor life choices....

If your job can be done by a HS student w/ zero training, it's not the man holding you down.....

Sense

This post makes it

So, none of them?

Hahahah this should be in the Maybery!

It's much easier to blame others for your failures in life, rather than working hard at obtaining your goals...

Yes, there are exceptions to this maxim, but for the most part, it can be broken down to personal bad decisions, lack of ambition and victimhood

It is a lifestyle choice. You could argue homeless people are more free than the rest of us who have to slave our lives away working for the man. Meanwhile those people live day to day and do whatever they want, taking whatever they want with no regard for anyone but themselves.

ITT I learned businesses that pay mw are only open at night and on the weekends.

Also, being rich is a lifestyle choice, so I don't want to hear any more shit about unfair progressive taxes.

It is for some.

But I've been choosing to have 100 Billion dollars for some years now and apparently no one gives a fuck.

Strange.

I don't know what to make of people with such simple thinking sometimes.

It's like I feel bad for them but I don't have the energy to deal with stupid people with confidence.

If you were that much of a hustler you wouldn’t be posting on the dog, bra.

Don’t be posin.

I don't know what to make of people with such simple thinking sometimes.

It's like I feel bad for them but I don't have the energy to deal with stupid people with confidence.

Keep choosing the poverty lifestyle brah

ITT I learned businesses that pay mw are only open at night and on the weekends.

Also, being rich is a lifestyle choice, so I don't want to hear any more shit about unfair progressive taxes.

This post deserves more than the one "like" I was able to give it.

Is it pure ignorance? Denial? Poverty in America is really inexcusable. I laugh when people talk about how people are “keeping them down”. Newsflash: CEO making bank doesn’t stop you from making bank.

The thing is these people simply lack work ethic and are bad with money. They blow all their funds on trash and if they actually work they don’t want to put in the extra hours or acquire a side hustle. Once I finish my Masters I am planning on working 5 jobs. My only problem is there isn’t enough hours in the week.
As someone who started out poor and is now pushing the top end of upper middle class i support this message.

Back